PDA

View Full Version : 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

PHZ
09-09-2012, 09:58 PM
1990 300zx Twin Turbo, manual transmission. STOCK!
Only 104,000 original miles!!!!
Original Pearl White paint.
What a car.

The most amazing car I have owned or driven.

But I’m old and need a back seat. My loss, your gain.
To be honest, it’s almost too much car for me.

2 owner cream puff. First owner was a judge in El Centro [San Diego area], second is me, a professor in Orange County. A car doesn’t get an easier life than this. No winter driving, no rain to speak of. Just open roads, sunny skies and 2 mature owners.

Images may be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86970514@N03/

Honestly, when I drive this car into a lot, no one can believe how old it is based on its superior condition. It’s not without it’s minor flaws, but you really have to look for them. This isn’t a sales pitch… it’s the truth. If you see the car in person you will understand what I mean. The car is not perfect, but it’s damn near close given its age and racing potential. If you have ever seen Nissan’s 1990’s Pearl Paints you will appreciate its slick shininess [factory code QNO].

This car has never been raced, and is fully stock. No performance or aesthetic modifications. Yes, that’s right… NO MODIFICATIONS.
The ONLY functional modifications are:

1] Keyless entry/remote/alarm [Carbine brand, professionally installed]
2] Upgraded 6cd/Mp3 stereo [Kenwood, professionally installed]
3] iPhone/iPod direct hook up- play your tunes through the great car speakers.
4] Vent upgrade [http://www.powertrix.com/z32interior.htm]- if you know these cars you know they almost all had these interior vents pull away.
5] Z-1 Motorsports rear hatch upgrade [http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=5334]. A great upgrade for the functionality of 22 year old hatch struts.
6] Custom subwoofer & enclosure [from first owner]. In rear of car, looks OEM. More bass than you will need.
7] BOSE center speaker [only available on 90] was removed and DIN factory pocket installed in dash for more storage. I have the original speaker [non working] and collectable BOSE speaker grille if you are interested.
8] iPhone/iPod holder- see and use your iPhone with ease. Mounted in DIN pocket. This can easily be removed if you do not want this function.
The rest of this beast is pure stock.

I have ALL the maintenance / repair receipts for this car.
This car has way below the number of minor cosmetic defects that a 22 year-old car should have. There is a small chip on the passenger side under the rear view mirror [see pictures]. There is a small section of the driver’s seat where the stitching has become unraveled [NOT a tear… see pictures - I have been told about $100 to re-stitch]. There are 2 tiny [less than 1/8”] stars in windshield that have been repaired by previous owner.I document these small imperfections to be forthcoming about the amazing but real condition of this car. You will know what you are looking at before you see it in person. A great car for a collector due to it’s condition.

The air conditioning system has new hoses and has been fully charged with new R12.

ALWAYS garaged.
Always adult driven.

Repairs/maintenance:
- New rear brake pads, bearings, rotor resurfacing 9/12
- Carbine remote door lock [lifetime warranty] 10/11
- Kenwood head unit and DICE ipod mount 10/11
- Brake light replaced 11/11
- AC door actuator replaced 11/11
- Rack/pinion boot replaced 10/11
- New fuel line hoses 04/12
- Spark plugs inspected 1/12
- New rear sensor light module & bulbs 1/12
- New K&N air filter installed 11/11
- New platinum sparks plugs 11/11
- New injector connectors 3/12
- New timing belt and assembly 9/11
- New serpentine belts 9/11
- New water pump 9/11
- New thermostat assembly 9/11
- Antifreeze, coolant and radiator hoses 9/11
- New front tires [225/50r16 Toyo Proxes4] 9/11
- New power steering hose and tube 9/11
- New turbo boost gauge hoses 9/11
- Mobil 1 synthetic oil change 9/12 [changed every 5000 miles]

Registration Paid 9/12- good till 9/13!

*All Original manuals.
*Original T-top bags.
*The VERY rare rear tonneau [cargo] cover [try to find one of these online].
*Original BOSE speaker system

This car drives as smooth as the day I bought it. Shifts are smooth and crisp. This car sings when cruising at freeway speeds. When the twin turbos kick in, it is a thing of beauty.

I baby my cars, and this is no exception. I have never revved the turbos up past 75% capacity [per the turbo boost gauge in dashboard cluster]. I have never revved the engine up over 5k rpms [and that high does not happen often]. I ALWAYS let the car warm up to get oil in the pan and turbos before driving, and ALWAYS let the car cool down [to prevent clogging] after I drive it.

If you are looking for a creampuff, or are looking for an un-modded car to tweak and take to the track, this is it.

I hand wash and detail my cars weekly. Wax/sealant 1-2 times per month. Leather always treated with Leatherique Leather products. I only use Maguire’s and Croftgate products on my cars. If you are a serious car enthusiast, you know what this means.

Due to the nature and raw power of this car, only serious interests will be allowed a test drive. Potential drivers need to have:
1] a valid license and
2] valid proof of insurance [I will photocopy], as well as
3] either cash in hand or a letter of proof of funds for an auto loan from their bank.
No exceptions.

NO JOYRIDERS.

Those that opt to see and drive this car will develop a serious smile.
If you are looking at this car, you are either a pure enthusiast [like me], who wants an UNMODDED car that’s been pampered or you are interested in blowing the doors off others at the track with the twin turbos [these things are easily modified to produce over 500hp]. Either way, it’s a gem.

10k firm.
Orange County

Mike V
09-12-2012, 01:22 AM
The flickr link doesn't appear to be working.

PHZ
09-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Mike

Uhoh

Thank you.

I just tried from my iPhone and it seems to work.
I'll try from my laptop and see of that works.

Anyone else not able to view?

PHZ
09-12-2012, 08:18 AM
I tried from a desktop and link worked.

Could you try again?

Hornung418
09-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Worked for me. What a brilliant example of a first year Z32. My only gripe is the pathetic looking stock exhaust, what were they thinking??

No matter, best of luck in the sale! At $10k this shouldn't last for too long.

PHZ
09-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Whew!

Yes, I somewhat agree about exhaust.

But the car as a whole... Wow.

Thank you.
I hope it lasts somewhat long ;)

ranger
09-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Beautiful cars - I had a 1991 300ZX TT for a few years as a weekend car. They aged well.

mLuMaN83
09-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I freaking love those cars. Especially in that pearl white. I still may buy one one of these day.

Interior design is amazing and the exterior is just as good. They ride like butter too. One of the best sportsters EVER built. Right along with the 90's Supra.

NorCalZman
09-12-2012, 03:57 PM
I have a soft spot in my heart for Zs. I had a 88 300ZX Shiro Special. Pearl white, recaros, factory body kit.

PHZ
09-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Agreed.
The interior and exterior styling are among the top production vehicles.
Other than BMW "driver centric" dash designs, the Nissan guys nails the ergonomic / aesthetic combo. As a designer, this car presses ALL my right buttons. the E46 does a similar thing :)

Smooth is right. Freeway speeds... Butter is a great analogy. And the shifting on this thing is pure delight.

And HICAS steering... Accelerating inside turns with no hiccups.

I love this car.

Mike V
09-13-2012, 01:41 AM
I tried from a desktop and link worked.

Could you try again?

That's weird, it works fine for me today. I'll pass this on to a few Z fanatics that I know!

PHZ
09-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Mile

Whew.

Thanx! I do appreciate.

PHZ
09-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Sold
:(

imola red zhp
09-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Sold