PDA

View Full Version : ZHPMafia SIGFest 2012 Official Coding Requests Thread

az3579
05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Okay, so I know I asked folks to send me a PM with their coding requests. Well, let's just say it like this: they accidentally disappeared.

So, to prevent the crazy PM searching, please just post in this thread what you want coded so I have an easy reference for when the time comes.

Thank you!

Here is a list of popular things people like done. This is a personal reference, so ignore whatever you don't understand. There are many more things to do, but at that point you'd have to get very specific as the list is insanely large...

Daytime Running Lights USA (LSZ)
GED_FL_ALS
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Sidemarker delete (LSZ)
SIDEMARKER_US
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Disable check for clutch when starting (EWS)
PARK/NEUTRAL_EINGANG
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Ignition acoustic (KMB)
ZUENDSCHLUESSEL_WARNUNG
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Seat belt acoustic (KMB)
AKUSTIK_GURT_WARN
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Fog lights on with high beams (LSZ)
FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Comfort open windows (without rear window) (GM5)
KOMFORTOEFFNEN_FB_O_FH_HI

Comfort close windows (without rear window) (GM5)
KOMFORTSCHLIE_FB_O_FH_HI

Comfort open windows (all windows, without sunroof) (GM5)
KOMFORTOEFFNEN_FB_O_SHD

Comfort close windows (all windows, without sunroof) (GM5)
KOMFORTSCHLIE_FB_OHNE_SHD

Comfort open windows (all windows, with sunroof and vert top if vert) (GM5)
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB

Comfort close windows (all windows, with sunroof and vert top if vert) (GM5)
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB

Rear Windows close one touch rear (coupe) (GM5)
FH_TUEREN_HINTEN_TIPP_ZU
nicht_actik -> aktiv

Doors auto-lock (GM5)
VERRIEGELN_XKM/H
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

Hazard Light Behavior (LSZ)
BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK
01,02 = normal
03 = very fast
04 = fast, double blink (Euro)

Triple blink turn signals (late 2005+)
ALSZ CYCL_TI_BLK (LSZ)
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

Halogen high beams on with Xenon highs (LSZ)
PWM_WERT2_FL_BIXENON
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
wert_02 -> wert_01

Auto-lock doors after x km/h (GM5)
VERRIEGELN_AUT_AB_X_KM/H
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

Auto-lock doors speed selection (GM5)
VERRIEGELUNGSSCHWELLE
klemme_r
4_km/h
8_km/h
12_km/h
16_km/h
20_km/h
24_km/h
28_km/h

Change service interval (KMB)
KM_SERVICE_INTERVALL
30.000_km
25.000_km
22.000_km
15.000_km
11.000_km
6.000_km

danewilson77
05-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Foglights on with high beam, please. Only if you have time. Get the other members first.

M3TA5IN
05-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Does anyone have the know how and equipment for e90?

az3579
05-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Does anyone have the know how and equipment for e90?

I have changed one thing for another member here on an E90. I haven't been able to play too much with an E90 since I don't have one...

Johnmadd
05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Is it possible to have the fogs with high beams and the halogen beams with xenon at the same time? If not fogs with highs. :-)

Newjack
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Hazard Light Behavior (LSZ)
BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK
04 = fast, double blink (Euro)

Only if you have time BP.

static667
05-15-2012, 05:35 PM
One press unlock (didn't see the code)

Comfort close windows (all windows, without sunroof) (GM5)
KOMFORTSCHLIE_FB_OHNE_SHD

Doors auto-lock (GM5)
VERRIEGELN_XKM/H
aktiv -> nicht-aktiv

Daytime Running Lights USA (LSZ)
GED_FL_ALS
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Disable check for clutch when starting (EWS)
PARK/NEUTRAL_EINGANG
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Ignition acoustic (KMB)
ZUENDSCHLUESSEL_WARNUNG
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Seat belt acoustic (KMB)
AKUSTIK_GURT_WARN
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Fog lights on with high beams (LSZ)
FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

Rear Windows close one touch rear (coupe) (GM5)
FH_TUEREN_HINTEN_TIPP_ZU
nicht_actik -> aktiv

az3579
05-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Is it possible to have the fogs with high beams and the halogen beams with xenon at the same time? If not fogs with highs. :-)

Yes John, both are possible.

GMATT
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
i would like the auto close for coupe and the rear window auto close for coupe....only if you have the time:)

Gary

M3TA5IN
05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I have changed one thing for another member here on an E90. I haven't been able to play too much with an E90 since I don't have one...

You have the software and everything though? (dont know if its different from e46?)

If so and we have time after everyone else is done, I would love to play. I can get all the information.

I figure worst case scenario my car blows up and Dane has a new yard ornament

iZHP
05-15-2012, 06:33 PM
That member is me. He enabled DRL for our e90 330i.

Dane, fogs on with high beams is a must have.

HokieZHP
05-15-2012, 06:40 PM
I'd like:
-fogs on with high beams
-one touch unlock
-clutchless start when in neutral
-disable ignition acoustic

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brettbimmer
05-15-2012, 07:50 PM
BP, IF you have extra time, I would love to add/change:

-Disable clutch check (so that I may finally be able to use my clutch stop in the E46) :applause2
-Halogen high beams on with xenon high beams
-Fog lights on with high beams (Can you tell that I live in the middle of nowhere, and I want to see Bambie before I take her out?!)
-Comfort close all windows and roof

Again, this is if you have time as I have not PM'ed you and others are probably ahead of me. Safe travels to VA. :)

cakM3
05-15-2012, 09:34 PM
I can tell you that having xenon highs along with halogen highs and fogs is the bomb! Almost feel like I now have aircraft lighting. I can see for miles in this setup... You guys/gals want to have this :thumbsup

HokieZHP
05-15-2012, 09:36 PM
I can tell you that having xenon highs along with halogen highs and fogs is the bomb! Almost feel like I now have aircraft lighting. I can see for miles in this setup... You guys/gals want to have this :thumbsup

I wish but my inners are yellow...me don't think cops or other drivers will like that too much haha

johnrando
05-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Man, I'm glad I'm going to be there thanks to Charlie, but I really wish my car was going to be there too!

az3579
05-16-2012, 02:46 AM
This is first come first serve, folks. This is upon arrival, of course. First to grab me gets service first. :)

Do note, I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong. This is at your own risk. Along the same note, I have done maybe a dozen or so cars successfully, so do with that info what you want.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

cakM3
05-16-2012, 04:09 AM
I feel very lucky because both of my bimmers got BP's special treatment :thumbsup

TQ2K
05-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Clutchless start & DRL if possible on E39 ///M5. :cheers

BCS_ZHP
05-16-2012, 07:09 PM
BP,
I'm bring both chariots for Sat only, son & his buddy driving one of them. Would like to get high beams with fogs & xenons on conv, also eliminate the double interior door pull. She has DRLs, and the wife actually likes them, I've got 48 more hours to work on the wife to change that. On my/my son's coupe, would like to get the same high beams with fogs & xenons, delete ignition key chime, & add one touch rear window close. I think that's it, seems like a lot.

Getting the conv updated to latest s/w tomorrow at dealer, they're chasing the P2237 fault, so that one should be all up-to-date. I believe PO on the coupe already did a dealer s/w update because it's the best running, non-sharked ZHP I've ever driven. (Keith's ZHP is still the quickest ZHP I've ever experienced, I knew immediately it was sharked.)

See you early Saturday.
Bruce

zj96sc
05-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Do note, I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong. This is at your own risk. Along the same note, I have done maybe a dozen or so cars successfully, so do with that info what you want.

You probably want to be pretty explicit about this. I know it is going to be a friendly environment but friendships fall apart quick when money is involved - this is an inherently dangerous and non-dealer-supported activity that can brick very expensive things.

Also with this many cars and people in one place all doing coding, keep a laser eye on battery voltage - it would be better if someone had a battery tender to use during the process. The one guaranteed way to send things south when screwing with NCSe is to have a battery dip voltage in the middle of the process.

Just a fair warning to those asking for his help.

Few notes on your code...

PWM_WERT2_FL_BIXENON I believe will not have aktiv/nicht_aktiv under it, only wert.

If anyone is getting DRLs turned ON, you control the dimming with this field:

DRL_DIMMUNG
wert_01/02/03

eliminate the double interior door pull.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're describing, this cannot be uncoded - if a door is locked, it will take two pulls of the handle to open it. This is mechanical and not software.

az3579
05-17-2012, 01:20 PM
You probably want to be pretty explicit about this. I know it is going to be a friendly environment but friendships fall apart quick when money is involved - this is an inherently dangerous and non-dealer-supported activity that can brick very expensive things.

Hence the disclaimer.

Also with this many cars and people in one place all doing coding, keep a laser eye on battery voltage - it would be better if someone had a battery tender to use during the process. The one guaranteed way to send things south when screwing with NCSe is to have a battery dip voltage in the middle of the process.

I will be leaving the car running while coding is done. I have done this in the past and it has worked out fine. If there is a battery tender around, that would be an alternative.

And all should heed this warning. I will be repeating this warning before I touch a car to each person requesting coding.

Few notes on your code...

PWM_WERT2_FL_BIXENON I believe will not have aktiv/nicht_aktiv under it, only wert.

There's a couple of things in that list I need to take out. This list was devised before I could test all of them, and this is one that I need to get rid of.

If anyone is getting DRLs turned ON, you control the dimming with this field:

DRL_DIMMUNG
wert_01/02/03

Doesn't seem to work. I tried; the brightness always stayed the same.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're describing, this cannot be uncoded - if a door is locked, it will take two pulls of the handle to open it. This is mechanical and not software.

This absolutely can be changed with coding. If you remove the auto door lock function, then it will return to single pull to open a door. Of course, without auto-lock, the doors stay open when driving, which is why this is the case. If you manually lock the doors after driving off, then yes, it will require two pulls to open, though most people don't do that from what I've seen.

Easy version:
If doors are locked, you need to pull twice to open door. If auto-lock is disabled, then the doors will NOT lock after driving off, so if they're still unlocked when you arrive, you'll only need one pull to open.

zj96sc
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Doesn't seem to work. I tried; the brightness always stayed the same.

Admittedly I haven't tried to adjust the dimming of my DRLs since they came out where I wanted them after coding them on, but I've definitely seen full bright DRLs and dimmed DRLs - something somewhere must control it. Guess I'd have to research further.

Easy version:
If doors are locked, you need to pull twice to open door.

This is the only point I was making - the double pull is a purely mechanical function of the door lock - has nothing to do with software. How/if the door gets locked - that's software or operator, as long as BCS_ZHP understands that. From what he said he implied that the double pull could be coded out; it cannot. Semantics, I guess.

kayger12
05-17-2012, 03:21 PM

^This. It's awesome that BP is offering his knowledge to help people out. I am tempted to take the chance, but even a small risk of bricking my DME 6 hours from home is too much for me.

If I didn't have somewhere to be Monday morning, I'd most likely roll the dice.

Either way, this is a good post.

BP put the disclaimer up, but people need to be cognizant of the fact that things can go sideways pretty easily, and that if that happens, it's not on BP.

az3579
05-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I did realize over the course of my travels that the modules seem to be pretty smart; if you put in a string that it doesn't like, it will immediately proceed to let you hear about it, and won't code it. I think the only way something could go south is if the voltage drops too low while coding, though if the car is running, I don't see it happening.

Let's say that for one particular string, the options are wert_01/wert_02/wert_03. If you put wert_04, it probably won't take. I did it once and it said it was invalid, or something to that effect. I can't say that my knowledge is extensive enough to go into coding stuff that could potentially brick it; what I can do is pretty limited, and what I have tried seems to have worked fine to this point.

kayger12
05-17-2012, 05:53 PM
^ I like the idea of coding with the engine running. Short of your alternator shitting the bed, voltage shouldn't be an issue.

Stu
05-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Things I'd like:

1. Windows close, not go down, when I hold "open" down on my key

2. No auto-A/C when I hit the "auto" button

3. Newest DME software for ZHP

4. Doors lock when I drive off

5. Clown nose enabled/flash when lock

6. More sensitive auto-lights

7. Fogs on when brights on

8. One-touch rear windows close

9. One-touch raise sunroof

10. Selective central locking disabled

static667
05-18-2012, 02:28 AM
I'll just bribe you with bread to make sure mine gets done. :shifty

Johnmadd
05-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks Botond, I can see soooooooo much better at night with fogs/high beam xenon/halogens trifecta. Thank you, great job.

BCS_ZHP
05-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Botond,
Likewise, thanks for the updates today, we rode back in daylight but I'm sure the trifecta lights will get their workout soon enough.
Bruce

iZHP
05-19-2012, 08:20 PM
It's the #1 software mod to do!

-via iPhone

Johnmadd
05-19-2012, 08:27 PM
It's the #1 software mod to do!

-via iPhone

And it shall be called the Trifecta light mod. :)

iZHP
05-20-2012, 07:26 AM
And it shall be called the Trifecta light mod. :)

Done. BP, this is the new name. Effective immediately.

-via iPhone

M3TA5IN
05-20-2012, 02:58 PM
BP, thanks for sitting down with me and figuring out some e90 stuff. Let me know when you want to come to the casa and we will nerd it up...

I got a e36 if you want to figure that beast out too ;)

brettbimmer
05-20-2012, 06:54 PM
BP, a HUGE THANK YOU! is in order to you for the coding work and Trifecta light mod! :respect :theman

I was driving home from SIGfest this evening, and about a half hour from home, light drizzle ensued. Shortly thereafter, I found myself on the backroads and popped on the "Daytime" (aka high-beam) lever. It went from night into daytime! Thank you buddy for the efforts. Absolutely awesome! I guess I can put off installing the driving light bar onto the roof for a little while longer. :p

az3579
05-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Guys, just let it be known:

It was MY PLEASURE!

I'm glad I could actually do something. I can't say I'm skilled in anything, so I was glad to just be able to do something. lol

I like the new naming; Trifecta Light Mod. :biggrin
Imagine how awesomet his mod is with the retrofitted M3 projectors Charlie helped me put in! Un-feckin'-believable!

And by the way; sorry for the waste of time of making everyone post in this thread. I realized I didn't have wifi on the laptop most of the time I was coding so there wasn't a point in referencing an online list. I ended up asking each one of you anyway!

danewilson77
05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the coding BP.

brettbimmer
05-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Guys, just let it be known:

It was MY PLEASURE!

I'm glad I could actually do something. I can't say I'm skilled in anything, so I was glad to just be able to do something. lol

I like the new naming; Trifecta Light Mod. :biggrin
Imagine how awesomet his mod is with the retrofitted M3 projectors Charlie helped me put in! Un-feckin'-believable!

And by the way; sorry for the waste of time of making everyone post in this thread. I realized I didn't have wifi on the laptop most of the time I was coding so there wasn't a point in referencing an online list. I ended up asking each one of you anyway!

Botond, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you have some excellent talents my friend. Wobbie looks pretty darn perfect in many of my photos and video footage. No apologies on the thread either - how else were we to know of the coding options for the ZHPs? Keep up the great work. ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Johnmadd
05-22-2012, 06:48 PM
I would luv to learn how to do this.

M3TA5IN
05-22-2012, 07:00 PM
I would luv to learn how to do this.

John. I can come down and teach you some time. I program our drone planes at work. I haven't bought a cable and I need to get a PC (have all apples) so I never did it. Watching BP was all I needed though and it's actually pretty simple. A day and I could have you programming like a champ.

Actually, I just realized I'm a dumbass. I could just use my work laptop to run the software.

Johnmadd
05-22-2012, 07:06 PM
John. I can come down and teach you some time. I program our drone planes at work. I haven't bought a cable and I need to get a PC (have all apples) so I never did it. Watching BP was all I needed though and it's actually pretty simple. A day and I could have you programming like a champ.

Actually, I just realized I'm a dumbass. I could just use my work laptop to run the software.

Cody, thanks for the offer, maybe sometime around bimmerfest east we could get together and you could teach me and stuff, I'll buy you beers.

M3TA5IN
05-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Cody, thanks for the offer, maybe sometime around bimmerfest east we could get together and you could teach me and stuff, I'll buy you beers.

Sounds good man, do we have a date on bimmerfest east yet?

I like beer :)

Johnmadd
05-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Bimmerfest is august 25th, here is the link
http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-events/Bimmerfest-East-2012/

If you wanna get together before that im in for a roadtrip, I'll buy the cord for us.

M3TA5IN
05-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Bimmerfest is august 25th, here is the link
http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-events/Bimmerfest-East-2012/

If you wanna get together before that im in for a roadtrip, I'll buy the cord for us.

Dude you are always welcome at my place...

I need to talk to Marcus but I would really like to start having a mini zhp meet at my place for the east coast members. We really should all get together more than once a year. The people here are just to good to see so little.

My house isn't as big as Danes but I have the yard and floor space for people to crash :)

Let me know of you want the cable, there is a guy on e90post that gives a pretty good deal. I'll get all the software and start reading up on e46 coding. Only makes sense, since 98% of my BMW friends drive e46s (the mafia).

It will be easy though, simply changing values and applying them. Let me know a list of everything you want to do to your car and I will find the variables that need changed.

BP wants to come down and play with the e90 some more too... Maybe we should all just plan another weekend at my place and it will be "coding fest". BP and myself are super nerds and find that extremely interesting. Lol

Johnmadd
05-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Dude you are always welcome at my place...

I need to talk to Marcus but I would really like to start having a mini zhp meet at my place for the east coast members. We really should all get together more than once a year. The people here are just to good to see so little.

My house isn't as big as Danes but I have the yard and floor space for people to crash :)

Lettered me know of you want the cable, there is a guy on e90post that gives a pretty good deal. I'll get all the software and start reading up on e46 coding. Only makes sense, since 98% of my BMW friends drive e46s (the mafia).

It will be easy though, simply changing values and applying them. Let me know a list of everything you want to do to your car and I will find the variables that need changed.

BP wants to come down and play with the e90 some more too... Maybe we should all just plan another weekend at my place and it will be "coding fest". BP and myself are super nerds and find that extremely interesting. Lol

I wanna know super nerd stuff so I can help others, like a bmw coding robin hood. Im definitely in for a meet at your crib bro.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-22-2012, 08:06 PM

Do it, Cody. No need to talk with me about it. Run with it.

danewilson77
05-23-2012, 04:13 AM
I'm down to attend.

M3TA5IN
05-23-2012, 05:23 AM
Roger, I gotta go to Arizona for a month starting Tuesday. While I'm out there I'll start seeing what I need to get together. We had a lot of stuff we wanted to do for the back yard to just make it more comfortable to entertain large groups, but with my work schedule might just have to roll with what we got. I'll get a thread together to start guaging interest.

Hornung418
05-23-2012, 05:31 AM
Hit up Jeremiah while you're in AZ. (BullfrogsM3)

Sent from my P.O.S. DroidX

M3TA5IN
05-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Hit up Jeremiah while you're in AZ. (BullfrogsM3)

Sent from my P.O.S. DroidX

Chances are all my free time is going to be spent in SoCal.