PDA

View Full Version : Going to look at a 2006 BMW 330 ZHP Coupe fully loaded w/ auto and 30K for $20,900

Go Horns!
01-19-2011, 10:13 PM
I've been in the market for a new car for about 6 months, and after I learned about the ZHP I knew I had to have one. I want a manual, but I have been looking all over and finding a manual hard top with comparable miles and fully loaded for this price is not happening. Especially not 45 minutes from me in Longview, Texas. Plus my bank will give me a sweet rate if I get a car already in Texas.

The car is an older lady's who has grown tired of it. She used it to drive from her house into town, but it mostly sat in the garage. Her husband has agreed to a PPI and has all the maintenance records, and I have a copy of the E46 wiki printed out, but is there anything else I should look for?

My current ride is a 1999 2-Door Chevy Tahoe 4x4, so I am looking forward to the big bump in gas mileage and handling. I got it in 2001 and I am never getting rid of it. I guess I just have a thing for cars that you can't buy new even if you wanted to.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-19-2011, 10:20 PM
First, welcome to the site. Hook 'em Horns.

Good luck with the purchase. You might want to pose your purchase questions in the classifieds section. There is a thread called "Is it a good deal?" We can use that thread to answer any and all questions -- and we can tell you what else to look for. Here is the thread (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?374-BMW-330-ZHP-Buyers-Corner-Is-it-a-good-deal).

danewilson77
01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the Mafia.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kayger12
01-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Welcome and good luck.

mimalmo
01-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Welcome, sounds like a nice car. Keep us posted on what you find.

jvr826
01-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Welcome!

<wet blanket>
If you want a manual, wait until you find a manual. IMO, it's too big of a "feature" to compromise on. Also IMO, a car that has been sitting around and driven on short trips only is not the best find either.
</wet blanket>