PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach area mafia members?

JupiterBMW
09-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Curious if any of you are close... I'm "back at work" on my ship, and our schedule changed. We're sitting in the harbor right now, here for about 10 days. It's hard for me to get time off, but if anyone is close and would like to meet up/hang out, I'd be down.

Sent from my iPhone 4/4S hybrid on Tapatalk...

danewilson77
09-09-2012, 05:52 AM
What happened? Mechanical/Navigation issue?

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

JupiterBMW
09-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Nah, schedule changes all the time. We're discharging now, and then we'll sit at anchor for a bit and then come back in to the dock and discharge the rest of the load.

danewilson77
09-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Nah, schedule changes all the time. We're discharging now, and then we'll sit at anchor for a bit and then come back in to the dock and discharge the rest of the load.

Copy.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

johnrando
09-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Hey. I'm about 30 minutes from LB. Do you have transportation? I could try to get down there to meet for lunch or something one day. Also, tentatively, I'll be heading down to San Diego on Wednesday for dinner as Charlie is in town, so if you have time, I could pick you up on the way down. I plan to return the same day. It's about a 2 hour drive from here.

Pip
09-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I wish San Diego wasn't so far from Anaheim and I wasn't headed home Wednesday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
09-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey John... I'd love to join, but I can't get any days off. I can get an evening off but I'm without transportation. Basically, all I can do is cab or walk from where the launch boat drops us, which is right at pierpoint landing, behind the aquarium...

I know, not ideal, and I don't expect you drive up. Just a thought if anyone is close and wants to grab a beer or bite to eat.

johnrando
09-10-2012, 02:25 PM
What time are you free? Just saw that Sean is in Anaheim 'till Wed. Also, how long you here? If not available Wed., what about Friday?

JupiterBMW
09-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Wednesday wont work, its my duty day, so I have to be on the ship all night.. But, we're supposed to shift back to the dock on Friday, so I could take that night off. I'd be free at about 5pm or so.

I'll have to cab into downtown long beach. Burgers and a beer?

wsmeyer
09-11-2012, 12:02 PM
John and I have been texting about Fri and it seems to work for both of us. We'd be coming into Long Beach via the Vincent Thomas bridge so picking you up wouldn't be a problem.

There's this place in LB with a huge selection of beer:

http://www.yardhouse.com/CA/long-beach-restaurant/

And there is aslo this going on:

http://lobsterfest.com/

But I have never been to it so not sure.

William.

JupiterBMW
09-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh I know yardhouse very well! Good place. I can prolly meet you there, and that's walking distance for me so even better.

cakM3
09-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey Jon :hi

Damn! I wish I could have time to cruise on up to visit with you! Unfortunately things aren't going well regarding my testing and I'm currently delayed about two days until the ship where I'm supposed to be testing at can support the tests I need to run while here in San Diego so it looks like I won't have the time to cruise up to Long Beach to meet up with you....I'm sure you will have an awesome time with John and William though :thumbsup

Hopefully your tour will be a good and safe tour Jon!

JupiterBMW
09-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Ahh damn, too bad Charlie. Next time I hope! Hopefully I can meet up with John and William.

johnrando
09-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Let's definitely book it. And, I'm heading down to SD tomorrow to meet up with Charlie and some mafia.

JupiterBMW
09-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Word... I'm stoked!

I just read again, William said you guys will be coming across the VT bridge... If so, you could probably swing right down to the terminal/dock and pick me up, if that's still an offer? Its kind of tough to get here but if you'd be willing to do that, it'd definitely help as it'd save me about a $15 cab ride.

Anyway, super stoked to meet up and hang out with you guys. John, I've already been told to make sure I check out your sport button mod... LOL. Oh, and feel free to kidnap Charlie and bring him up with you so I can see him too! :rofl

You guys have no idea how awesome it is to cut out of work to hang with the Mafia! :thumbsup

johnrando
09-12-2012, 06:32 AM
We can definitely pick you up. We both have verts so you'll be in the "baby back" seat, lol.