PDA

View Full Version : Went to Dragway on a cold day...

Nivo
05-13-2012, 11:12 AM
5/10/2012 track day:

Well my buddy and I went to the track for the first time this season, track temps are still cold and track is like ice. All cars including slick and awd cars were pulling 2.0 60' times :-(.

I wanted to see what this car can do stock, well trying to launch this thing with one wheel peel and barely any sidewall was a challenge on a cold day following few days of rain.

My first time running this particular car at the track ever so I was experimenting with shifting more then anything.

Launching at anything above 2,000 rpms proved to be just spin past the 60' mark.

The bad run was with traction completely on and trying to WOT shift.

Once the drag cars go on and lay down some good rubber traction will be better and so will my 60' times. I expect 1.9-2.0 if the track gets good again this year.

The traps are based on shifting at 6,000 rpms from 1-2 and 2-3, I shifted at redline from 2-3 and the trap was 95mph. I short shifted the rest of the runs due to traction after shifting as the car would go side to side. Even though the power peak happens at 5900 rpms there is mph to be had shifting later.

I see it capable of low 14's so not bad since to me this is the slowest car I have owned.

Nivo
05-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Let me add, this is the reason why it is getting a turbo, lol
Although I think it has a 97mph trap in it maybe 98mph if I do my vanos seals lol.

R0B
05-19-2012, 09:41 PM
I did 14.2-4 the entire first night I took my car to the drag strip, so you were right to conclude it is capable of low 14's ;)