PDA

View Full Version : Eurocharged SoCal Tuning Day Interest

Eurocharged
09-21-2012, 12:35 PM
If I am able to make it out there in October I need to know how much serious interest there would be for a tuning day in San Diego. The date hasn't been set yet but I would likely be able to make some arrangements if peoples schedules differ from each other.

Price (for ZHP tuning) would be TBD - because of travel costs to come out there I might not be able to give the forum discount but probably something in the neighborhood of it. If I can work it out - I certainly will.

The more people who give me a firm commitment, the better the price will be (and please remember pricing varies per platform of car we are tuning).

Please start a list.

1. John Rando - ZHP

WOLFN8TR
09-21-2012, 02:30 PM
If I am able to make it out there in October I need to know how much serious interest there would be for a tuning day in San Diego. The date hasn't been set yet but I would likely be able to make some arrangements if peoples schedules differ from each other.

Price (for ZHP tuning) would be TBD - because of travel costs to come out there I might not be able to give the forum discount but probably something in the neighborhood of it. If I can work it out - I certainly will.

The more people who give me a firm commitment, the better the price will be (and please remember pricing varies per platform of car we are tuning).

Please start a list.

Oh Ya I'm down!

1. John Rando - ZHP
2. WOLFN8TR - ZHP "Auto"

PHZ
09-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Depends on price and date :)

UdubBadger
09-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Ok but interested? Add name to list

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

PHZ
09-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Ok but interested? Add name to list

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Isn't list a firm commitment?

UdubBadger
09-22-2012, 07:28 AM
a firm commitment of interest - not like on E46f or something where 300 people sign up for a group buy but they can't even get 20 to pay.

If it's something you will follow through on if the price and dates work for you then sign up.

WOLFN8TR
09-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Isn't list a firm commitment?

Don't do it, it's a trap!

PHZ
09-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Ok, understood.

I guess my next question is.... What exactly are we talking about. Lol.

"Tuning" means lots of things to my uneducated self.

UdubBadger
09-22-2012, 04:45 PM
read here
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6248-Eurocharged-Performance-Tuning-Thread&highlight=eurocharged

PHZ
09-22-2012, 09:04 PM
I did read, thank you :)

All 12 pages.

There were SO many conversations and questions going on, I'm no more educated than I was.

What , exactly, will be tuned?
There seem to be so many options ( a good thing).... But I don't know what the price or option range actually is.

UdubBadger
09-23-2012, 06:03 AM
You really only need to read the 1st post. The ECU is tuned - "optimized" if you will. There aren't options at all, just 1 tuning - with or without the handheld unit. The customization is based on what mods or performance parts you already have on your car.

danewilson77
09-23-2012, 06:11 AM
You really only need to read the 1st post. The ECU is tuned - "optimized" if you will. There aren't options at all, just 1 tuning - with or without the handheld unit. The customization is based on what mods or performance parts you already have on your car.

So....the ECS is tuned to aftermarket intake, headers, exhaust, etc.

Does this make sense to do on a 100% stock vehicle?

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

UdubBadger
09-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Still some power left untouched in a stock car - even a k&n drop in filter helps though. However we can make a stock set up work more efficiently, you'll see both a bump in power and mpg's when tuned. On an AT you're also doing yourself a huge favor cuz of the steptronic getting a nice little overhaul.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

UdubBadger
09-24-2012, 06:12 AM
Looks like I would need at minimum 4 confirmed buyers to make the trip out worth while.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

PHZ
09-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Do we know what the final price will be?

Will it be tuned with the handheld module or another way. ( sorry, the 12 page thread and all the discussion here is a little confusing for a non gear head like me.)

UdubBadger
09-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I will be tuning it with the handheld. If you want a handheld to keep for yourself that is an additional cost.

The final price will be better if we can get more than 4 cars to do it. The retail cost is $365 so it will be at least that or less when I get the word from the bossman on pricing.

PHZ
09-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Udub

Thanx.

Do you have a link for "exactly" what would tuned (numbers @ what rpms, effects. Etc), on a manual transmission?

Also, if something were to go wrong, or if later we decided we no longer wanted the tune, how would we go about returning to stock?

UdubBadger
09-24-2012, 02:51 PM
The dyno estimates are on that 1st page of the tuning thread, I'd link but I'm on my phone.

If you don't want it, we will flash it back for you however since we are not locally represented out there we would probably have to ship you the small tuner to do it yourself - its not hard at all.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

UdubBadger
09-24-2012, 02:53 PM
If someone here would like to post a feeler thread on e46f.c and bf.c for the tuning day that might be a good way to grab some more cars for this thing.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

johnrando
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Phz: I have an AA tune, and Eurocharged worked with them on their package, so this will give you a general idea (but I have an auto). The reason for my switching btw, is that Eurocharged addresses the auto shift points and AA didn't.

So, my MPG went up 3, my throttle was more responsive, the car had a little more oomph, there was a slightly better growl, and the rev limit was raised. The only hard data I can provide for my car was the MPG and rev limit. My car was basically stock engine performance-wise except for the BMW Perf Intake. I've since added a UUC TSE3 exhaust. Some of the tuning is simple, like factoring in what gas you run (tuning for 91 octane and not having to tune for 89). Where the tuning really shines is if you have headers, etc.

Again, this is from my own experience, I'm no expert by any means, and mine wasn't a Eurocharged tune. Frankly, for that price, just the MPG boost alone was worth it to me, plus the other butt-dyno features. Hope that helps.

@Seth, I'll ping on e46f.c. If someone else wants to do bimmerforums, go for it. I can, but I'm rarely on there so I'd rather someone who was on more. What is the date?

UdubBadger
09-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Date is still tbd and would be up for discussion.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

johnrando
09-24-2012, 06:00 PM
I just posted in the "California" section of e46fanatics.

UdubBadger
09-24-2012, 06:08 PM
cool thanks Rando

WOLFN8TR
09-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Hey Seth do you guys basically use a OBDII flash scan to load the tuning?

Do I need the current updated DME or does it come with the tuning? How can I tell if my DME is the most recent available?

Hopefully we can make this happen, I need a road trip bad! Looking forward to meeting you guys also.

PHZ
09-24-2012, 06:42 PM
John
Thanx. It helps a bit

I'm bone stock. And will stay that way, with the exception of maybe a k&n drop in filter.

I rarely push the rims above 4.... Hit 4.5 every so often... So a tune that only effects the top band of the revs would be a waste of $$ for me. I don't know how to determine if this would be a good thing for me, since I don't really push the car. I would like better throttle response, but not at the sake of drivability. I enjoy the smoothness of the i6

And I'm in a manual.

Ud- would shipping the unit back to me to restore should that come about be an extra cost?

PHZ
09-24-2012, 06:44 PM
John
Thanx. It helps a bit

I'm bone stock. And will stay that way, with the exception of maybe a k&n drop in filter.

I rarely push the rims above 4.... Hit 4.5 every so often... So a tune that only effects the top band of the revs would be a waste of $$ for me. I don't know how to determine if this would be a good thing for me, since I don't really push the car. I would like better throttle response, but not at the sake of drivability. I enjoy the smoothness of the i6

And I'm in a manual.

Ud- would shipping the unit back to me to restore should that come about be an extra cost?

That first page shows nice HP and torque improvements, but doesn't say at what point those numbers mean anything.

johnrando
09-24-2012, 06:54 PM
I can tell you that it definitely doesn't negatively effect drive-ability. The rest of the decision is up to you.

PHZ
09-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanx John

WOLFN8TR
09-25-2012, 05:01 AM

I rarely push the rims above 4.... Hit 4.5 every so often... So a tune that only effects the top band of the revs would be a waste of $$ for me. I don't know how to determine if this would be a good thing for me, since I don't really push the car. I would like better throttle response, but not at the sake of drivability.

Not sure if you read the part where the tuning can be customized. The power can be added to the lower end, mid or top end. Refining the stock tuning to get 3 mpg more is worth it alone like John stated.

johnrando
09-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Seth, 2 more people on e46f.c are interested. Do you have an easy link to your dyno charts where they don't have to sort through a bunch of conversation, or, maybe a quick ad blurb that they can view?

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Hey Seth do you guys basically use a OBDII flash scan to load the tuning?
Do I need the current updated DME or does it come with the tuning? How can I tell if my DME is the most recent available?
Hopefully we can make this happen, I need a road trip bad! Looking forward to meeting you guys also.

We actually take your stock map (whatever version you currently have) and make our tuning changes to that. If you want to get an updated version of the stock map first, please feel free but we tune is whatever is already on your car to ensure it works properly/safely. I don't know how to tell if you have the most recent software, maybe you should post a thread for that one (sorry). It sounds like there is some interest so we can probably get this done.

John
Thanx. It helps a bit

And I'm in a manual.

I will tell you to get that K&N as it will help a lot more than you think. Our NA tunes on BMWs usually boost the numbers more in the mid RPMs than at the peak so even though we advertise peak numbers, the mid range is the part that really gets the kick in the pants.

If you are being updated (like if you get catless headers or a supercharger), my guess is return shipping would be on you (the unit isn't big - $10/$15 to ship). If you asked for it to be removed that might be different. I would say it would be up for discussion at the time its needed. We also have a 7 day money back guarantee so if we do your car and you don't like it you have a week to request we flash you back to stock and refund your money.

Seth, 2 more people on e46f.c are interested. Do you have an easy link to your dyno charts where they don't have to sort through a bunch of conversation, or, maybe a quick ad blurb that they can view?

I'll look, I am going in for the headers stuff either this weekend or next weekend and will have some before/after dynos then. I believe JayJay did an after dyno to at least show our claim of power after tuning so let me see if I can find all that and then you can also just post up that 1st post in the tuning thread so everyone knows what is going on and what the options are - I'll tweak it for this event.

Thanks buddy.

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Ok I forgot JayJay's dyno was off so we will have to wait till I get mine done for that.

PHZ
09-25-2012, 09:40 AM
I will tell you to get that K&N as it will help a lot more than you think. Our NA tunes on BMWs usually boost the numbers more in the mid RPMs than at the peak so even though we advertise peak numbers, the mid range is the part that really gets the kick in the pants.

If you are being updated (like if you get catless headers or a supercharger), my guess is return shipping would be on you (the unit isn't big - $10/$15 to ship). If you asked for it to be removed that might be different. I would say it would be up for discussion at the time its needed. We also have a 7 day money back guarantee so if we do your car and you don't like it you have a week to request we flash you back to stock and refund your money.

Thanks buddy.

Ok, thanks. I'll get the K&N. i would need to know what the price would be for removal, as i am tight in my modification budget, and can only commit to something if i know the total costs involved. I'm sure you can understand :)

If i decided i did not like it in the 7 day period, how would you "ref lash" if you are only here for one day? Sorry for the naivety of the question, this is not my area of expertise.

PHZ
09-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Not sure if you read the part where the tuning can be customized. The power can be added to the lower end, mid or top end. Refining the stock tuning to get 3 mpg more is worth it alone like John stated.

i did not read that, thank you. But, am I wrong in assuming if one adjusts more power at one end, it robs it from another? or is that old school tuning?

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Ok, thanks. I'll get the K&N. i would need to know what the price would be for removal, as i am tight in my modification budget, and can only commit to something if i know the total costs involved. I'm sure you can understand :)

If i decided i did not like it in the 7 day period, how would you "ref lash" if you are only here for one day? Sorry for the naivety of the question, this is not my area of expertise.

Well I will be in for more than one day so if you're unhappy and I'm still there, I can do it. If not - the sending out the unit would be the other way. There is no fee for removal but as I said before if its after the 7 day period there is no refund and you might be paying return shipping on the unit that gets sent out to you.

Like I said pricing will be at max $365 - the more tunes we have the further down from there it will go. (John you can put this in the e46f.c thread)

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 10:05 AM
i did not read that, thank you. But, am I wrong in assuming if one adjusts more power at one end, it robs it from another? or is that old school tuning?

technically speaking yes and no. We are basically splitting where the increased power will go, the trick to good tuning is to know how to divvy it up properly.

for driveability we are putting the bulk of our gains into the mid range, yet still gaining some top end power as well. If we were tuning a car to just hit peak numbers at 6400rpms - you'd see less of a change in the middle but a little more in the top. Our philosophy is this - Get the engine up to peak power faster and in lower RPMs while still giving a bump at the top. You spend most of your time under 5k RPMs so why not give power where it is used the most?

My old 135i made 391ft/lbs at the wheels and the best part was it was made at 2k RPMs and held up about 90% till 5k, this is how we've always tried to do street applications. For a race car that doesn't see its way out of 3rd gear most of the time - yeah we might do something differently.

PHZ
09-25-2012, 10:42 AM
technically speaking yes and no. We are basically splitting where the increased power will go, the trick to good tuning is to know how to divvy it up properly.

for driveability we are putting the bulk of our gains into the mid range, yet still gaining some top end power as well. If we were tuning a car to just hit peak numbers at 6400rpms - you'd see less of a change in the middle but a little more in the top. Our philosophy is this - Get the engine up to peak power faster and in lower RPMs while still giving a bump at the top. You spend most of your time under 5k RPMs so why not give power where it is used the most?

My old 135i made 391ft/lbs at the wheels and the best part was it was made at 2k RPMs and held up about 90% till 5k, this is how we've always tried to do street applications. For a race car that doesn't see its way out of 3rd gear most of the time - yeah we might do something differently.

Ok, that makes sense. :)
I'll try to see if i can budget that much for the modification.

Thanx again for the explanation!

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 10:58 AM
yup no problems - if you have questions just keep asking away

PHZ
09-25-2012, 11:28 AM
yup no problems - if you have questions just keep asking away

i will.
thank you for your patience :)

johnrando
09-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Well I will be in for more than one day so if you're unhappy and I'm still there, I can do it. If not - the sending out the unit would be the other way. There is no fee for removal but as I said before if its after the 7 day period there is no refund and you might be paying return shipping on the unit that gets sent out to you.

Like I said pricing will be at max $365 - the more tunes we have the further down from there it will go. (John you can put this in the e46f.c thread)

Will do. jr

UdubBadger
09-28-2012, 12:23 PM
1. John Rando - ZHP
2. WOLFN8TR - ZHP
3. PHZ -ZHP
4. John Lee - X5

UdubBadger
09-28-2012, 12:23 PM
I will be making the determination if this will be happening or not over the weekend.

johnrando
09-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Plus 2 more who expressed interest on e46f.c. One of them is waiting on a dyno chart. I thought you had one.

UdubBadger
09-28-2012, 03:50 PM
i do not yet, still waiting on my boss to give me a date for my car to go in - should be in the next 2 weeks though.

johnrando
10-01-2012, 10:21 AM
For you CA folks, I just passed SMOG with my AA tune in place, and Eurocharged worked with AA on their s/w (if I have that correct Seth).

PHZ
10-01-2012, 10:57 AM
For you CA folks, I just passed SMOG with my AA tune in place, and Eurocharged worked with AA on their s/w (if I have that correct Seth).

Would that mean that the Eurocharge tune would pass SMOG for Ca?

UdubBadger
10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Correct sir.

Little bit of good/bad news.

I am not going to be able to make it out there to tune the cars this month, however... I am talking to Jerry about coming out for the big SoCal Euro meet at Qualcomm Stadium Nov 17th (I think that was the date) for tuning. As long as we can get 10 cars or more, this will be the best chance at making it out there to tune you guys. So I do understand waiting sucks but at least its only a month. On top of that, Jerry would likely come out and be able to tune the cars in person instead of doing remote tuning through me.

ryrules1
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I can make the 17th :headbang Put me down please.

johnrando
10-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Tentatively put me down, I'll also update the e46f.c thread.

PHZ
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Would that mean that the Eurocharge tune would pass SMOG for Ca?

Any info on this?

UdubBadger
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
answered you in post #47

Correct, we can do that.

UdubBadger
10-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Interest for Tuning Nov 17th at SoCal Euro

1. John Rando - ZHP
2. WOLFN8TR - ZHP
3. PHZ -ZHP
4. John Lee - X5
5. Ryrules1

johnrando
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
How should someone from e46f.c contact you with questions?

UdubBadger
10-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Email - seth@eurocharged.com

Thx Rando

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

johnrando
10-03-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm out. Family coming into town that day.

UdubBadger
10-03-2012, 06:06 PM
come down the night before or something, we will make sure we get ya.

Hermes
10-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Seth I'm in but how do I get a MyGenius... do I need to order ahead of time so you can bring it with you?

UdubBadger
10-03-2012, 06:29 PM
ya that would make sense

WOLFN8TR
10-04-2012, 06:37 AM
I'm not sure if I can make it down that weekend. I do believe we are heading out to Arizona for Thanksgiving week so it depends when we leave. Will keep you posted.

UdubBadger
10-04-2012, 07:27 PM
k

UdubBadger
10-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Just found out this trip is not going to happen. Jerry is has other commitments which don't allow him to come out in person or even remote tune.

Sorry guys. :(

Hermes
10-25-2012, 12:59 PM
that sucks, well maybe I'll take the E21 to Qualcomm that day. Are you still coming that week?

WOLFN8TR
10-26-2012, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure if I can make it down that weekend. I do believe we are heading out to Arizona for Thanksgiving week so it depends when we leave. Will keep you posted.

Well I guess that makes it easier for me now. Still want to get some tuning in the future. Seth how does one go about getting their car done via Internet? How do you do the programming?

UdubBadger
10-26-2012, 06:41 AM
You would need a mygenius package or a laptop with some kind of tuning software on it to communicate.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

UdubBadger
10-26-2012, 06:41 AM
that sucks, well maybe I'll take the E21 to Qualcomm that day. Are you still coming that week?

No I can't make it because of funds. Hoping I can line up some work out there in January or so

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

WOLFN8TR
10-27-2012, 11:17 AM
January would work for me.