PDA

View Full Version : Proper Alignment specs??

SoloEuro
06-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Hey guys,
So I'm actually kind of sad I haven't been able to look at the site for a while. Got crazy busy with work now, playing baseball, and trying to get my car finished with this round of parts and back on the ground rolling (been a crazy roller coaster....lol but we all know how the mod process goes :rofl)

...but now that I'm almost there....just waiting on my rear spacers, which had been forgot in the shipping when I had all of my new spacers and bolts shipped out. Needed more clearance from the brakes to the wheels. :shifty

My question for you guys though, since I'm completely new at suspension and alignments. What should I go camber wise and all that? I have eibach lowering springs, koni struts. I want some camber for that "stanced" look but not stupid. I was thinking -1 maybe for all 4. But what do you guys think? ....and are there any specs I'm missing? This buddy said he can do any specs from OEM to my choice of numbers....

Thanks in Advance guys! :thumbup

johnrando
06-18-2012, 06:06 AM
There's a thread I'll link you to. The alignment specs are for the 330 zsp (sport) with 18" wheels. There is a data sheet for the standard specs in the thread. I just got an alignment but the tech set mine up according to specs plus how I drive, vs. just standard specs. -1 is fine, but you can go more and it won't look "stupid" at all.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?321-BMW-330-ZHP-alignment-and-data-Pics

SoloEuro
06-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Thank you, John! That thread is very helpful and I think I actually learned a little bit from it. lol Will be very helpful when I get my car aligned soon!

TheUDM89
07-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Shaun,

What size spacers did you use in the rear? i purchased 20mm after i lowered my car with koni yellow and h&R springs and the spacers seem to rub pretty bad on the inside of the fender and it appears that i may have to roll the rear fenders for it to clear. i waasnt sure what size to go and a friend of mine mentioned 20 so i did. what would you suggest. i have a 2004 330 zhp sedan

johnrando
07-09-2012, 06:35 AM
I used 12mm on my vert w/the H&R Cup Kit, and it rubbed (with fenders rolled). I went to 10mm rear and that worked. (Put the 12mm up front, Gary gave me the idea to swap).

GSEN820
07-09-2012, 08:02 AM
The most aggressive you can go with ZHP rims to get it flush would be 15mm in rear and 20mm in the front. I had this set up with H & R spacers. I had a slight rub in the rear. I rolled rear fenders as much as I could still got some rub.

I got rid of the rub with 15mm in front and 12mm in rear. Not as flush but at least no rub.

I switched suspension to H & R but had to go with the set that JohnRando is running of 12mm up front and 10mm in the rear.

I did all of this while keeping the OEM factory alignment specs. I did not want my tires to wear any different than they had too so I kept factory settings. I am sure I could have change alignment specs for no rubbing.

Note the only rubbing I had was the rear. No issues or rolling needed for the front.

TheUDM89
07-15-2012, 09:13 PM
thanks for the input guys ill be looking into different spacers. the 20mm in the rear rubbed way too much so i took them off. i just need to return them and order the 12mm and 15mm.