PDA

View Full Version : Matching front/rear tires

Token
09-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Hey guys, I have a tire question. My plan to wait until winter to replace my rear tires is no longer going to work since my left rear tire developed a slow leak that seems to be getting worse ( now 5-7 psi/day). I've done a lot of research and have decided i'm willing to shell out the big bucks for the pilot super sports. The only issue is my fronts have plenty of life left (only ~7 months old). I've heard that super sports are just average if you don't have them all around.

Right now I have Bridgestone RE040's on the front and RE760's on the rear and the back end slips around a lot when I put the power down or chuck the car around.

Anyways, do you guys think its a waste of money putting super sports on the rear only?

nike001
09-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Get them all around, then when those are through.. throw the old fronts back on and go from there.

Token
09-07-2012, 04:56 PM
I thought about that but going from super sports to crappy OE tires will suck. Rather burn through the fronts and hold off on PSS's if I have to

nike001
09-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Have you considered selling them?

Try the classifieds on e46f or something. Might lose a bit of money but hey, the tires are gone and you'll have extra cash for the PSS's

Crickett
09-08-2012, 03:33 AM
Have you considered selling them?

Try the classifieds on e46f or something. Might lose a bit of money but hey, the tires are gone and you'll have extra cash for the PSS's

+1: sell fronts, get matching set :thumbsup

(Or burn off old set at an autocross or two . . . :rockon)