PDA

View Full Version : Body Shop Recommendations in Virginia

wmuncaster
11-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Well, I've really done it this time. I was going about 30mph down Rt.29 in Charlottesville, VA and glanced over to evaluate the traffic merging into my lane from the adjacent on-ramp when the light in front of me turned red. Despite my best effort, I couldn't stop in time to avoid a collision with the car ahead. Luckily, I was able to shave all but a few miles per hour off by the time we hit and no airbags deployed, everyone was fine, etc.

As with most of us, I'm a fairly meticulous owner/operator. My wife pokes fun at me for constantly parking in the absolute most sparsely-populated section of a lot (which she refers to as "the desert"), which I do in hopes of avoiding door-dings. Needless to say, this is my first accident.

Now that the insurance claim is filed, I've got to figure out where to take the car to get it properly shaped-up. The car is a 2004 ZHP Coupe and I live in Charlottesville, VA. The car is drive-able and I am willing to go anywhere in Virginia or DC in order to have the repair work done properly - I am a former BMW technician and I know the value of having BMW expertise and a fully-equipped high-end shop backing the work.

Here's a quick run-down of the damage: Front bumper cover and support bent/dis-aligned. Kidney grills broken. Hood dented/pushed rearwards/folded up. Adaptive xenons/brackets/surrounds bent/broken/damaged. Misc. trim damage. No mechanical damage - car runs and drives fine.

I've done some searching here, on BMWCCA and e90post and two names have popped up: Wagonwork and D&V Autobody (both in NoVA). Can anyone speak to their reputability or offer any other suggestions? While I certainly want the paint and body repairs done properly, the adaptive xenons will also need to be realigned, checked and re-calibrated (if not replaced). I understand this aspect may need to be done by a dealer with ISIS or GT1 but I'd prefer a body shop with enough expertise to, at a minimum, have knowledge of such things.

Thanks for your help guys!

Vas
11-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Nice to see another member in my area. I am just over the mountain in Harrisonburg.

My cousin actually works at a body shop here in Harrisonburg called Advantix. Don't know if that interests you or not however he also fixes cars as a side job for members on s2ki.

danewilson77
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
What is s2ki?

Whitexi
11-12-2012, 09:22 AM
What is s2ki?

S2000 maybe as in the Honda ? That's usually short for them at least in Honda land.

danewilson77
11-12-2012, 09:34 AM
ok

deuce08s
11-12-2012, 09:40 AM
S2000 maybe as in the Honda ? That's usually short for them at least in Honda land.

He is correct.....

Vas
11-12-2012, 10:47 AM
S2ki.com is the forum and it is for the s2000 Honda.

wmuncaster
11-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Nice to see another member in my area. I am just over the mountain in Harrisonburg.

My cousin actually works at a body shop here in Harrisonburg called Advantix. Don't know if that interests you or not however he also fixes cars as a side job for members on s2ki.

Thanks Vas! Always good to hear of other members close by!

I checked out Advantix' website and I think I'm looking for a shop that's a bit more BMW/Euro-centric. I really appreciate the heads-up, though!

Vas
11-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Anytime. :)

Btw don't mean to pour salt on your wounds but you have any pictures ?

wmuncaster
11-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Anytime. :)

Btw don't mean to pour salt on your wounds but you have any pictures ?

No salt at all! I actually planned to take pics this afternoon. The car is parked at my father-in-law's house (about 3 miles away from mine) so I grabbed my camera to snap some photos for just this purpose! Unfortunately when I got there and had the camera ready out and ready to go I realized my wife had taken the SD card out to download some family photos the night before.

I'll get some pics of the carnage up in the next day or two...