PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Pro 4 Monitor Calibration (photography) -- Very Happy With Results

Marcus-SanDiego
06-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Until yesterday, I was working without a calibrated monitor. I did my homework and decided to purchase the Spyder Pro 4.

I am quite pleased with the results. What's more, the entire calibration took about five minutes. I had always been reticent to calibrate my monitors because of how complicated some of the calibration tools are. The Spyder is a piece of cake. And it's a hardware solution rather than a software solution.

If you've been thinking about getting your monitor calibrated, but you've had a difficult time trying to figure out which one to buy, this is a really good one that I can unequivocally endorse.

I bought mine through Amazon.com, which is an affiliate of our site.

You can find the product here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006TF37H8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=zhpcom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B006TF37H8

Ryans323i
06-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Interesting little device. You should have bought 2. One for you, and one to loan out to all us Mafiosos. That way we could all calibrate our computers to see the "true" awesomeness of CWithersMedia's pictures. :biggrin Congrats on your new tool.

Marcus-SanDiego
06-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks, Ryan. I have calibrated all of my monitors with it. The $169 is well worth the price, especially since I am selling photos to clients who expect the photo to look proper.

johnrando
06-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Curious, was it a big difference before/after or was it more knowing that it's now "perfectly" correct?

Marcus-SanDiego
06-20-2012, 08:42 AM
On my Macbook pro, I had more blues than I should have had. I also had my darks too low. My Thinkpad, though, was way off. Big difference there. I was impressed with the Macbook, though. Pretty close -- but it was still off (just not by a lot).

C Withers Media
06-28-2012, 10:36 AM
I use Spyder3 Elite and endorse both.