PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Members

toddness
06-25-2012, 06:53 PM
I have tried to contact a member (or two) through the notifications page and seems they are missed. I didn't realize I had messages waiting either.

Is there a better way for contacting members directly?

nike001
06-25-2012, 07:00 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6749-Member-contact-information

Marcus-SanDiego
06-25-2012, 07:08 PM
I have tried to contact a member (or two) through the notifications page and seems they are missed. I didn't realize I had messages waiting either.

Is there a better way for contacting members directly?

Probably sending them a message directly is the best way. Typically, message notification pops up at the top of the site.

Additionally, those with hotmail accounts are no longer reachable. Those people need to put in a new email addresses (something other than hotmail) if they want to be reached via email.

toddness
06-25-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6749-Member-contact-information

NIke - this is what I get when I click your link....?

vBulletin Message

toddness, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Funny, I think I am activated and not disabled.

Marcus-SanDiego
06-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Check your account settings. I was just looking at this one (as an administrator): Pop up a Notification Box When a Private Message is Received (NO).

Go into your settings and choose YES. Also, check out your other settings as well. You have some stuff disabled.

toddness
06-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Thank you Marcus.

That didn't help with Nike's post, though I see the benefits in the other changes.

Mike V
06-26-2012, 11:02 AM
If you're referring to me as one of those guys you were trying to contact, sorry but I don't get on here as often as I used to. I just saw your PM today.