PDA

View Full Version : Angel eyes that completely fit the headlight housing of facelift sedans do not exist.. PERIOD!

GreenFrog
06-09-2012, 08:11 AM
This baffles me to no end, but there are no brands of AEs out there that fit into any facelift e46 sedan.

I currently have the EAS Auroras and while they clip into the housing, the black plastic molding trim does not snap back in to the headlights because the angel eyes block their path.

As a result, I've been driving around without the black plastic trim and it works fine.. but come on. All these angel eyes are designed to fit into pre-facelift headlights and such..

I mean, sure, you can dremel the black trim but I shouldn't have to do that.

Am I missing something? Do the umnitza orions fit? I'm trying to sell my ZHP but I'm thinking about removing the angel eyes before sale because they haven't clipped on securely and there's a gap between the two eyes on one side of my car compared to the other side (i.e. they shifted while driving)

I guess what I'm really looking to get out of this thread is a suggestion for a brand that a) comes in 4300K stock OEM color, b) fits completely into the housing WITH the black plastic trim, and c) is higher quality. The auroras only meet criteria a) and c).

kayger12
06-09-2012, 08:40 AM
I had Predator V2s in my facelift 325i and they fit perfectly.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3

GreenFrog
06-09-2012, 08:41 AM
You were able to clip on the AEs securely and snap the black trim back in completely for a perfect fit?

If so, I'm gonna order those NOW!

kayger12
06-09-2012, 08:42 AM
You were able to clip on the AEs securely and snap the black trim back in completely for a perfect fit?

If so, I'm gonna order those NOW!

Yes. Assuming they haven't changed the design. That was about three years ago.

That was the primary reason I went with Umnitza back then.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3

danewilson77
06-09-2012, 10:27 AM
My Weisslichts from Bimmian clip perfectly as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Johnmadd
06-09-2012, 10:32 AM
My orion v2's fit good. I thought the auto leveling may shift them after a while but they haven't budged.