PDA

View Full Version : Canon EOS 6d

danewilson77
09-25-2012, 01:53 AM
Looking to move into this camera, Nov/Dec 2012, when it's released.

Can't wait to get back in the game.

$2099 > Making it a very affordable FF camera. D!gic 5 software, GPS, and WiFi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnPaHcV8SVo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

ryankokesh
09-25-2012, 03:04 AM
I'd also like to acquire one of those fine devices...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryans323i
09-25-2012, 04:23 AM
because full frame?

danewilson77
09-25-2012, 05:19 AM
because full frame?

Absolutely.

JupiterBMW
09-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Dane, just FYI, that's about the time I'll be home, and I'd like to purchase some sort of DSLR... Not sure what you're shooting now, but if you're looking to sell and have a Canon, let me know as my wife and I are definitely interested in getting something soon. Baby is growing up so fast, we want to capture all the moments!

It could work out just right that you have some extra cash to purchase this new bad boy.

danewilson77
09-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Sorry Joop. I sold my Nikon D5100 to Charlie.

cakM3
09-25-2012, 08:46 AM
and I thank you for the opportunity! :) :thumbsup

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 11:00 AM
because full frame?

oh c'mon - now I have nothing whitty to add to this thread...

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Personally, I think its a good mid level pro full frame however not worth the money for an enthusiast or beginner.

As we pointed out to Gheybe - a full frame sensor doesn't change your photos, your composition or your lighting, it just gives you larger images (by larger I mean like poster sized and above). Most people don't even PRINT their photos anymore - let alone will need a camera capable of making a poster sized print without enlargements.

The AF (which is fast but still not as many points as the 7D), FPS (shutter speed/frames per second), and ISO quality are all found in the 7D already (which is a crop sensor) for 1/2 the price. Yes the Digic 5 is faster than the Digic 4 but again, we talking about someone who is pushing the camera to it's limits or someone taking photos of their kids soccer games (not that anything is wrong with that). The GPS and WiFi just seem pointless to me - I am not even sure why they have that stuff on a camera in the 1st place.

Personally for all of you who are wide eyed about this camera, as a life long Canon user please take my advise very seriously. Buy a used 5DmkII if you MUST have a full frame body (I shoot with this primarily). If not, the 7D is hands down a better choice in my personal and professional opinion and I am actually saving up to buy one myself very soon.

In the end, the proof is in the photo that the person taking the photos creates, not the model of camera that is used to create it. Ask Casey - he's been shooting with a disposable camera this month to make a point.

danewilson77
09-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Points well taken. Thanks for the input Seth.

Why would you go from a 5d MKii to a 7d?

Ryans323i
09-25-2012, 12:49 PM
oh c'mon - now I have nothing whitty to add to this thread...

:rofl

Just some info, Kyle just picked up a 7d and thus far loves it. I've used it and it's really simple to adjust and the pictures are gorgeous. The auto focus is ridiculously fast and works really well with all the lenses Kyle uses (when his last camera, a canon rebel, didn't).

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 12:51 PM
The 7D would be in addition to the 5DII. I had a rebel T2i as my 2nd body/backup and I need something more professionally built for Motorsports shooting (5DII is not suited for action shots) and overall durability. Sold the T2i like a month ago and only had the 5DII since.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 12:53 PM
The auto focus is ridiculously fast and works really well with all the lenses Kyle uses (when his last camera, a canon rebel, didn't).

Exactly why I want a 7D, my rebel T2i didn't do we'll at the track.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

danewilson77
09-25-2012, 02:05 PM
OK Seth. Thanks for the info.

C Withers Media
09-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Seth, wouldn't it be great if Canon made a camera that did all of the above like Nikon did with the D700.....

......just sayin.

danewilson77
09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Seth, wouldn't it be great if Canon made a camera that did all of the above like Nikon did with the D700.....

Just sayin..

You're talking about a $2700 camera though. Kick ass camera at that.

C Withers Media
09-25-2012, 03:59 PM
If I were starting out knowing what I know now. I would start at a 7D or a D7000.

danewilson77
09-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Copy. Thanks Casey.

UdubBadger
09-25-2012, 05:00 PM

......just sayin.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/2989804_700b.jpg

danewilson77
09-25-2012, 05:02 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/2989804_700b.jpg

He did mention the 7d. Shocking in fact.

SoloEuro
09-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Personally, I think its a good mid level pro full frame however not worth the money for an enthusiast or beginner.

As we pointed out to Gheybe - a full frame sensor doesn't change your photos, your composition or your lighting, it just gives you larger images (by larger I mean like poster sized and above). Most people don't even PRINT their photos anymore - let alone will need a camera capable of making a poster sized print without enlargements.

The AF (which is fast but still not as many points as the 7D), FPS (shutter speed/frames per second), and ISO quality are all found in the 7D already (which is a crop sensor) for 1/2 the price. Yes the Digic 5 is faster than the Digic 4 but again, we talking about someone who is pushing the camera to it's limits or someone taking photos of their kids soccer games (not that anything is wrong with that). The GPS and WiFi just seem pointless to me - I am not even sure why they have that stuff on a camera in the 1st place.

Personally for all of you who are wide eyed about this camera, as a life long Canon user please take my advise very seriously. Buy a used 5DmkII if you MUST have a full frame body (I shoot with this primarily). If not, the 7D is hands down a better choice in my personal and professional opinion and I am actually saving up to buy one myself very soon.

In the end, the proof is in the photo that the person taking the photos creates, not the model of camera that is used to create it. Ask Casey - he's been shooting with a disposable camera this month to make a point.

Thank you for shedding some light on this, Seth. In actuality, I thought "because full frame" was just a funny phrase that took off after "because race car." Yes I know...I'm still a noob at photography terms. lol Its sad. But I love learning! :) ...So great info! I was actually looking at the 7D the other day. Looking at getting one wayyy down the road.