PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Mafia SIGfest Parking Thread/Diagram for Dane Wilson's Home

brettbimmer
05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Hello SIGfest Attendees/Mafia Family!

Dane and his family are graciously hosting a bunch of us BMW car nuts for the weekend, and he is expecting 35+ cars expected for Friday night’s festivities. With that in mind, Dane and I have been working hard to make parking as smooth, efficient, and quick as possible to avoid backups on the main road in front of his house & general mass confusion, like the one found in European Vacation on the Traffic Circle! With that in mind, we have devised a parking plan to be sure that everyone will fit and mafia traffic will flow as smoothly as possible. Given the space requirements to park all of us at the Wilson residence, please be sure to park as close as possible to the vehicle next to you, as directed upon arriving.

Our host family is opening their doors & grounds to us, so please treat their home and property like you would your own.

• Members Camping/Staying @ Wilson Central: Dane has started a new thread for you, and has asked that you arrive anywhere from 1600 hours (that’s 4:00PM!) onwards on Friday. The goal with this earlier arrival is to keep the campers’ cars on the driveway so that they are not causing damage to the lawn by sitting on it long-term, and it eliminates your vehicles needing to be shuffled in the dark to allow the offsite lodging guests to leave later on in the evening. Referring to the diagram, please plan to be parked in rows 1 & 2 at an angle on the driveway, backed into place, maximizing allowable space. Easiest method to this parking area is to enter the driveway, come around the circle COUNTER-CLOCKWISE, and plan to back up towards the garage (marked with corresponding colored arrows on the diagram). Side benefit is that this will make for a fantastic photo shoot!

• Members Staying in Hotels/Off-site: Please plan to arrive around 1700 hours (that’s 5:00PM!) for us to direct you for parking on the grass areas first (both next to the drive and next to the main front road), with overflow going onto the driveway. Entrance points (marked with corresponding colored arrows on the diagram) are going to be at the top of row 1 near the garage, and also from mid-point in the circle, which after entry may require some backing into place (with spotter assistance). The idea here is that this group will be the first to leave later on in the evening, and we are aiming to make departure as painless as possible after some Mafia Cheer, hence the backing into place during the daylight hours!

Another reason for having you back into place is in case of emergency, fire or otherwise, and the need to empty the driveway/grass in an expeditious manner. With all vehicles facing the exit, this would go quickly, smoothly & efficiently.

Have special questions, comments, complaints, concerns, requests, thoughts? Worried that your Imola coupe is going to pick a fight with a Tiag sedan? Please let us know. We are willing to work with you if you have special issues. Oh that’s right…we are a bunch of car crazies, so we all have issues…and are all special!

Look forward to seeing everyone at SIGfest! We hope to have parking in the bag with this info to you ahead of arrival. Safe travels to All!

-Brett

Rube Goldberg's Parking Diagram:

In case any of you are lost with my European Vacation reference above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgX6qlJEMc

M3TA5IN
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Sweet, I might make it fairly early on Friday.

danewilson77
05-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks for putting this together Brett. Well done.

Delivered from SIGFest USA

brettbimmer
05-13-2012, 02:50 PM
My pleasure. Thank you for all of your input!

cakM3
05-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks Brett! I was beginning to wonder how we were going to be parking our rides at the big event :)

static667
05-13-2012, 06:26 PM
As I'll be coming in early to assist with food and area prep, then staying off site, what would be the best place for me to park?

brettbimmer
05-13-2012, 06:40 PM
As I'll be coming in early to assist with food and area prep, then staying off site, what would be the best place for me to park?

Kyle, probably at the neighbors down the street! :biggrin :innocent Just kidding man! I am sure that there will be plenty of room. Well, you will probably need to unload a bunch of gear, so perhaps the grass would be best. We can figure it out on Friday - no worries!! This thread is not to get everyone stressed before arrival, just to give everyone a heads up as to what we are thinking in terms of parking.

Ryans323i
05-14-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm only cautious about reversing at night. My current reverse lights (working on a new set now, but might not happen before meet) are blacked out and my windows are very tinted. I don't mind getting blocked in. I plan on arriving ~5pm and I'm staying off site, but would like to stay for our California members' arrival, which is very late as I understand it.

danewilson77
05-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Oh....it's going to be a late night. Of course people can leave when they want....but....last call is.....well.......idk.

brettbimmer
05-14-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm only cautious about reversing at night. My current reverse lights (working on a new set now, but might not happen before meet) are blacked out and my windows are very tinted. I don't mind getting blocked in. I plan on arriving ~5pm and I'm staying off site, but would like to stay for our California members' arrival, which is very late as I understand it.

No problem Ryan. Hopefully by getting everyone backed into place during the daylight hours, we won't have to have anyone maneuvering in reverse after dark, especially with all of the expensive German sheet metal around to hit. :shifty

cakM3
05-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Brett,

I anticipate arriving with BP and anyone traveling with him but will have to leave before 10:30 to go to the airport to pick John up. If I can park my car by the entrance that would probably make things easier for everyone when I have to leave.

John wants to come by to meet/greet everyone :)

kpro
05-14-2012, 09:13 AM
We plan on staying pretty late Friday evening too :) Ryan, I won't let you hit anyone backing out...well if I'm not sober by that point, Rob won't let you hit anything.

I keep reading in various places don't show up before 4:00/5:00PM on Friday. Just a friendly reminder: We need to respect that unless its been otherwise discussed with Dane, like Kyle's situation. I used to throw these big meets/parties and there's nothing more stressful than people showing up hours early when you're trying to run around and get the last little details into place while attempting to entertain guests simultaneously. Respect that 1600/1700 time frame :)

C Withers Media
05-14-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't intend to drink any alchohol so I will be available to shuttle people to and from if necessary. Don't over do the drinking guys, pictures are forever.

SureShot434
05-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't intend to drink any alchohol so I will be available to shuttle people to and from if necessary. Don't over do the drinking guys, pictures are forever.

Yes but alchohol makes the pictures so much better!!! lol Wish i could be there guys! Be safe! Can't wait to see the pics!

:drunk

Too bad ur not driving CW lol You could stop by Indiana on Thursday and shoot my 21st bday party haha

brettbimmer
05-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Charlie - Won't be a problem. We will certainly work with you on Friday to make sure that you have easy access out, if not right at the drive/road entrance, perhaps first car out on the bottom of the circle, (which would give you clear access to the road). My thoughts with our planning is trying to make sure that just about everyone will have easy access out to the road, with minimal obstructions (cars) in the way. Currently not sure we have many campers, so we will probably adjust our parking accordingly on Friday, but we will make sure you have clear access - just remind me when you pull in!

Thanks Kpro! Awesome points!!

cakM3
05-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Charlie - Won't be a problem. We will certainly work with you on Friday to make sure that you have easy access out, if not right at the drive/road entrance, perhaps first car out on the bottom of the circle, (which would give you clear access to the road). My thoughts with our planning is trying to make sure that just about everyone will have easy access out to the road, with minimal obstructions (cars) in the way. Currently not sure we have many campers, so we will probably adjust our parking accordingly on Friday, but we will make sure you have clear access - just remind me when you pull in!

Thanks Kpro! Awesome points!!

Thanks Brett :thumbsup

@Kpro, agree with Brett...excellent points!

danewilson77
05-14-2012, 02:17 PM
2nd entry/egress built to yard.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/IMAG1418.jpg

zhpnsnv
05-14-2012, 03:08 PM
This thread is stressing me out!! Just kidding.

I'm staying with Kyle so between us and my friend Joel we will find a car and a ride back to the hotel I'm sure.

brettbimmer
05-14-2012, 05:55 PM
This thread is stressing me out!! Just kidding.

I'm staying with Kyle so between us and my friend Joel we will find a car and a ride back to the hotel I'm sure.

No worries Marc. We'll make sure you all can depart for some rest without too much shuffling.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

az3579
05-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Everyone,
Once again I'm going to throw this out there: Wobbie is a hotel/whateverelseyoucanthinkof shuttle. The only thing it's missing is a Taxi sign on the roof!
If anyone needs to go anywhere and can't drive, I'm your guy.

danewilson77
05-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the offer BP.

jayjay_dee
05-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Botond, you might be my hero Friday night, that is, if my wife can say no to the booze too, lol...

Just want to commend everyone who is working hard to make this SIG-fest a success, you know who you are!!!

brettbimmer
05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Bump for 22/23 hours until the commencement of SIGfest 2012! Safe travels all. Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. :hawaiian