PDA

View Full Version : So I've Decided On Wheels Few Questions

mLuMaN83
07-24-2012, 02:45 PM
So I have made my decision. I am going with the style 72 8.5 squared. Love that wheel to death and found a source for them.

The 8.5 will go okay up front right?

Also I was contemplating spacers. I don't know much about spacing. All I know is I would like to have a tad more "beef" when looking from the rear. I don't want to sacrifice any ride quality and I dont want a "modded" look really. Just a tad beefier.

And tires. I would like a tire that come flush to the edge of the wheel or a little farther. What tire sizes should I be looking at? Also what in you guy's opinions would be the cheapest quiet comfy ride tire. This is my DD so there a bare minimum of play time in this car. Don't need pilots or anything like that.

I'm a noob when it comes to suspension, wheels, tires, and brakes.

danewilson77
07-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Need style 72 offset. I would think you could go 10mm up front and in rear though.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

mLuMaN83
07-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Et50 offset for rears which I will be doing all 4. Don't know what that means lol.

Wantnto make sure it doesnt affect ride quality either.

danewilson77
07-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Et50 offset for rears which I will be doing all 4. Don't know what that means lol.

May be able to even go 15's in rear.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

imola red zhp
07-24-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm assuming you sticking to 18x8.5 square 245-40-18 square is common tire size for square pattern with stock suspension.

JupiterBMW
07-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm assuming you sticking to 18x8.5 square 245-40-18 square is common tire size for square pattern with stock suspension.

Agreed, this is the size I just put on the back of my car and I really like the size. It sits just a bit wider than flush with the rim edge.

*EDIT* Just snapped and added a couple pics.

mLuMaN83
07-24-2012, 06:44 PM
So you think 10mm front and 15mm rear hub centric from Turner would be the right set up? I wont get any fitment, rubbing, or vibration issues?

Thanks for the input so far...

mLuMaN83
07-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Agreed, this is the size I just put on the back of my car and I really like the size. It sits just a bit wider than flush with the rim edge.
Thats what I like. Not only makes the rear look beefier but helps protect the wheel from rash.

JupiterBMW
07-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Hmm, after posting pics, it doesn't look like it sounds out from the rim much at all...

brettbimmer
07-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Jon, will you please clean your car before postings pics?! ...Oh wait...that's just dirt on my screen. :D

Good luck with the new shoes!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Jon, will you please clean your car before postings pics?! ...Oh wait...that's just dirt on my screen. :D

Good luck with the new shoes!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ugh, Brett.. She is dirty. She hasn't been washed for 4 days... Of course, she's been in the garage for all 4 of those days, but still, clean to me is washed within 24 hours.

And to the OP, I completely apologize. I misspoke earlier. My tires are 245/35-18s... I have no idea how I missed that. That being said, I did all the calculations and the 245/35 was closer in overall size to the OEM 255/35 than the 245/40 was. If you need more info regarding this, let me know. I can explain... Just not at 11:30pm... :shifty

webster
07-26-2012, 07:53 AM

quick paragraph that sums it up:

The offset of a wheel is the distance from the mounting surface of the wheel to the true centerline of the rim. A positive offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is positioned in front of the true centerline of the rim / tire assembly. This in effect brings the tire in to the fender well more. Conversely, a negative offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is behind the true centerline of the rim / tire assembly. This will cause the tire to stick out away from the vehicle.

To compare the effects of changing the offset and width of your wheels use the WheelOffsetCalculator

http://www.1010tires.com/About/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

danewilson77
07-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Here is another link regarding wheel fitment.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?527-Wheel-Fitment-101