PDA

View Full Version : Trouble starting

BimmerWill
08-02-2012, 03:14 PM
So im about 95% sure the clutch switch is the culprit but just wanted to throw this out here and see if anyone else had an idea. My car hasn't been starting on the first try for a day or so and I've had to take the key out and push the clutch pedal in a few times to get it to turn over. Any other ideas besides the clutch switch? Anyway to easily disable this so I don't have to worry about the vehicle not starting before I get a switch ordered?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Newjack
08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
I think the only way to disable that is to have your car coded.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

BimmerWill
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Is it more than likely just the sensor? or could it be something more expensive?

BimmerWill
08-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Well I hardwired in a toggle switch in replace of the safety switch by tapping into the two of the three wires running off the harness for the switch. Now the car will not start without flipping that switch. Extra security measure ;) Just have to decide where to put it...any suggestions?

Johnmadd
08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Well I hardwired in a toggle switch in replace of the safety switch by tapping into the two of the three wires running off the harness for the switch. Now the car will not start without flipping that switch. Extra security measure ;) Just have to decide where to put it...any suggestions?

Get your car coded for clutchless start and no need for the switch.

BimmerWill
08-07-2012, 04:23 AM
Rather not fool with the coding personally. Plus i like the idea of if anyone happens to get my keys from me it wont start without my say so lol