PDA

View Full Version : 2002 VW Jetta 1.8T 5 speed-- Extensive Maintenance!

gr330zhp
05-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Hey guys, so the time has come for me to sell my Jetta. I doubt anyone on here is interested, but figured id post up anyway.

2002 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS, 137k miles Galactic Blue/Grey cloth, 5 speed manual

The car has had a huge amount of maintenance and some mods in the last 25-30k miles. I was planning on keeping the car for the long run and maintained everything, but decided that I just don't need a second car anymore. So my loss is your gain. The GLS has power windows/locks/keyless entry/ alarm, heated seats, moonroof, A/C, Cruise and CD player, really well optioned out.

Maintenance:

@107k miles
New OE front rotors
New OE front pads/sensor

@110k miles
New timing belt/tensioner
New water pump and coolant sensor
New thermostat
New valve cover gasket
New OE spark plugs
Boost controller serviced

@110k miles
Brand NEW K03 turbo
Forge 007 Diverter Valve
All hoses and intercooler cleaned out

@112k miles
New rear brake pads

@120k miles
New rear polyurethane subframe bushings
New cabin microfilter
New K&N air filter

@134k
New FK Cup kit (Sport Shocks and Lowering Springs) Good quality German kit, handles good and removed the wheel gap
New shock mounts
New strut mounts
Audi TT/R32/polyurethane front control arm bushings
New battery
New Blizzaks all around

Also:
Audi front fog lights with H4 euro bulbs
Euro light switch with rear fog light installed
Silverstars
Audi TT dead pedal
VW Monster Mats
Llumar 30% window tint all around (professionally done)
Debadged
OE VW CD player
Armrest delete available if wanted
Smoked taillights, corners and sidemarkers
Oil changes every 2.5k-3k miles with ONLY Mobil-1 Synthetic
Professionally detailed numerous times a year

As I've said, it has been extremely well cared for since I've owned it, I used it to commute from Maine to NH mostly highway, the past 36k miles. The car pulls quite hard, handles great, gets 31mpg and is comfortable. Anyone who knows the car, knows how CLEAN and well maintained it is. Future plans included software, down pipe and Longbeaches but decide I don't need an extra car. I can answer any other questions. Asking $6,000obo

Some pics before the suspension, more available upon request

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/cruisineuro/328-1.jpg
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/cruisineuro/330-1.jpg
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/cruisineuro/331-1.jpg
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/cruisineuro/327.jpg

Thanks for looking

CERF04ZHP
05-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Stathi, you're selling?! Consolidation at it's best... are you now going to get some snows and run the ZHP during the winter?

gr330zhp
05-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Stathi, you're selling?! Consolidation at it's best... are you now going to get some snows and run the ZHP during the winter?

Yeah Channing, it's time for it to go. I planned to keep the car long term, and put so much money into it, but now that school is done, I realized one less car wouldn't be all that bad, for now. I say now, that I'm going to drive the ZHP in winter but everyone tells me not too, haha and I know with the first snowflake I won't want to either. I will either get a 4Runner later on for the winter or will drive the ZHP year round.

Really, I want to get an E30 M3 or E34 M5 :D

Sent from my HTC Merge.

CERF04ZHP
05-10-2012, 11:36 AM
e34. . . M5 . . . all . . . day . . . long. . .

gr330zhp
05-10-2012, 12:00 PM
e34. . . M5 . . . all . . . day . . . long. . .

I knowwww! :D love that car, and motor!

Sent from my HTC Merge.

az3579
05-10-2012, 12:16 PM
e30. . . M3. . . all . . . day . . . long. . .

Fixed. ;)

Running the ZHP in the winter isn't bad at all. Knowing how much of a detail-phreak you are, I would think you wouldn't have much of a problem raising the car up on jacks once a week to spray the undercarriage down. :biggrin

CERF04ZHP
05-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Hahahahaha

gr330zhp
05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Fixed. ;)

Running the ZHP in the winter isn't bad at all. Knowing how much of a detail-phreak you are, I would think you wouldn't have much of a problem raising the car up on jacks once a week to spray the undercarriage down. :biggrin

True. I've wanted an E30 M3 since I was 5 years old. And I would keep the ZHP clean and garaged if I drive it year round.

Sent from my HTC Merge