PDA

View Full Version : Brake dust repellant

PHZ
10-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Cleaned my wheels today. Sonax. Then soap and water, the a final coat with Croftgate Wheel and Tire Sine.

VERY nice.

I then did a test, using Meguiars Brake Dust Repellant spray on driver's side, Croftgate Quick n Slick on the other.

Drove around SoCal for a good hour. Got home, fair amount of dust on all wheels.

NOTICEABLY Less dust on the Quick n Sick side.

Clean up- though both sides cleaned off rather quickly, the Croftgate side was much easier to clean (perhaps because there was less dust to begin with?)

I don't know if the results would be different if I had not used the Wheel and Tire Sine.... But I LIKE the results.

johnrando
10-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Good info, thanks. Let us know long term results.

PHZ
10-09-2012, 04:34 AM
3 days in. Dust still wiping off much easier on Quick n Slick side. Also not as much accumulation.

Smilez
10-09-2012, 04:49 AM
good to know. will be buying some soon.

webster
10-09-2012, 06:13 AM
on the topic at hand...yesterday i detailed my rims and then applied a coat of Wolf's WR-1NT Rim Shield (Nano Rim Sealant) (http://www.detailersdomain.com/Wolfs-Chemicals-WR-1NT-Rim-Shield_p_530.html). i will create a product review thread after a bit of driving to see how well it works.

PHZ
10-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Would love to hear how it works... And if its a good value.

Side note- all the Croftgate stuff is environmentally friendly, non toxic, and completely useable on the confines of a garage.

Even the aforementioned Multi-Clean does NOT require that you hose it down afterwards. Just wipe off, which for me makes for a great cold weather / garage solution.

Wiped down the wheels again tonite after commute.... No comparison of Meguiars Brake Dust Repellant to the Quick n Slick as an after cleaning repellent.

M0nk3y
10-10-2012, 04:55 AM
Interested if you can do a side-by-side comparison with Poorboys Wheel Sealant or similar.

PHZ
10-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Interested if you can do a side-by-side comparison with Poorboys Wheel Sealant or similar.

I do not have any poorboys... Though I used to use it on my old 2004 330ci. I actually think this product performs better.... But I'm old and my memory is not so good... But I "can" say that there is NO comparison on application. The poorboys took a ZLONG time to apply/ buff. This product just sprays on. You can either leave it or wipe off after a few. Seconds as opposed to many sweat filled minutes.

johnrando
10-11-2012, 07:21 AM
My po-boys works great. I rarely have to really clean/sonax my wheels. Make no mistake the brake dust accumulates, but I just easily wipe it off with a mf rag. Plus, having chrome wheels helps to, it wipes off pretty easily.

PHZ
10-16-2012, 06:50 AM
:like