PDA

View Full Version : JG330i's Project Berenger

JG330i
05-29-2012, 03:58 AM

Hey All,

Keeping track of mods wanted, done, and soon to be completed here. Recently added a nice drop with ST V1 Coilovers, new Predator Orion V2 Angel Eyes w/Remote Fade-On/Off Feature, CF Splitters, Projector Fogs, Smoked Corners, UUC Stage II Clutch Kit, UUC Lightweight Flywheel, and the UUC EVO3 SSK.

So here's the list:

Current Modifications

Interior/Audio/ICE:
AC Schnitzer Pedals
BMW Carbon Fiber B&W Steering Wheel Emblem
Double-Din Install/Retrofit
Pioneer AVIC Z130BT
Spec Dock Ashtray Mount for iPhone/iPod

Exterior:
30% Window Tint
BMW Carbon Fiber B&W Hood Emblem
BMW Carbon Fiber B&W Trunk Emblem
BMW Carbon Fiber B&W Wheel Caps
Carbon Fiber Splitters

Lighting:
Khoalty Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights
Khoalty LED Interior Lighting
Khoalty Projector Fogs
Khoalty Smoked Corners
LED Switchback Turn Signal Bulbs
LED Taillight Bulbs
Predator Orion V2 Angel Eyes w/Remote Fade-On/Off

Performance:
K&N Generation II FIPK CAI
UUC Lightweight Flywheel
UUC Short Shift Kit
UUC Stage II Clutch

Suspension:
ST V1 Coilovers

Future Modifications

Interior/Audio/ICE:
Dynamat Insulated Interior
Harmon Kardon Sound System (Upgraded)
Redline Goods Black Alcantara Armrest with ///M Stiching
Redline Goods Black Alcantara Headrests with Custom Logo
Redline Goods Black Alcantara Shift Boot with ///M Stiching
Redline Goods Black Alcantara E-Brake Boot with ///M Stiching
Sparks Garage Custom Alarm System
Sparks Garage Radar Detection System
Sparks Garage Remote Start System

Exterior:
BMW ACS Chrome Oil Cap
Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Carbon Fiber M3 GTR Hood
Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler
Carbon Fiber Roof Wrap
DDM Tuning License Plate Relocation Kit

Lighting:
Morimoto FX-R Projectors (Low Beam)
Morimoto FX-R Projectors (High Beam)
Slim Ballast HID 35w 4300k
Quad Bi-Xenon Retrotif

Performance:
AFE Cold Air Intake
ECS Urethane Motor Mounts
Nameless Performance Exhaust
Nameless Performance Turbo

Stance:
225/40/18 Square Tire Setup
Rotiform LHR 3pc Concave 18x9F
Rotiform LHR 3pc Concave 18x10R
The FitGarage Fender Rolling

Suspension:
Ultra Racing Front Sway Bar
Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar
Ultra Racing Front Member Brace
Ultra Racing Rear Member Brace
Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar
Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar

~Jon

kayger12
05-29-2012, 04:41 AM
Hell of a list. Love the plan.

Do you have a line on a provider for the CF engine covers? The set that I got is less than acceptable and I need to find another solution.

danewilson77
05-29-2012, 05:55 AM

+1

Why so narrow on the tires...215/35/19 Square Tire Setup?

JG330i
05-29-2012, 04:18 PM

Do you have a line on a provider for the CF engine covers? The set that I got is less than acceptable and I need to find another solution.

Thanks! I like listing it all out and being able to check things off as I go.

I actually do not at all, who did you go through? I might just have them wrapped in CF. There's a local guy here that I've known for awhile and his work is pretty clean, just kinda up there in price....competition is rising though so hopefully that'll make everyone more competitive.

+1

Thanks Dane!

Why so narrow on the tires...215/35/19 Square Tire Setup?

Fixed, haha. I realized I had these listed with the 18's I plan on getting. 225/40/18 is what I'm looking towards. Might change, but ultimately depends on clearance, how much more lower I chose to go, and the fitment of the LHR's when I have the change for em.

kayger12
05-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks! I like listing it all out and being able to check things off as I go.

I actually do not at all, who did you go through? I might just have them wrapped in CF. There's a local guy here that I've known for awhile and his work is pretty clean, just kinda up there in price....competition is rising though so hopefully that'll make everyone more competitive.

The whole sad story is here http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5318-Carbon-Effects-(CFX)-Review

I'm definitely interested in another set. In for info.

danewilson77
05-29-2012, 04:33 PM
235's fill it up pretty well.....

JG330i
05-29-2012, 05:44 PM
The whole sad story is here http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5318-Carbon-Effects-(CFX)-Review

I'm definitely interested in another set. In for info.

Wow.....dude, that is upsetting....I think modbargains might sell one possibly but I'm not sure. I'll keep researching it and when I decide to move forwarad and buy one I'll PM you and see if we can get something sorted.

235's fill it up pretty well.....

True, but I'm looking to slam it. I come from a plethora of stanced cars and plan on doing the same with the ZHP. I know its not huge with a lot of Bimmer folks, but to each his own. Not really looking to fill gap with tire, fill gap with moarrrr lows....

Hornung418
05-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Future Modifications

Interior/Audio/ICE:
Dynamat Insulated Interior
Harmon Kardon Sound System (Upgraded)
Redline Goods Black Alcantara Armrest with ///M Stiching
Redline Goods Black Alcantara Headrests with Custom Logo
Redline Goods Black Alcantara Shift Boot with ///M Stiching
Redline Goods Black Alcantara E-Brake Boot with ///M Stiching
You may want to look into CobyWheel products for all your Alcantara needs. They are a forum sponsor and the quality is top notch!

Sparks Garage Custom Alarm System
Your car is wired for alarm already, if it's inactive you should see about having it coded into the vehicle. Anyone with a laptop and the right programs downloaded can have it done for free, no need to pay a visit to the dealer. PM AZ3579 or M3TAS1N regarding the issue.

Sparks Garage Radar Detection System
Sparks Garage Remote Start System
I don't recommend the remote start feature. As per BMW, get in and go. Letting the car idle when cold is not good for your engine.

Exterior:
BMW ACS Chrome Oil Cap
Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Carbon Fiber M3 GTR Hood
I know the vents look cool and all, but being in the PNW, all of that rain having a direct route into the engine bay is not good. I am totally on board for a CF hood with the power dome, tho. They look totally bad ass!! Please make sure that you get the correct hood shocks or you'll bend or crack the CF near the base.

Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler
Carbon Fiber Roof Wrap
DDM Tuning License Plate Relocation Kit
DDM is a shit company. Don't ever buy from them. For a relocation kit, I would recommend the GoMiniGo.com license plate bracket that mounts to your tow hook location.

Lighting:
Morimoto FX-R Projectors (Low Beam)
If you have the ZKW burnt bowl issue, you can easily fix it using OEM parts. Charlie, our resident Lighting/Wiring guru, has implemented a fix which you can find by searching in the Lighting subforum. If you swap the AL bi-xenon lights, you can retain your ZKW lenses and have ultimate lighting. Seriously. While the FX-R have a nice cut off, the e46 AL lights w/ the ZKW lenses are the best bi-xenon projector to be released in the 2000s.

Morimoto FX-R Projectors (High Beam)
Just...no.

Slim Ballast HID 35w 4300k
Not sure what brand, but again, source an OEM part or keep your current Ballasts. They don't have the issues the aftermarket ballasts do.

Quad Bi-Xenon Retrofit
This is highly unrecommended. Xenon bulbs require a warm up period of about 10 seconds. So having them in your high beam bowls will ruin the life of the bulb and potentially harm other motorists. (You can code your LCM for what we have dubbed "The Trifecta," which allows your inner bowls to come on with the Bi-Xenon bulbs and your fogs will remain on. It's very bright and it's not harmful to your bulbs.

Performance:
AFE Cold Air Intake
ECS Urethane Motor Mounts
Look into AKG. They've been in the game for almost 30 years. If you want OEM, you can get e9x M3 mounts and they are the strongest OEM product yet for the job.

Nameless Performance Exhaust
eBay headers, Burns Stainless Y merge, 3 inch custom. Best performance gains I've seen. If you want Sound...look into Magnaflow and aFe's new performance exhaust.

Nameless Performance Turbo
If you want to talk Turbo, speak to Nivo! He's the most knowledgeable on THIS forum.

Stance:
225/40/18 Square Tire Setup
Rotiform LHR 3pc Concave 18x9F
Rotiform LHR 3pc Concave 18x10R
The FitGarage Fender Rolling

Suspension:
Ultra Racing Front Sway Bar
Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar
Ultra Racing Front Member Brace
Ultra Racing Rear Member Brace
Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar
Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar
Never heard of this company, but their website looks to be all drifting oriented. I don't recommend increasing the rear sway bar or adding a rear strut bar; These only increase understeer tendencies.
And I'm not really sure what the difference between the Member Brace and the Strut Bar is, either.

Jon, this looks like it will be a very fun build! What is your end goal with this car? Track, DD, Auto-X, Drifting, Stance, ect. Hope my advice was useful and can save you some money!!

danewilson77
05-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Wow.....dude, that is upsetting....I think modbargains might sell one possibly but I'm not sure. I'll keep researching it and when I decide to move forwarad and buy one I'll PM you and see if we can get something sorted.

True, but I'm looking to slam it. I come from a plethora of stanced cars and plan on doing the same with the ZHP. I know its not huge with a lot of Bimmer folks, but to each his own. Not really looking to fill gap with tire, fill gap with moarrrr lows....

Ok. Yeah...who needs slammed cars anyways :o)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

derbo
05-29-2012, 09:26 PM
looks like a hefty list you got there!

Get some pics in here! :) I love the process of a build come along in pictures

JG330i
05-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Ok. Yeah...who needs slammed cars anyways :o)

Its one of those things where you either really dig it or you dont....I've been slamming cars since before it became major and Stance Nation came around.

looks like a hefty list you got there!

Get some pics in here! :) I love the process of a build come along in pictures

If you check out the welcome thread, there are pics in there....but I'll post em up in a bit here as well.

You may want to look into CobyWheel products for all your Alcantara needs. They are a forum sponsor and the quality is top notch!

I have an agreement with Redline as a sponsor, but thanks for the recommendation!

Your car is wired for alarm already, if it's inactive you should see about having it coded into the vehicle. Anyone with a laptop and the right programs downloaded can have it done for free, no need to pay a visit to the dealer. PM AZ3579 or M3TAS1N regarding the issue.[/I]

I don't recommend the remote start feature. As per BMW, get in and go. Letting the car idle when cold is not good for your engine.

True, it is armed and functional, but lacks features that I want. I plan on having Drone Mobile Installed. Unique setup and a ton of features. I'm aware of the idling concern but I dont ever let a car just sit for more than a few minutes when utilizing remote start. Just for when I'm inputting GPS info to my H/U before heading somewhere.

I know the vents look cool and all, but being in the PNW, all of that rain having a direct route into the engine bay is not good. I am totally on board for a CF hood with the power dome, tho. They look totally bad ass!! Please make sure that you get the correct hood shocks or you'll bend or crack the CF near the base.

History with 4 CF style hoods, I got this one down for sure.

DDM is a shit company. Don't ever buy from them. For a relocation kit, I would recommend the GoMiniGo.com license plate bracket that mounts to your tow hook location.

Good to know, I have had no issues with them in the past, but thanks for the recommendation!

So having them in your high beam bowls will ruin the life of the bulb and potentially harm other motorists. (You can code your LCM for what we have dubbed "The Trifecta," which allows your inner bowls to come on with the Bi-Xenon bulbs and your fogs will remain on. It's very bright and it's not harmful to your bulbs.

Ever heard of a retrofit? In a quad bi-xenon setup the bowls are eliminated, there is no reason to keep them since the projectors are fitted in their place. Used to do retrofit's when I lived in SoCal, they're cake.

eBay headers, Burns Stainless Y merge, 3 inch custom. Best performance gains I've seen. If you want Sound...look into Magnaflow and aFe's new performance exhaust.

Thanks, but eBay is just crap. Nameless is a great company, google them and see just how amazing their work is. 100% fabbed in the U.S., local, knowledgeable. Name brands are not my thing, unless absolutely unavoidable.

[I]If you want to talk Turbo, speak to Nivo! He's the most knowledgeable on THIS forum.

I've actually emailed back and fourth with him a few times. Awesome stuff with what he has done but I am seeking out a complete custom kit, and Nameless did the turbo on my buddy's WRX STI with amazing gains and numbers.

Jon, this looks like it will be a very fun build! What is your end goal with this car? Track, DD, Auto-X, Drifting, Stance, ect. Hope my advice was useful and can save you some money!!

My primary philosophy is that a build should never just have one purpose but should serve many. This is currently my DD and I plan on keeping it as such along with a potential Auto-X candidate and show car. Each build I have had has served multiple purposes. I could not build a car and just trailer it everywhere and never drive it, thats just abuse and wrong.

JG330i
05-29-2012, 11:31 PM
pics added to first post!

Hornung418
05-30-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm aware of the idling concern but I dont ever let a car just sit for more than a few minutes when utilizing remote start. Just for when I'm inputting GPS info to my H/U before heading somewhere.

So how do you plan to start the car when it's parked in gear? Dunno, seems pointless to have remote start.

Ever heard of a retrofit? In a quad bi-xenon setup the bowls are eliminated, there is no reason to keep them since the projectors are fitted in their place. Used to do retrofit's when I lived in SoCal, they're cake.

Yeah, I'm well aware of the retrofit concept (I'm a lurker over on HIDPlanet), I considered it before I found my custom OEM setup. But you're missing my point regarding the ability to use flash-to-pass. Unless you are going to be running the all four at the same time, which in that case is totally overkill. OEM is king for e46 lighting (except for ZKW with their stupid plastic bowls). I don't mean to sound elitist or anything, but poor lighting choices, like HIDs in the reflector housing, 10,000k lights, and crappy projectors are something I see everyday with the car crowd in my hometown. It's my biggest pet peeve, and it really just makes me rage. I doubt I'll ever pass your car on the road, so that's not a worry, just trying to help you make the best decision. You should really consider the AL fix for your ZKWs.

Thanks, but eBay is just crap. Nameless is a great company, Google them and see just how amazing their work is. 100% fabbed in the U.S., local, knowledgeable. Name brands are not my thing, unless absolutely unavoidable.

LOL, my bad, I thought you meant like you haven't decided which exhaust you were going to get. like a To Be Determined type thing. Carry on.

My primary philosophy is that a build should never just have one purpose but should serve many. This is currently my DD and I plan on keeping it as such along with a potential Auto-X candidate and show car. Each build I have had has served multiple purposes. I could not build a car and just trailer it everywhere and never drive it, that's just abuse and wrong.

I'm very anxious to see how your interior plays out. Check out our Auto-X thread!!

JG330i
05-30-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm very anxious to see how your interior plays out. Check out our Auto-X thread!!

Thanks!

JG330i
06-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Hey Mafia Family,

Do me a fav and click the link below and "Like" the photo on FB. There's a car show this weekend, first one for the ZHP, and we get bonus points towards judging for likes on the pic. 10 likes=1 pt!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=431221086908705&set=a.430764283621052.104444.108511395846344&type=1&ref=nf

TIA!!!

johnrando
06-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Done. Not err-body reads projects threads so you may want to post somewhere else too.

JG330i
06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Done. Not err-body reads projects threads so you may want to post somewhere else too.

Gracias!

Will do!

JG330i
06-22-2012, 01:25 AM
With the carshow this weekend, I decided to redo my wheels. Previously, did plastidip then painted over.

I powerwashed with high pressure and heat to remove the pd off the wheels and peeled the excess off.

The process:
5-6 light coats Plasti-Dip
30 minutes between coats
5-6 light coats of Burgundy (Or Preferred Color)
30 minutes between coats
3 clearcoats (did not use last time but am this time)
30 minutes between coats

Currently waiting on doing the 2nd coat on the inside of the wheels. After the 2nd, I'm gonna hit the hay and let these sit overnight then apply the Burgundy tomorrow. Looking forward to better results this time since I actually removed the wheels off the car instead of masking everything off with newspaper and plastic bags over the rotors and calipers.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/269392_10151846138950088_1393319130_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206143_10151846139010088_261268830_n.jpg

Also doing my buddies faded CF hood as a stickerbomb

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556242_10151846139110088_201490037_n.jpg

JG330i
06-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Onto the faces again and starting coats of Burgundy.

They are not going to be THIS bright when finished...my camera is just being STOOOOPID.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196170_10151847765245088_929470680_n.jpg

I'll post when they are mounted later this evening.

nike001
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
So.. you used plasti-dip and then you sprayed over them with a color of your choice.. to sort of make it a plasti-dip of your own color choosing?

And then you can just peel it off whenever? Hmm.

JG330i
06-22-2012, 02:47 PM
So.. you used plasti-dip and then you sprayed over them with a color of your choice.. to sort of make it a plasti-dip of your own color choosing?

And then you can just peel it off whenever? Hmm.

EXACTAMUNDO!!!!

Works great. 2nd time doing it I'm just taking a bit more time to make sure it comes out perfectly. To remove, just use a DIY Car wash place and make sure they have hot water and use the high pressure setting. Best if you have a 2nd pair of hands as when you spray the other can start peeling away. Easy to do, cheap, and results are great!

JupiterBMW
06-22-2012, 03:55 PM
You have a link for this Plastidip stuff? I've never heard of it, but since I've been on here, this is the 2nd time I've heard of people talking about it. Also, did you deflate the tires or just wedge the playing cards in there? That's a great idea for masking though, another first for me. Anyway, I really like the color with the black car too, a different look that really works... I wonder what color would go with the Alpine White.... :shifty

BimmerWill
06-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Love the plastidip wheel idea! I never would have thought of that good on ya mate! I might have to try that ;)
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JG330i
06-24-2012, 05:27 PM
You have a link for this Plastidip stuff? I've never heard of it, but since I've been on here, this is the 2nd time I've heard of people talking about it. Also, did you deflate the tires or just wedge the playing cards in there? That's a great idea for masking though, another first for me. Anyway, I really like the color with the black car too, a different look that really works... I wonder what color would go with the Alpine White.... :shifty

It truly works miracles!!!! No, I just wedged in the playing cards and that worked just fine. Deflating the tires/removing them was toooo much work and this was a faster and proven method that I have used before for many other painting projects, especially considering you can pick them up for $1 a piece.

THATS THE BEST PART ABOUT THIS STUFF!!!!! If you do not know what would look good its CHEAP to try out multiple colors, completely reversible, and it looks sharp!!!!

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100131010/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=plasti+dip&storeId=10051

Love the plastidip wheel idea! I never would have thought of that good on ya mate! I might have to try that ;)
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!!! Definitely turned out really well. After I have some time for a good wash this weekend I'll definitely shoot some photos and post up.

nike001
06-24-2012, 05:51 PM
EXACTAMUNDO!!!!

Works great. 2nd time doing it I'm just taking a bit more time to make sure it comes out perfectly. To remove, just use a DIY Car wash place and make sure they have hot water and use the high pressure setting. Best if you have a 2nd pair of hands as when you spray the other can start peeling away. Easy to do, cheap, and results are great!

Wow man, that's an awesome idea. I'm already familiar with plasti-dip as I have it on my winter wheels.. but they need a redoing so I'm going to peel them off and maybe do it a shade or two darker than gunmetal as I don't really like black rims.

JG330i
06-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Wow man, that's an awesome idea. I'm already familiar with plasti-dip as I have it on my winter wheels.. but they need a redoing so I'm going to peel them off and maybe do it a shade or two darker than gunmetal as I don't really like black rims.

Definitely!!!

JG330i
08-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Not sure how many of you have been following my thread about German Audio Specialties, but it is getting pushed back yet another week at the least....

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7791-German-Audio-Specialties-Sub-Enclosure-E46-330

JG330i]
I got backed into yesterday and long story short, my hood was pretty dented in and I am ideally looking at a full replacement. Progressive is claiming it can just be repaired but the shop is having an independent adjuster come out today to take a peak and get the go ahead for a full hood replacement, which they plan on ordering a M3 GTR CF Hood as the replacement :begging

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted with what happens!!!

JG330i
10-14-2012, 01:00 AM
New pic:

My buddy Josh's 323 and my ZHP
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/337198_10152177833805088_1089788462_o.jpg

Photo Cred: Andy Hsiao, Running Rich Photography

JG330i
10-14-2012, 03:59 AM
And another one Andy just busted out:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/175515_10152178063525088_1079224128_o.jpg

danewilson77
10-14-2012, 05:26 AM
Are those 135's red? Cool shots.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

JG330i
10-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Are those 135's red? Cool shots.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Not just red, but burgundy....Ron Burgundy. lol

Plasti dipped and spray painted over.

JG330i
10-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Well, had a flat tonight on my way home from a weekend with the woman.....sh!tty freeways will do that.

Too low he says....

Fit like a charm.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/315574_10152179892460088_794392261_n.jpg

johnrando
10-15-2012, 03:06 PM
nice pics!

nike001
10-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, had a flat tonight on my way home from a weekend with the woman.....sh!tty freeways will do that.

Too low he says....

Fit like a charm.

I can see the pieces of wood in the background. Planks of wood are the ultimate way to cheat the 'too low' remark :rofl

JG330i
10-15-2012, 08:01 PM
nice pics!

Thanks!!!

I can see the pieces of wood in the background. Planks of wood are the ultimate way to cheat the 'too low' remark :rofl

Yeah, I was so pissed when he showed up and AAA did not tell him that my ZHP was lowered....luckily, he had the planks.

JG330i
11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, maintenance season is upon me:

RTABs-Replacing with Powerflex
Alignment
Back to 4x4 Status
EGR Valve-Replacing with OEM
-Air Pump-Replacing with OEM if it is not the EGR Valve
Thermostat-Replacing with OEM
Front Brakes-Replacing

JG330i
07-29-2013, 05:38 AM
Our CCA group rented out a private road this weekend for some fun spirited driving!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q77/s720x720/1005771_10200856708353216_1952632372_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/534873_10153081066690088_1055582715_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969801_10153081055115088_1241612549_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/374477_10151629045178124_128868729_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534880_10151629045283124_2119674119_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1000501_10151629045323124_1390337892_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/21470_10151629045383124_1933279079_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/602736_10151629045423124_1952636899_n.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Maryhill_Loops_Road_from_air,_cloud_shadow.jpg

JG330i
07-29-2013, 05:38 AM
And why yes, I did drive with the sombrero on top lol.

Wearing a mustache, Mexican soccer jersey, playing Mariachi Music, and wearing Toms.

johnrando
07-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Awesome.

Avetiso
07-29-2013, 08:47 AM
And why yes, I did drive with the sombrero on top lol.

Wearing a mustache, Mexican soccer jersey, playing Mariachi Music, and wearing Toms.

Living the life...

Road looks like fun. Super jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

JG330i
07-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Definitely was a blast!

bimmergofast
07-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Wait, private *road*!?

That looks awesome!

JG330i
07-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Yesssssir!

Twas a blast :)

JG330i
07-29-2013, 08:15 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153084870140088&l=3595071362872144069

Video :)

330i ZHP
07-30-2013, 03:29 AM
great looking road - why is there a potato chip hanging out the sunroof?

danewilson77
07-30-2013, 06:42 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153084870140088&l=3595071362872144069

Video :)

Closed road?

JG330i
07-30-2013, 09:40 AM
great looking road - why is there a potato chip hanging out the sunroof?

That would be my sombrero. ;)

Closed road?

Yessssssir. CCA Rents the road out each year, this is the 4th Annual Maryhill Loops Rally.

bcleaver
07-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Wow, looks fun

kakashi169
07-31-2013, 06:18 PM
nice!

JG330i
07-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Wow, looks fun

nice!

Definitely was a good time :)

derbo
08-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Late to the party, but Oh MY! i would love to drive a private road at a higher pace.

JG330i
07-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Pretty much been MIA from here since the dawn of time haha.

Figured I'd update with some pics of the new kicks: Beyerns

18x8.5 Front ET 30
18x9.5 Rear ET 35

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/sy8yqaje.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/a9y6asaj.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/7yhajyme.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/dabesa3a.jpg

P.S. That's a MR ZHP customized license plate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZHPasta
07-14-2014, 05:34 PM
I have the same wheel setup. Very good. I recommend BMW centercaps ;)

JG330i
07-14-2014, 06:11 PM
I have the same wheel setup. Very good. I recommend BMW centercaps ;)

Definitely!!!

Any in particular you recommend? I've had the hardest time finding a good set that actually fits and doesn't break. I hate getting the plastic ones with clips, they fall out immediately.

Avetiso
07-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Nice wheels! Don't be a stranger.

JG330i
07-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Nice wheels! Don't be a stranger.

Haha I'll try not to be! I'm updating the motor thread I had when the block decided it needed a rod thrown threw it.

johnrando
07-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Looks good

JG330i
07-14-2014, 08:29 PM
Looks good

Thanks man! [emoji109]

JG330i
07-27-2014, 07:36 AM
Maryhill Loops is happening and first day was yesterday and managed to snag a pic with these fine ZHP's!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/27/6y9y6e5y.jpg

Got some good footage on my GoPro yesterday and will be taking more today. Had a GTR that came out yesterday and got sideways most of the road.

For reference, this is the road my people:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/27/avade5uq.jpg

Also managed to not get as burned as last year. Being mexican, sometimes I forget how white I am (thanks mom).

johnrando
07-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Lol :like

JG330i
07-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Posted up some videos on YouTube from the GoPro footage this weekend:

https://m.youtube.com/user/TheBimVids

JG330i
01-20-2015, 08:14 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/9f5cd555830c8059f697769833fa451f.jpg

Had a fairly large BMW Gathering over the weekend and this roller was taken on the way up.

Some other pics a friend shot as well:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/f4059fafbdfdab89bbeb4d7a85fdded7.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/7e74e8fd80eb00e840dd71a3083e3c10.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/e8e2d1f5fe26f5045fb89ebadee9a673.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/0fedaa22f00075e0a9391a02cb7cf9ae.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/3673a3bc76174cf69db9e54c86a309ce.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/b4723ec526941fc3cdd523d237106d5a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/74d946c30f2c7c0ae42fd4b01faa6009.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/ee859cb61f448fadf764c8218f4d54a3.jpg

johnrando
01-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Great shots!

danewilson77
01-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Great shots!
+1

"No flamesuit required"

JG330i
01-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Thanks., Sir and Sir!

JG330i
01-31-2015, 05:22 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/d41dfdca1eb8afefb6f1ea7e1a79be0b.jpg

Roller from the event.

Then this happened :(

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/0902d4766ed6ec5fc1ddbb056e197a0d.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/0a23d7f3b2bd73dad56877ee5f6452cf.jpg

#cfproblems #lowlife #neighborsgarbagecan

danewilson77
01-31-2015, 05:23 PM
Oh my damn.

JG330i
01-31-2015, 07:50 PM
Oh my damn.

Si, seņor. [emoji24][emoji23][emoji22]

johnrando
02-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Oh no!

JG330i
04-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Hey All,

It has truly been ages. Figured I'd post up an update and some pics of the accident that I was in over 2yrs ago that totaled my ZHP, limited me mobility-wise for a bit, and was recently settled.

MVA Pics (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwnGIlTyAp1pdW9NRGROUnREQTg)

July 13th, 2015 was when it totaled. Driving to work, stopped in traffic, I got hit by a Dodge Grand Caravan going 60mph on impact, then a Mercedes G Wagon hit the van, into me again. Was out of work for nearly 2 months and driving was a no go for a bit. Worked from home, replaced it with a base E90 325i.

Then in December of '15, I was t-boned in the E90 and while it should have been totaled, it wasn't. Worked remotely again off and on, got back to driving, and finally had enough of the slushbox in the 325i and after driving my friends 6spd for a week, I finally was able to drive a manual again without discomfort in my lower back and legs.

I ended up picking up a 2013 Mini Cooper S in Ice Blue, 6sp Manual, loaded (minus cold weather pkg - really missed the heated seats in the ZHP through the winter).

Anyway, health-wise, I am doing much better. Finished up physical therapy in February just before my birthday and still have ongoing chiropractic and acupuncture treatments every few weeks. The accident got settled up a few weeks ago and some new goodies are on the way for the MCS including a tune from Manic Motorsports, Invidia exhaust, catless downpipe, upgraded sparkplugs, Wagner FMIC, Cravenspeed SSK, p3cars digital vent gauge, upgraded diverter valve, DDMWorks Race Intake, and some new tires.

With the mods, expecting to be at 225bhp and 240tq minimum from the stock 181bhp and 192tq.

Aimee and I are also engaged, planning for our wedding, and working on settling on a date/season.

Hoping to be more active around here (the Mafia is unmatched in terms of community quality), especially since Aimee is considering getting a ZHP herself (might have got teary eyed when she said that).

Hope all of you are well also! I lurk so often on the fb group, but figured I should throw an update up here at least.

~Jon

san
04-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Welcome back!

Hope you recover soon completely and also hope you and Aimee find a Zhp very soon!

BMWCurves
04-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Welcome! I didn't know we had another Portland-area member here save a handful of us.

Sorry to hear about the accident, that sounds crazy, but glad you're recovering well. Congrats on the engagement!

JG330i
04-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Welcome back!

Hope you recover soon completely and also hope you and Aimee find a Zhp very soon!

Thanks man! Not 100% sure when we'll start looking, but if we come across the right one, we'll definitely pull the trigger!

Love the pic in your sig btw!

Welcome! I didn't know we had another Portland-area member here save a handful of us.

Sorry to hear about the accident, that sounds crazy, but glad you're recovering well. Congrats on the engagement!

Thanks man! Yeah! I had my ZHP for about 4yrs or so. Picked it up with 50k. I used to see several driving around when I was in SE PDX but living on the West Side I rarely see one at all now. I used to commute from Beav to Clack daily and now work up at OHSU and use public transit mostly and drive occasionally.

Gorgeous car, by the way!

Thanks for the congrats! We're just now getting into planning and searching around for venues and think we are sold on one, just a matter of narrowing down the right date/season and factoring in the cost. Yeah, crazy thinking it will be 2 years in July. It goes by quickly. I just feel fortunate that working up here I have a lot of flexibility in my appointments during the day.

BMWCurves
04-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Thanks man! Yeah! I had my ZHP for about 4yrs or so. Picked it up with 50k. I used to see several driving around when I was in SE PDX but living on the West Side I rarely see one at all now. I used to commute from Beav to Clack daily and now work up at OHSU and use public transit mostly and drive occasionally.

Gorgeous car, by the way!

Thanks for the congrats! We're just now getting into planning and searching around for venues and think we are sold on one, just a matter of narrowing down the right date/season and factoring in the cost. Yeah, crazy thinking it will be 2 years in July. It goes by quickly. I just feel fortunate that working up here I have a lot of flexibility in my appointments during the day.

Four years is a decent amount of time with a car (at least in my mind), and it seems you're really enjoying your Mini Cooper S! A buddy of mine had one in high school and that thing was a go-kart. I'm surprised you used to see so many on the East Side. I'm over in NE frequently and I've only seen one black ZHP over there, but around NW and downtown I've seen an Imola 330i and 330Ci, two Silver Gray 330is, an Alpine White 330Ci and a 330i, two Sparkling Graphite 330Cis, a Mystic Blue 330i (in Wilsonville) and my father has a TiAg 330Ci. I wonder if you ever saw my car when the previous owners had it, they lived over in deep Beaverton and owned it since new until 2015.

OHSU's nice to work at, and definitely easy to get to. Are you up on the hill or on the waterfront?

Good luck with your wedding planning, I'm sure it's hectic but fun all the same! My sis got married a few years ago out by Mt. Hood. It had a gorgeous view of the mountain.

JG330i
04-19-2017, 08:14 AM
Four years is a decent amount of time with a car (at least in my mind), and it seems you're really enjoying your Mini Cooper S! A buddy of mine had one in high school and that thing was a go-kart. I'm surprised you used to see so many on the East Side. I'm over in NE frequently and I've only seen one black ZHP over there, but around NW and downtown I've seen an Imola 330i and 330Ci, two Silver Gray 330is, an Alpine White 330Ci and a 330i, two Sparkling Graphite 330Cis, a Mystic Blue 330i (in Wilsonville) and my father has a TiAg 330Ci. I wonder if you ever saw my car when the previous owners had it, they lived over in deep Beaverton and owned it since new until 2015.

OHSU's nice to work at, and definitely easy to get to. Are you up on the hill or on the waterfront?

Good luck with your wedding planning, I'm sure it's hectic but fun all the same! My sis got married a few years ago out by Mt. Hood. It had a gorgeous view of the mountain.

It definitely is. I think that is probably the longest I have actually had a car. Racked up the miles like they were going out of style on that thing, too. The Cooper S has been great and the mpg is fantastic. Got my ECU back last night with the SPS that allows me to switch between performance maps on the fly. Really slick setup. Waiting for the Wagner FMIC, Invidia Exhaust, Catless downpipe, and the DDMWorks Race Intake that uses the stock hood scoop in addition to the OEM duct.

Yeah, I was too honestly. There's a guy on here "The Six Sins" or something like that who had an Imola coupe and a friend of mine in the CCA, Alex Casey, hasa blue coupe (I am thinking that it is Topaz), but aside from that it was more of a "hey thats a ZHP" and wave kinda thing, but most of the time it was older folks who didn't realize what they had. I probably did see it driving around I am sure at one point or another. I've been in the Beav for 2 years but was driving out to the Burrito a ton when I was going to PCC....man that trek was terrible.

It is, my job is extremely boring for me at least, but trying to find another position that gives me more interaction with people. I'm up on Marquam Hill in Sam Jackson, I basically am the recipient of all overdue work and am a "Jon of all trades" for the most part. Great pay and benefits, but being "silo'd" off most of the day gets old.

Thanks man! It has not been to bad so far, just really seeing the dollar amounts on venues alone is mindblowing. I used to be a sales manager in hotels for awhile and did more the coordination with organizers/planners and vendors than contracts. Yeah, the venue we saw this past weekend is in Corbett and it was an outdoor school site that I worked at for a few years in high school and between terms in college. In the woods, trees all around, off the Sandy River, etc. The nice thing is this venue accommodates people with cabins and plenty of space so we won't feel limited on who we can have. Alternative is doing it at my grandparents property in the Garden Home area of SW PDX. That is what my sis and her fiance are doing this summer in August, so it may be a good chance for us to kinda see how we may like that and save the $3k the venue would be alone.

johnrando
04-23-2017, 03:49 AM
Welcome back. Glad you are better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk