PDA

View Full Version : Status Update: Site Issues Resolved

Marcus-SanDiego
01-08-2011, 01:48 PM
The site was down as a result of Media Temple once again. They had a technical issue this time -- instead of the customary server load issues that have plagued them during the past week.

Site is slowly coming back online now. Expect intermittent down time, though. I don't trust this host.

The goal is for us to move to our new server on Sunday night.

kayger12
01-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Good news. I don't know how Media Temple keeps any business with this kind of performance.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
No kidding. I have friends, by the way, who use Media Temple. No troubles at all. We just got unlucky when we got tossed into cluster 7. It's a piece of crap cluster that has had issues for a month.

No worries, though. We're out of here. Soon.

danewilson77
01-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh yeah....cluster 7. I cant believe they would put us on that.....dumb cluster.......dumbies!

Marcus-SanDiego
01-08-2011, 05:46 PM
:biggrin

az3579
01-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Oh yeah....cluster 7. I cant believe they would put us on that.....dumb cluster.......dumbies!

What poopoo-heads........ :p

I thought the server change was supposed to happen last week??

danewilson77
01-09-2011, 06:46 AM
It was.......but they effed it up.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-09-2011, 06:56 AM
What poopoo-heads........ :p

I thought the server change was supposed to happen last week??

Actually, server change was hopefully going to happen on Friday night (two days ago). Not last week. See entire thread here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?686-%28Update%29-Server-Ready-Conference-Call-Scheduled-For-Tomorrow-Afternoon-...).

Migrating a server to new host, with no support, is more difficult than one would think. We have two dissimilar control panels behind the scenes. Therefore, we're just making sure that we have learned everything we need to learn before we do it.

Dane, you might be confusing the grid-server change that took place at Media Temple earlier this week. Moving from service to service, but within Media Temple, happened earlier this week. As you will recall, the site went down when they made that change. That's where they effed up.