PDA

View Full Version : CR Spotless Car Wash De-Ionized WaterSystem

webster
11-14-2012, 09:22 AM
I have been washing my own car for the past few months. One of the biggest issues in so doing has been water spots. Hand drying the car post-wash is a pain in the freaking ass, usually by the time I'm done with half the car the other half has already begun to dry. This defeats the purpose, right?

So I came across this deionizing water system made by a company called CR Spotless that supposedly produces water that will air dry with no residue-forming deposits that cause the water spots. Their website is here: http://www.crspotless.com/

They have a few variations of size and setup. The price intially seemed pretty steep; in fact it is. I decided to try the medium size one to see how it worked. The specific model is the DI-120 listed here: http://www.crspotless.com/de-ionizing-water-systems/medium-output-stand-system.html

After 4 or 5 washes, I must say this thing is totally freaking awesome. It comes out of the box ready to go. Just connect the spigot to the "IN" side and the hose to the "OUT" side. Ready to go! The water from this thing is so pure and clean it actually feels like it's polishing the car. It leaves the surface so smooth; it sets up polishing/sealing/waxing perfectly.

But the main thing is it truly does live up to the claim of spotless water. You can leave the car totally drenched in DI water and a few hours later the car will have dried to a spotless clean.

The system comes with a built-in sensor to monitor the level of impurities that build up. Once it gets to a certain level you have to order a replacement resin bag, about $50. From my estimation I will get 30-40 washes per bag.

Overall I am very impressed with this thing. I had my doubts, but it works. Full endorsement. And no more towel drying!

Johnmadd
11-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Nice find, I need one of these.

328ioc
11-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Awesome review. I need to look into this.

09mageec
11-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Use a shammy and lightly spray the parts of the car that are drying quicker as you dry the rest. I never have water spots. Just gotta take that little extra time to make her look extra special. I also clean the car about three times a week with a thik wax/wash so that helps as well.

webster
11-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Use a shammy and lightly spray the parts of the car that are drying quicker as you dry the rest. I never have water spots. Just gotta take that little extra time to make her look extra special. I also clean the car about three times a week with a thik wax/wash so that helps as well.

while that technique makes sense, it's still a lot of extra work to physically hand dry the entire car. also, you inevitably will create swirling with that much contact with a towel.

09mageec
11-14-2012, 03:52 PM
I feel ya but, I have alot of time and I like spending it on the the car. Inside and out. I worked as a detailer for a year and a half so it doesn't bother me. I also change the microfiber washing mits and towels every couple of months. That and I do a full wax and clay bar 4 times a year. With the concentrated carnauba wash/ wax it holds up pretty well. I constantly get compliments on the paint, and with the car having 170k on it, that makes me pretty happy. This water system looks LEGIT though.

Junior2552
11-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Props to the guy that was like, "eff this towel business." I'm not sure it's worth that though. I'll just wash it in the garage, out of the sunlight, and continue using a towel. No water spots or smears.

jeff57ax
11-18-2012, 06:09 AM
With regards to "I'm not sure it is worth it though".........The unit is $250, and according to Webster, you get 40 washes, and a replacement cartridge costs $50. So $300 investment will give you about 80 car washes......so that's about $3.75 per wash. So there is the value proposition.

Cool "technology", something hi-tech to use to care for your car, frees your time up to do something else......hmmm

az3579
11-18-2012, 06:29 AM
The problem with this product is that it requires a host, which many of us don't have access to. :(
For me, I do have access but it's a complete PITA to get my car to it. Nothing's ever easy!

danewilson77
11-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Couldn't one just buy the Mr.Clean version of this? That's what I have. Was about $50 with an extra filter.

This one is $69.00
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-AutoDry-System-Starter/dp/B0006M56CE

ryankokesh
11-18-2012, 09:35 AM
How do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77
11-18-2012, 09:53 AM
How do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it. I have well water too. Lots of minerals. I wash it on unfiltered setting. Final rinse filtered. No spots.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

webster
11-19-2012, 07:08 AM
i looked into the Mr Clean version...found a few threads comparing the Mr Clean to the CR Spotless and most people who used both said the CR performed much better...not saying the Mr Clean version sucks or anything, i just went with the better reviewed product (amazon reviews support this as well). with most things in life you get what you pay for...

RITmusic2k
11-19-2012, 10:00 AM
That CR Spotless unit looks like a great product - if I had the budget for it I'd probably go for that, but I'd definitely say that the Mr. Clean kit is no slouch. I use it like Dane does - wash the car as I normally would, then do an after-rinse in the filtered mode. Works like a charm. I also find that using the autowash in soap mode is makes clay barring the car a much faster and easier process than when using a spray-on quick detailer.