PDA

View Full Version : Dinan Free Flow Exhaust

JimN9NE
10-27-2012, 01:58 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has the Dinan exhaust on their ZHP, and how it compares to the ZHP stock exhaust...performance gains? weighs less? louder?

Any feedback will do, thanks.

Johal E32
10-27-2012, 02:17 PM
I have it on my 323i, and I like it. It's pretty tame, so it's not much louder than my dad's old zhp. It has NO drone on the freeway, and it sounds a tad louder than the zhp exhaust but it is significantly lighter (weight wise). Performance gains are maybe like 1-2 hp, nothing too noticeable.

JimN9NE
10-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Sounds exactly what i want then, appreciate the info!

Johal E32
10-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, Dinan products are nice because there is no downside to any of their products except for the price, lol!

JupiterBMW
10-27-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm actually really close to ordering this exhaust too... :)

Johal E32
10-27-2012, 05:17 PM
^ you should do it! dinan stage 2 ecu + dinan intake + dinan exhaust = :drool

JupiterBMW
10-27-2012, 05:19 PM
No no, you've got it all wrong.... Exhaust + intake + throttle body + stage 3 ecu = :drool

cakM3
10-27-2012, 05:47 PM
or just get the twin screw sc :thumbsup

JupiterBMW
10-27-2012, 05:49 PM

Sure, just send me your full name, credit card number, expiration, and 3 digit code on the back. :biggrin

JKO_ZHP
10-27-2012, 06:02 PM

I heard the E46's transmission (M3s excluded) can't handle that HP and so if you install it, you'll be basically forced into buying a transmission swap every now and then..... :scratchinghead

zhpnsnv
10-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Had dinan exhaust (2 actually) on my MINI Cooper S - loved the sound, hated that the tips constantly rusted out where the "DINAN" was embossed.

Pretty crappy quality, in my opinion, which goes against everything I knew about Dinan. Also found the JCW stuff to be higher quality (intake, exhaust, etc...). Don't know if any of that pertains to the E46 stuff, but I'm not buying Dinan stuff anymore, that's for damn sure.

Well, I will say the tune for the R53 was to my satisfaction.

I have a full DINAN badge if anyone wants it. They're very big on not letting anyone have them unless enough "points" are amassed. I think it's a little ridiculous. Sort of want to find a chevy metro and slap the Dinan badge on it.

midlandtech
10-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Probably makes peak hp and torque high in the rec range where it's less of a strain on the transmission, diff etc

~Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
10-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Had dinan exhaust (2 actually) on my MINI Cooper S - loved the sound, hated that the tips constantly rusted out where the "DINAN" was embossed.

Pretty crappy quality, in my opinion, which goes against everything I knew about Dinan. Also found the JCW stuff to be higher quality (intake, exhaust, etc...). Don't know if any of that pertains to the E46 stuff, but I'm not buying Dinan stuff anymore, that's for damn sure.

Well, I will say the tune for the R53 was to my satisfaction.

I have a full DINAN badge if anyone wants it. They're very big on not letting anyone have them unless enough "points" are amassed. I think it's a little ridiculous. Sort of want to find a chevy metro and slap the Dinan badge on it.

Hmm, honestly man, I'd love to get my hands on it. I do not plan to stick it on my car until I acquire the necessary points. I too agree the points system is a little silly, basically just forces you to spend $$$ for the badge... But, when I do get to the true Dinan status for my car, I'd like to put one badge on the back where it belongs, and then another on the engine cover...

Part of me wants to stick on my laptop too. I think the Dinan badge would look cool on a Macbook Air... Brushed aluminum with a chrome badge... :rofl

zhpnsnv
10-27-2012, 08:11 PM
If I remember correctly the letters are red with chrome surrounding.

JupiterBMW
10-27-2012, 08:23 PM
If I remember correctly the letters are red with chrome surrounding.

Really?? :shifty Hmm... Pics?

zhpnsnv
10-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Remember it was for a MINI, and I might have gotten the choice. No pics. It's in a box somewhere.

JupiterBMW
10-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Remember it was for a MINI, and I might have gotten the choice. No pics. It's in a box somewhere.

Hmmm, Google images shows that badge, but the caption says something about being for an E36... Either way, no worries, I didn't know they had red ones... I'll pass on that account. Thanks anyway! I'll just wait and hope for that shift knob instead... :rofl

On a side note, its kind of a bummer that Dinan has lost so much respect in the community. I've always dreamed of having a white Dinan car... Now I've got my chance, but it sucks knowing that when I get it there, it won't be a "wow" car like I always thought them to be... Oh well, I'll still love it. :)

Johal E32
10-28-2012, 07:44 AM
A full dinan car is pretty damn sweet. Pretty expensive though.. But, a non supercharger Dinan 330i zhp will definitely not be that much faster than a stock 330 zhp.. With the supercharger, then you should be E46 M3 territory. :)

JupiterBMW
10-28-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm not going for fast. I'm going for enjoyable. :) A little quicker would be just fine, but I don't need much. I would just like it to be faster than the X3... Stock for stock, I don't know where I'd place my bet!