PDA

View Full Version : Tire wear question

ranger
06-21-2012, 03:51 PM
I just read through all the tire posts but wanted to ask a question about my ZHP tire wear - 2005 ZHP 6MT Coupe, stock suspension with 122,000 miles.

All four tires need replacing but I noticed that all 4 tires - front and back have accelerated wear on the inside edges.

Is the accelerated wear on the inside edges of ZHP tires "normal", a symptom of bad alignment, a symptom of worn suspension? Your thoughts appreciated.

I have the OEM 135 rims - based on the comments in the Tire section, I am thinking about purchasing 245-35-18 for all four tires for a square approach on the stock rims.

danewilson77
06-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Normal. Fronts should have less inner tire wear than tears, if aligned properly.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

kayger12
06-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Might be normal.

Excessive inner tread wear on the fronts can result from worn FCABS.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3

danewilson77
06-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Might be normal.

Excessive inner tread wear on the fronts can result from worn FCABS.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3

+1

Wasn't thinking about the "excessive" aspect. Our tires will wear from inner edge > out at a normal rate (whatever that is) if car is aligned to proper specs.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

johnrando
06-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Mine definitely wore on the inner much faster than the outer.

brettbimmer
06-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Mine definitely wore on the inner much faster than the outer.

^ X2. Both front & rear wear on the inside faster then elsewhere on the tire contact patch. Part of the penalty we pay for superb ZHP handling. If you track/really enjoy the twisties in a spirited fashion, IT ONLY GETS WORSE! :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk