PDA

View Full Version : Googling Them In

kayger12
01-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Just wanted to share:

A while back, the Boss talked about being mindful of titling threads in a way that might bring people to the site. About the same time, I was looking for help from you guys on my corner bulb replacement with the coupe so I started a thread and made the title of the thread exactly what I had previously Googled: "E46 coupe corner bulb replacement."

Anywho, fast forward a few weeks- for sh^ts and giggles I just Googled, "e46 coupe corner bulb replacement," and guess what comes up first site, first page...

:)N >Google

danewilson77
01-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Ninja > Google? I don't understand.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-18-2011, 07:36 AM
And if you take out the word "coupe," you still get a first-page hit.

As Keith said, you always want to create thread titles that are logical. I do not search for things using FS when I am looking for things that are for sale.

You'll notice that I have gone through the classified section and made sure that every for sale thread has "for sale" in it. I've always clarified thread names to make sure that the outside world knows what the thread is about -- even though we do here.

For example, hypothetical thread title: A Nice 2004 in PA

We all know that it probably means a nice ZHP located in PA. Still, the better title is this: For Sale: 2004 BMW 330 ZHP in Pennsylvania

You guys probably don't even notice the tweaks I make on thread titles around here (just to make sure they are better formatted for those who are looking for things on the Internet -- outside of this forum).

kayger12
01-18-2011, 07:45 AM
:)N > Google? I don't understand.

^^^Fixed

Used the wrong ninja. Was going for the Marcus mastering Google effect.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Was doing some spot checks today on various searches.

ZHP BMW. Number two. ZHP 330. Number two. ZHP Performance Package. Number three.

Bottom line? Getting great Google traffic these days. Lots of people looking for ZHP stuff.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Just got back to my destination. Am now using the laptop to conduct those same searches. Different results. Strange how the iPad and the laptop yield such different results.

az3579
02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
You might be getting more hits under ZHP Mafia. Every day I wear it, I continue to get people asking me what ZHP Mafia means. Usually the first word out of their mouths is "Mafia?"
Today I had a co-worker look it up on his iPhone and found the forum immediately, so it does the trick.

danewilson77
02-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Represent Botond. Nice.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Marcus-SanDiego
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
You might be getting more hits under ZHP Mafia. Every day I wear it, I continue to get people asking me what ZHP Mafia means. Usually the first word out of their mouths is "Mafia?"
Today I had a co-worker look it up on his iPhone and found the forum immediately, so it does the trick.

No doubt. It's definitely not a traditional name. I'm not surprised to hear this.

Good work, BP.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-15-2011, 10:52 PM
So, I can see why we're now getting more and more visits and page views on a daily basis. We're consistently on page one of every ZHP-related search on Google. We're also moving toward the top of page one, which is critical to our site getting found by users.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
All right. Fess up. Which one of you guys did a Google search of this today: zhp is not special

danewilson77
04-04-2011, 04:29 PM
:rofl