Transmission type:auto
Desired number of Doors:2
Desired Color combos:do not want black or red
Desired Packages: everything
Funds lined up? I am a no BS buyer
Have a car you need to sell first? crashed my car last month

Maximus57
01-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Are you sure you want auto? Manual is the way to go. I think in the long run, if you decide to sell a ZHP, manual trans would be easier to sell. But, that just my opinion.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Having lived in the Bay Area (three years in San Francisco), I can say that I am glad I drove an automatic there. I don't think it would have been much fun driving with a manual there. Lots of traffic and lots of hills (especially in the City).

MisterMotorist
01-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Are you sure you want auto? Manual is the way to go. I think in the long run, if you decide to sell a ZHP, manual trans would be easier to sell. But, that just my opinion.

Actually, I am sure of what I want. If I lived in Colorado I would likely have only manual transmission vehicles; however, I live in one of the worst traffic areas in the USA - in San Francisco there are almost no places where one can travel more than one block without encountering a stop sign or traffic light. I have other vehicles to drive when I want to depress a clutch pedal.

Maximus57
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Sorry! My Bad. I've visited SF. I see what you mean by not wanting a manual.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
And I've been to Denver, where I would absolutely want a manual.

Washburn
01-07-2011, 09:30 AM
I have an auto for the same reasons, not living in SF, but too much traffic and stop/go on work commute. Good to see some people "get it" about auto. So tired of "manual, manual, manual" rants everywhere, it's almost like sheeple - people (not here, but in general) say that just to say it, because it's the "thing to say", even when they really don't mean it fully for the reasons that ARE logical.

G' Luck on your search.

pyreguy
01-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I got to drive Mtnman's automatic last weekend, and it wasn't even remotely a bad experience. I really liked how it performed. If I was to need an auto, a ZHP is still the way to go.

danewilson77
01-07-2011, 02:07 PM
I actually loved my TiAg 325I that was an auto. Caught a lot of crap about it though...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MisterMotorist
01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
I have been on bf.c, roadfly, bimmerfest, etc. for over a decade...the auto/manual "debate" just rolls off my back like water...I can see the reasoning behind choosing to have a clutch - or not. If someone wants to have a car with manual transmission, great. If someone wants to have a car with auto trans, dual clutch, MCT 7-speed, CVT, whatever, that's good, too. It is a large planet with enough room (for the time being, anyhow) for everyone to strive to achieve their own objectives. My objective is to locate and purchase a 330CI ZHP with auto trans - if it comes with an ESS twin screw, all the better!

HAPPY MOTORING!

nk_zhp
01-17-2011, 12:43 PM
^ well put.

Maximus57
01-17-2011, 01:36 PM
There is a Black on Black 330Ci ZHP here in Denver. I think it has just over 19,000 miles on it. I'm going to have a look tonight. Just looking not buying.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
There is a Black on Black 330Ci ZHP here in Denver. I think it has just over 19,000 miles on it. I'm going to have a look tonight. Just looking not buying.

Damn. Let me know how much it is.

Maximus57
01-17-2011, 04:28 PM
It was getting a bit dark, but the car looked really good. 2005 330Ci ZHP, auto trans. Here's the killer 19,006 miles. It has the M leather steering wheel, but alcantara pannels with cloth inserts. It's Black on Black. I didn't see any door dings or dents. The rims are curb rash free. $24,899 asking price.

Washburn
01-17-2011, 04:33 PM
what other options? Cold weather? Xenon? Nav? Premium? etc. Unless it's loaded to the gills, that's a bit too much, IMO, even with the low miles....on the other hand, i can understand not letting a chance go by to own the exact car you want, just because of 1-2k dollars...

Maximus57
01-17-2011, 04:41 PM
It was not loaded. No Nav, No Leather. I didn't have time to give a alot of time. If someone was interested, I can get more information. It appeared to be in great cosmetic condition. Some ahole put a silver pinstripe down the side. Good thing, it was just a tape stripe, easy to remove. I told them their price was too high, The sales guy said make a reasonable offer. I'm merely guessing, based on the really low miles, $18,500 -$20,900
NOTE; Synthetic Seats Alcantara/Cloth Not Leatherette
Here is what they have listed

Rear Wheel Drive
Electronic Stability Control
Tires - Rear Performance
Full Size Spare Tire
4-Wheel ABS
Brake Assist
Sun/Moon Roof
Sunroof Wind Deflector
Daytime Running Lights
Power Driver Mirror
Heated Exterior Driver Mirror
Mirror Memory
Intermittent Wipers
Rain Sensing Wipers
Power Driver Seat
Bucket Seats
Premium Synthetic Seats
2nd Row Bench Seat
Cruise Control
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Trip Computer
Keyless Entry
Remote Trunk Release
Climate Control
AM/FM Stereo
Premium Sound System
Driver Vanity Mirror
Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror
Front Reading Lamps
Side Head Air Bag
Traction Control
Tires - Front Performance
Aluminum Wheels
Power Steering
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
Power Tilt/Sliding Sunroof
Sunroof Sunshield
Fog Lamps
Heated Mirrors
Power Passenger Mirror
Heated Exterior Passenger Mirror
Auto-On Headlights
Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers
Auto-Off Headlights
Power Passenger Seat
Seat Memory
Pass-Through Rear Seat
Woodgrain Interior Trim
Steering Wheel Controls
Adjustable Steering Wheel
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Power Door Locks
Power Windows
A/C
CD Player
Cell Phone Hookup
Passenger Vanity Mirror
Passenger Illuminated Visor Mirror
Rear Reading Lamps
Vehicle Anti-Theft System

Washburn
01-17-2011, 04:59 PM
woodgrain? I thought ZHPs had silver or black cube trim..
No Xenon - This should be a BIG point over which you can make an offer about $1000 less immediately.
by Premium sound I hope they mean HK

All of the stuff they mentioned are standard items I think.
Alcantara/Cloth seats are great, actually. Makes the ZHP even more unique. The car has the best combo of Seats being alcantara/cloth while the steering wheel is the leather one. (likein my car - i love that combo)

My car with 12,500 miles was around $21000 (private party - and it had cold weather, HK and Xenons) - I would offer around $18-19k and see how the reaction is.

Maximus57
01-17-2011, 05:10 PM
It had black cube trim. It was in OK condition. Being this is at a Chevy Dealership, 1. They don't know what a ZHP is, 2. I would bet they won't go that low. Be priced at just over 24K, They might go 21K. I don't know unless someone wants it and makes an offer. The whole 10 minutes I looked at it, the seats looked new. paint looked good. A little chip here and there. Nothing one couldn't live with. If anyone wants the salesmans name/number, let me know.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-17-2011, 05:33 PM
It had black cube trim. It was in OK condition. Being this is at a Chevy Dealership, 1. They don't know what a ZHP is, 2. I would bet they won't go that low. Be priced at just over 24K, They might go 21K. I don't know unless someone wants it and makes an offer. The whole 10 minutes I looked at it, the seats looked new. paint looked good. A little chip here and there. Nothing one couldn't live with. If anyone wants the salesmans name/number, let me know.

If they don't know what they have, then they are overpricing it. You'd be asking that much if you knew it was a ZHP.

Anyhow, mm is looking for auto tranny. Could be of interest to him. Good find, Jeff.

Maximus57
01-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Should I PM him on this? It was nice, just not loaded or rare.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah. Hit MM up with a PM.

Maximus57
01-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Looks like this one is too far away for MM. Too bad someone doesn't jump on this one.

Washburn
01-18-2011, 02:52 PM
i flew from NC to MN to check the my ZHP out and test drive and buy it...distance is not a hurdle to some when they find their dream car :) i'd still PM him.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-18-2011, 02:54 PM
MM is zeroing in on a deal right now. I think he told Maximus that it was too far given the other stuff he has going on.

Washburn
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM
oh.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-18-2011, 03:03 PM
We will see what he ends up with. Oh, and I remember him saying he wanted to stay under $20k.

Maximus57
01-18-2011, 06:35 PM
If I had the stable space, I might consider this car. Here's their web site. www.edbozarth.com It's at the Park Meadows site. The specs that they provide are not completely accurate IMO. They only have two BMW's on their site. The other is a green M3 Vert. I'm not sure what year it is.