PDA

View Full Version : How can we improve future ZHP Mafia meets?

jayjay_dee
05-31-2012, 12:01 PM
First of all, I want to thank and salute Mark, Dane, Keith and the rest who helped in any way and made the recent SIG-fest a very successful meet... Ive been to other meets (XOutpost.com) but the SIG-fest was the best, ever, so far...

But I think we can still do some more adjustments/tweaks to make it even better...

I will start...

I didnt catch all the real names, and yes, there was supposed to be name tags, but it was a bit small, so my recommendation is for bigger name tags or maybe a formal introduction night (first night of the meet?)

Another is more delegation of duties so it wont be too much of a burden for the host...

What do you guys think?

brettbimmer
05-31-2012, 12:10 PM
^Sounds good to me, Jayjay! Yes, larger real names on name tags would probably be beneficial...unless any guys were using it as an excuse to stare at the female attendees chest. :p (Sorry guys, didn't mean to blow our cover). :biggrin

M3TA5IN
05-31-2012, 02:00 PM
:rofl Brett

Nivo
05-31-2012, 02:05 PM
The larger the event gets the less space will there be at D.W.'s house.. We were lucky to almost fit everyone as some didn't show. But what about next years?

I agree with the name tags, Looking at some I probably looked like a crazy weirdo starring at peoples chests.

Organize the cruise so we don't get split off and others blast off into mach 1.

I might hit up the dragway next year down in VA.

zhpnsnv
05-31-2012, 02:19 PM
That's why it should be placed on hats or foreheads.

M3TA5IN
05-31-2012, 02:21 PM
The larger the event gets the less space will there be at D.W.'s house.. We were lucky to almost fit everyone as some didn't show. But what about next years?

I agree with the name tags, Looking at some I probably looked like a crazy weirdo starring at peoples chests.

Organize the cruise so we don't get split off and others blast off into mach 1.

I might hit up the dragway next year down in VA.

Might have to start looking into how much some smaller venues cost to house this craziness!

az3579
05-31-2012, 03:38 PM
I agree about the cruise part of it; there was a lot of splitting up.
The problem is, with a cruise like that, it just isn't as easy controlling it as it sounds. I don't think it's really possible to improve on this, unless we break up into smaller groups each with its own lead.

As far as names go, I would think the introduction session would be more effective. The name tags were only present maybe that first night, and I didn't see as many as them as I thought anyway. Mine kept wanting to fall off. If we had an introduction session, we'd get to know each other a little more personally right off the bat.

Hornung418
05-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Only make right turns?

Sent from my P.O.S. DroidX

cakM3
05-31-2012, 04:06 PM
I agree with Nivo about the cruise. If we can do a cruise where we don't leave anyone due to stop lights and such then I think that would make the cruise much more relaxing and fun. The use of walki talkies will help so that people being caught at a stop light can warn the leader so he/she can pull off to the side with everyone behind until the rest of the group can catch up :^) Then the cruise can resume...:thumbsup

Marcus-SanDiego
05-31-2012, 04:12 PM
I think formal introductions would be great. However, we might need to do it twice. As most people know, there were lots of people who showed up on Saturday; these people were not there on Friday night. We'd need to do introductions twice as far as I can tell.

johnrando
05-31-2012, 04:21 PM
I agree on formal introductions (prolly twice like Mark says). This cruise was a cruise/rolling shots event so that likely added some complexity. I think we should have a set of ideas for either or cruise or a rolling shot/cruise, as one would be easier/different than the other as far as manageability. Certainly smaller groups, right turns only would help people keep up in general.

Someone smarter than me can help with that when the time comes. For instance, for a rolling shot event we might want to circle back and redo the same part of the road several times to get all the cars in. You wouldn't have to do that with just a cruise. You might even want those as separate events. Just thinking out loud on the keyboard.

kayger12
05-31-2012, 04:26 PM
My .02-- formal intros are ok, but I think improving the name tags are a better option. If anyone is like me, by the time we get done introducing person #30, I've already forgotten the names of people #1-25.

Five minutes after the intros are done, I'd still be looking for name tags.

328ioc
05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
I love the name tags ideas sadly I could not make it this year but I have heard many great things.

I do also agree that just from hearing what people have said that we need to do something to lessen the burden on people such as Dane and his family, the boss man and Keith. Personally I wish I could do more but sadly I am in Florida so since I am a good distance from Virginia I would be glad to help with anything else I can as far as future meets.

One Idea I just though of and some people up north might like. I know many people here have children and it would be a longer drive but maybe we can put together some sort or Disney meet? After all we are a family and I bet the children in out little family would love it.

This is clearly a growing family that gets better with each new member so lets do what we can to make sure the family reunions keep growing and getting better as well.

-Devlin out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GMATT
05-31-2012, 04:55 PM
Just thinking out loud here..............how about Laynards, with screen name and real? I have a local guy that does all of our BMW stuff for driving schools, autocross etc. Maybe ZHP Mafia SigFest with our names?

Gary

Newjack
05-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Just thinking out loud here..............how about Laynards, with screen name and real? I have a local guy that does all of our BMW stuff for driving schools, autocross etc. Maybe ZHP Mafia SigFest with our names?

Gary

I like the lanyard idea. But for someone like me, I can recognize someones avatar almost instantly. A name without an avatar will take me longer to adjust to and identify with. Unless that person doesn't use an avatar. Food for thought.

static667
05-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Larger names would be good. The intro session sounds cool but impractical.

I like the lanyard idea. But for someone like me, I can recognize someones avatar almost instantly. A name without an avatar will take me longer to adjust to and identify with. Unless that person doesn't use an avatar. Food for thought.

I'll just rock a shirt with a big bio hazard symbol on it for everyone.

kayger12
05-31-2012, 05:07 PM

Avatar name tags is a great idea.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3

Newjack
05-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Larger names would be good. The intro session sounds cool but impractical.

I'll just rock a shirt with a big bio hazard symbol on it for everyone.

Everyone already knows static as the guy with mad delicious treats. But I guess the biohazard symbol is a close second.

zhpnsnv
05-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Cruises: we had some bad butt mother effers in our mini clubs who would (no matter how many cars in the queue) run lead and caboose. They'd block intersections until everyone got through. For minis, people found this cute, adorable even. For bmws, we'd probably get loaded baby diapers thrown at us. For me, the cruise was fun, as it was splendid to be chauffeured. I'm not a gargantuan fan of driving 6 hours only to drive some more, especially if it's not on a track. But that's just me. The rolling shots were amazing, and I can't wait to spend copious dollars on them.

Name tags - some other mini clubs had major lanyards and printed name tags. It was all quite official and definitely helpful for noob toobs. I know it's not going to be cost-possible, but what about shirts with names on the front?

But seriously, these are details. How do you improve the event? Not sure. The event is about the hanging out, making connections, talking about silver cubes, appreciating some mutual respect. To me the structure and such are secondary details.

BCS_ZHP
05-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Will remember larger name tags for October's Columbus Day weekend gathering. Artsy-craftsy, I'm not, so if someone wants to try something more ambitious please feel free to do so.

M3TA5IN
05-31-2012, 06:10 PM
If we wanted to do shirts, I have a cafepress account. Everyone could do there own design or have one made up. I can upload them and then put no mark up and it would just be at cost.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Bigger name tags work for me.

Sent from my ZHPMafia.com iPhone

az3579
05-31-2012, 06:17 PM
The use of walki talkies will help so that people being caught at a stop light can warn the leader so he/she can pull off to the side with everyone behind until the rest of the group can catch up

The concept is there but there was one instance that I got stopped at a stoplight, called it in on the radio three times, and got no responses at all (I know that radio worked). Kinda sucjed because we had to stop a group of cars behind me and figure out where to go (I wasn't given instructions).

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

Hornung418
05-31-2012, 06:36 PM
ZHPMafia jersey shirts with our screen name on the shoulders...maybe your avatar under the left breast logo?? That would be something I'd be down to do.

All in all, to echo Marc, once we get passed the name issue, we're together to hang out and shoot the shit.

Stu
05-31-2012, 07:10 PM
More meets! Group outings around town! Maybe we all meet up at a bar or something some night. Have DDs handy ;)

Also, totally like Justin's shirt idea.

danewilson77
06-01-2012, 06:53 AM
The concept is there but there was one instance that I got stopped at a stoplight, called it in on the radio three times, and got no responses at all (I know that radio worked). Kinda sucjed because we had to stop a group of cars behind me and figure out where to go (I wasn't given instructions).

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

We gave out multiple copies of the directions at multiple times. Sorry you missed out.

Ryans323i
06-01-2012, 07:17 AM
More time together. :(

az3579
06-01-2012, 12:29 PM
We gave out multiple copies of the directions at multiple times. Sorry you missed out.

Me too. I was completely unaware that instructions were being given until we were pulled over and someone pulled out their instructions. lol

+10000 to what Ryan said. :)

C Withers Media
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
We should move it to the middle of the country.....like Iowa.

Less jet lag, more of a mafia invasion, and Mark would still have his cornfield to go take pictures of.

:caseyshrug

Marcus-SanDiego
06-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Mark would still have his cornfield to go take pictures of.

Definitely. Otherwise, I would not have anything to shoot. Corn or nothing for me.

brettbimmer
06-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Definitely. Otherwise, I would not have anything to shoot. Corn or nothing for me.

:coolpic But what about the "abandoned" hunting lodge? :guns2

danewilson77
06-02-2012, 06:39 AM
:coolpic But what about the "abandoned" hunting lodge? :guns2

Not abandoned. That lodge is manned. 24/7. Do.not.be.fooled.

"twang!"

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

brettbimmer
06-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Not abandoned. That lodge is manned. 24/7. Do.not.be.fooled.

"twang!"

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I think it's a conspiracy and they are really hunting people...particularly car enthusiasts!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk