PDA

View Full Version : Other Forums - Member Reviews - Regarding Purchases

JupiterBMW
07-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Is it allowed to post a member name from E46f and ask if he is reputable? I'm willing to make a fairly large purchase from a guy there, and want to ask the crowd that I already feel comfortable with (the Mafia family!) if he is known and reputable. He has good iTrader, but I already found a small problem with the product from his pics and it just has me nervous...

Anyone? Thanks in advance...

UdubBadger
07-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I hope its not :starbucks

Hornung418
07-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah dude, who is it? No secrets from the Mafia, or we'll have you whacked!

Sent from the past from my future self.

JupiterBMW
07-02-2012, 03:37 AM
No not like that at all... I don't know the guy. I'm just buying some sort of pricey parts, and I'm just so skeptical all the time. The member is keithyaka.

Anyone know him, know of his credibility? I just hear such negativity about the E46f community, and honestly, I see it all over the board. It makes me skeptical about buying stuff over there.

Anyway, appreciate the help!

ryankokesh
07-02-2012, 05:08 AM
I'd be skeptical. I don't know the member in question, but I have had bad experiences buying stuff from random people on e46fanatics.

:starbucks lol

ryankokesh
07-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Yeah dude, who is it? No secrets from the Mafia, or we'll have you whacked!

Sent from the past from my future self.

Just make the guy an offer he can't refuse....

cakM3
07-02-2012, 05:14 AM
I'd be skeptical. I don't know the member in question, but I have had bad experiences buying stuff from random people on e46fanatics.

:starbucks lol

^
+1

Ryans323i
07-02-2012, 06:16 AM
I don't know the person you're wondering about, but I've bought and sold quite a few things on e46F. It's been awhile, but all of my experiences were good. I was sure to not buy/sell to anyone who had less than 50 posts and they had to have good itrader ratings. I took a chance once, on a "member" who only had 3 posts but they were a salvage yard in Florida and the price was right. Things went fine and I got the product at an amazing price.

If you're seeing a flaw in the product you're wanting to buy in the seller's pictures, ask them about it. Also, you could post the pic here and let us see if we see the same flaw. Best of luck either way.

WOLFN8TR
07-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Oh I remember that website. Hardly ever go there anymore since joining the Mafia.

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke

JupiterBMW
07-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Oh I remember that website. Hardly ever go there anymore since joining the Mafia.

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke

Yes, I agree totally, its just that there is a lot more traffic there and I found the parts I need over there. As for the member, I guess I'm just being gun shy about it all. He has great iTrader and he has been an active member... I think I'll go for it.

johnrando
07-02-2012, 09:28 AM
I've bought and sold many things on e46f... only once did I have an issue. It's always a roll of the dice, but if he has a good rating, and you see how long they've been on and what his posts are, you can generally get a feeling.

JupiterBMW
07-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Werd, I'm gonna dooooo iiiit! :biggrin

webster
07-27-2012, 01:08 PM
what are you buying??

JupiterBMW
07-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Heh, the purchase in question was a set of AL headlights. I always get skeptical when people search you out and offer to sell you stuff, especially when you can't find said item posted for sale... It wasn't like I was searching or replied to a FS thread he had posted.

Long story short, I did purchase them. They arrived, packaging looked good, but of course, one of the headlights was hammered, like it had been dropped. He tried to say it was shipping damage, but the other one was PERFECT and there was no drop evidence anywhere on the packaging... Tabs on the headlight housing cracked, and the inner projector unit (the part that swivels up and down for the height adjustment had 2 of the 3 tabs severely broken... Luckily, I was able to source necessary parts and the cracked pieces in order to glue it all back together.

So, my passenger headlight is half plastic, half loktite... :biggrin

Needless to say, he didn't get good iTrader...

But of mention, I since purchased an autoleveling motor (for this same headlight...) from another person, and wow what amazing service. Shipped fast, packed well, and great communication. He even sent me an email with pics of item, packing, and the overall box that would arrive at my door... That member is jack.chris328 out of San Diego area... Outstanding seller!

Anyway... By the time I'm all said and done, I have about $1000 into my headlights alone... I should've just sprung for the brand new Magneti Marellis in the first place... Would've cost about the same!

danewilson77
07-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Need name of crappy seller.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

JupiterBMW
07-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Ahh yes, sorry... His name was keithyaka out of Canada.

nike001
07-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Jupiter, you mean you have $1,000 into both sets of your headlights.. right?

Anywho, I purchased some tires off of someone on E46F today. They were a pleasure to deal with and since I didn't have all the money right when I wanted them so they let me put a $100 deposit on them for them to hold the two tires for another week. Finished the purchase today after paycheck and apparently my tires were shipped out immediately there after.

JupiterBMW
07-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Eh, its close to it just in the lights I'm keeping, and about $250 in retrofit goodies... Of course, the countless hours of time spent doing the retrofit really aren't reflected... Oh well.

danewilson77
07-27-2012, 03:25 PM
This thread isn't going to help if you don't include the username from whom you made the good/bad purchase from.

nike001
07-27-2012, 04:01 PM
This thread isn't going to help if you don't include the username from whom you made the good/bad purchase from.

Ideally, there should be more good purchases than bad. Why would I post the name of a person I had a pleasant transaction with? So people can haggle them to potentially sell something else? I don't know about you but I think only posting bad transactions and their names will be the benefit here so that people can avoid them. Wasn't this the point of the thread? To avoid bad sellers?

I just posted my story because I had a nice transaction on E46F, which is a forum that some people have trouble trusting other people on..

danewilson77
07-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Ideally, there should be more good purchases than bad. Why would I post the name of a person I had a pleasant transaction with? So people can haggle them to potentially sell something else? I don't know about you but I think only posting bad transactions and their names will be the benefit here so that people can avoid them. Wasn't this the point of the thread? To avoid bad sellers?

I just posted my story because I had a nice transaction on E46F, which is a forum that some people have trouble trusting other people on..

Yes. That was my point. The bad transactions are what's important. Good is fine as well.

I see now that Joopy added name of poor transacteur.