PDA

View Full Version : Dice media bridge and tunes over Bluetooth?

PHZ
09-26-2012, 05:16 AM
Anyone have review of quality of sound when using media bridge to play tunes from iPhone WITHOUT a dock?

PHZ
09-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Can anyone testify to the sound quality of media bridge over Bluetooth?

sna77
09-29-2012, 04:53 AM
I can't speak to the sound quality of the Mediabridge... but Dice products are highly unreliable in general... I've had a number of their products over the years, and was constantly disconnecting them, unplugging the car battery, resetting stuff. It was literally a weekly occurrence. I discovered the Intravee and have never looked back. I'm not streaming Bluetooth (which by definition is low audio quality), but I have rock solid reliability and great sound quality...

ryankokesh
09-29-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm actually on my second mediabridge this week. (First one wouldn't pair with anything) Every once in a while between songs I hear very faint noise artifacts, but sound quality in general over Bluetooth is totally fine. I use it for streaming pandora and navigation, although Siri isn't awesome because of the mic. I have it in the stock location, but I'm thinking it might fair better elsewhere.
The mediabridge definitely is known to have reliability problems, but don't not get it because you're worried about bt audio quality.
I actually got a refurbished one for a great price on amazon, which is probably why my bt didn't work the first time around. The company sent out a brand new unit within a week though, so no complaints from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UdubBadger
09-29-2012, 06:42 AM
Eli (my car's P.O.) had the DICE comparible in the car when I got it (the name escapes me for some reason - iSimple maybe? :dunno). Anyway, it was decent but no where even close to what it sounds like now with the Dynavin. CD quality is still probably the best with the stock radio.

PHZ
09-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Eli (my car's P.O.) had the DICE comparible in the car when I got it (the name escapes me for some reason - iSimple maybe? :dunno). Anyway, it was decent but no where even close to what it sounds like now with the Dynavin. CD quality is still probably the best with the stock radio.

Seth-
You were playing tunes over BT, or through DICE wired connection?

UdubBadger
09-29-2012, 07:13 AM
I guess it was wired actually now that I think about it.

Dynavin has BT and I've used it once or twice - not amazing but it works. The interface sucks though cuz it takes you to the phone screen to play music.

ryrules1
09-29-2012, 07:28 AM
I have a DICE MeidaBridge ( I forget the exact model #) and the bluetooth works O.K.

In genreal I would not recommend a DICE product. Every month or so I have to disconnect the CD tray harness in the trunk because the interface freezes. Also I had to play with the E/Q on the dash for about a month to reduce the constant feedback the product puts out.

I would not buy again. My advise, look elsewhere.

PHZ
09-29-2012, 07:53 AM
So the alternative is Intravee?
Does that sell out of the UK?

328ioc
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Look into the Denison Gateway. I am planning on ordering it for my Ipod but I am not sure about its bluetooth options.

PHZ
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Look into the Denison Gateway. I am planning on ordering it for my Ipod but I am not sure about its bluetooth options.

Tried for 45 minutes to log on to Denison's website... No access... Is this a bad sign for the company?

sna77
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
So the alternative is Intravee?
Does that sell out of the UK?

2 options.

#1. Most compatible, future proof etc:
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7643-OEM-Aux-USB-charging-kit-I-put-together-for-lt-100/page2

#2. Intravee:
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7107-Intravee-II-iPod-DIY-Install-amp-Review-%28For-cars-with-Nav%29

328ioc
10-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Tried for 45 minutes to log on to Denison's website... No access... Is this a bad sign for the company?

Maybe. Looks like I may need to consider another option.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PHZ
10-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Maybe. Looks like I may need to consider another option.

any luck?

Go Horns!
10-16-2012, 09:00 AM
If you are willing to ditch the stock radio, then it gets a whole lot easier. The aftermarket head units now have great bluetooth compatibility. Here is what I did:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6324-Stereo-installed-finally

328ioc
10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
any luck?

I am actually about to order it today.

I talked to a friend of mine who has the media bridge in his M5 and he loves it.

He will be assisting me with the install next weekend hopefully.

PHZ
10-16-2012, 10:37 AM
If you are willing to ditch the stock radio, then it gets a whole lot easier. The aftermarket head units now have great bluetooth compatibility. Here is what I did:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6324-Stereo-installed-finally
i have NAV... too costly
and i prefer oem look

PHZ
10-16-2012, 10:38 AM
I am actually about to order it today.

I talked to a friend of mine who has the media bridge in his M5 and he loves it.

He will be assisting me with the install next weekend hopefully.

So media bridge and NOT gateway?

328ioc
10-16-2012, 10:55 AM
So media bridge and NOT gateway?

Yes, I realized the Media Bridge would be a better idea cost wise than the Denison+OEM Bluetooth.

Probably better performance as well.

bimmeryota
10-16-2012, 11:28 AM
I can't speak to the sound quality of the Mediabridge... but Dice products are highly unreliable in general... I've had a number of their products over the years, and was constantly disconnecting them, unplugging the car battery, resetting stuff. It was literally a weekly occurrence. I discovered the Intravee and have never looked back. I'm not streaming Bluetooth (which by definition is low audio quality), but I have rock solid reliability and great sound quality...

I had bad luck with the dice also but will look in to the intravenous. Where's the best place for this? I swapped my radio for a newer one since I've got an 02 and did a BMW aux input. Works great but need BT

johnrando
10-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Good to see you around Joe. :hi

bimmeryota
10-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Likewise! We need a SoCal meet up sometime, I couldn't make the NorCal meet.

328ioc
10-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Ordered my DICE. It should be here this week.

telijah
12-05-2012, 07:15 AM
How is yours with BT? I got my Monday, and while I haven't permanently run the wires or anything, I did plug it in and connected the phone to test out the BT audio. It was very quiet and I was getting a constant feedback sound like a "tick... tick... tick...". I've disconnected it all for now until I can properly mount it all, but I hope it was just a fluke.

328ioc
12-05-2012, 07:39 AM
How is yours with BT? I got my Monday, and while I haven't permanently run the wires or anything, I did plug it in and connected the phone to test out the BT audio. It was very quiet and I was getting a constant feedback sound like a "tick... tick... tick...". I've disconnected it all for now until I can properly mount it all, but I hope it was just a fluke.

Mine works fine. I think once you get it set up there is a setting for bluetooth volume but dont quote me on that. I dont have my manual infront of me.

ryankokesh
12-05-2012, 07:41 AM
I get a very faint tick tick tick when I turn the volume way up and there isn't any sound playing at the time. At my normal listening level I don't hear it though. Maybe I just have bad ears :dunno

For what it's worth, there is no tick at all if you plug it into the USB. So for the rare occasions I want to listen to something very loud, I just use an iPod I keep plugged in in the glove box.

telijah
12-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Mine works fine. I think once you get it set up there is a setting for bluetooth volume but dont quote me on that. I dont have my manual infront of me.

I have the manual open in front of me and do not see anything like that, however I do know that my phone has a separate BT volume control that I forgot to look at, so I will look at that when I install it this weekend.

I get a very faint tick tick tick when I turn the volume way up and there isn't any sound playing at the time. At my normal listening level I don't hear it though. Maybe I just have bad ears :dunno

For what it's worth, there is no tick at all if you plug it into the USB. So for the rare occasions I want to listen to something very loud, I just use an iPod I keep plugged in in the glove box.

Thats precisely the sound I am getting, and was only there when I turned the volume up real loud on the radio control.

328ioc
12-08-2012, 08:09 AM
OK, I played around with mine and I think I was thinking of the Bluetooth volume on the phone. Turn that all the way up and you should be good.