PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Headlights and and front turn signals?

Gatsby
07-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Hello all,

I am a newbie to the ZHP. I recently purchased my ZHP sedan and am getting ready to replace the headlights and front turn signals.

The original equiptment from the dealer are just shy of $1200.00 each!
PLEASE tell me there are some quality aftermarket alternatives.

ALSO,

I would to give the front of the car some attitude, but don't want to go over the line of good taste, so, Headlights / Black or Grey? Turn signal / clear, amber, or smoked lenses? Side Markers / clear, amber, or smoked lenses?

das boots
07-24-2012, 07:45 AM
For starters...you did not specify what type of headlights you have. If you got halogens, then go the same route I did or modify your headlights to Bi-Xenons like what JupiterBMW did. Go through all of the threads on Xenon conversion.

As for change of shades..then it is up to you and of the amount of $$ you are willing to spend.

BTW...you need also to go and introduce yourself at the New Members thread. Most will mostly get to know you more on what exactly you have and who you are......if you can post a pic of your ride...so much the better.

JupiterBMW
07-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Hello Gatsby. Welcome to the forum, and as boots mentioned, swing through the new members section and say hello... As for the headlights, not sure what brand headlights you have, but I'm assuming they're ZKW as you have a sedan. I recently just finished doing the retrofit to fix the 'burned' bowl issue that is common on those lights as my car was one of the worst I've seen (at least compared to pictures on the net).. Anyway, I have those lights and to be honest, I'm contemplating selling them... If I do, I will be posting them in the for sale forum.

As for your corners and sides, to me it depends on the car color. Personally, I like clear all the time, but if your car is Sparkling graphite or silver grey, then the smoked might not look bad...

Anyway, good luck and welcome.

johnrando
07-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Welcome. You might also want to consider black grills or different colored roundels too for a little differentiation. And, plus 1 on a new members introduction.

danewilson77
07-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Magnetti Marelli from FCPeuro are $705 each. Same company as Al.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA