PDA

View Full Version : facelift right bixenon headlight

mr hish
12-03-2012, 07:31 AM
so the other day i parked my car at the supermarket when i came out found that someone had broke my right headlight now i cant find another one near me :s do u guys know somewhere i can order it from ? thanks

nike001
12-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Do you need a whole new headlight or just the lens?

jack.chris33 (i think that's the combo for his username) has whole headlight assemblies if that's what you need. OR, Khoalty has just the lenses you can buy. I have them, and they seem to be on par with OEM

JKO_ZHP
12-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Khoalty sells DEPO headlights with angel eyes in them already. I don't recommend that you buy theirs unless you have the cash and plan on retrofitting other projectors into them because the headlight quality is crap.
I bought them before for my facelift 325Ci and the AE's were bright, but the halogen projectors weren't very bright and were aimed too low in front of the car. And you can't adjust the level either, there's an opening for an Allen key but its super soft plastic and bends.

Umnitza may have some good ones, their quality is usually good but their customer service is absolute garbage and their pricing is usually high.

az3579
12-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't pay any money for Depo lights. Typically aftermarket stuff isn't as good quality.
Keep searching eBay.

Something tells me that it's just the headlight lens that's broken. If that's the case, you can just buy a pair of lenses and you'll be alright! Much cheaper than a headlight.

mr hish
12-04-2012, 08:10 AM
oh ok thanks guys yea the lens is broken but am a bit hesitant about removing the old one and water drops would enter to the headlight because here in lebanon no one knows how to do the baking process so that is why i cant put angel eyes :s

nike001
12-04-2012, 08:47 AM
I didn't even notice you had a coupe.

Yeah, you're going to have a to go a different route other than buying lenses. AFAIK, you can't buy just the lenses for the coupe. You may need to get a whole new light..

mr hish
12-04-2012, 09:04 AM
yea that is my point anywys a friend of mine called a few minutes ago said he found me one so probably am goin tomorrow morning to check it, btw the xenons i have on my coupe are AL so if the headlight he got is a zkw is their a chance i might have a problem ?

nike001
12-04-2012, 09:06 AM
ZKW never made coupe lights IIRC. The ZKW problem with the projector bowls are limited to the sedans.

So if it's a xenon unit, chances are it's the same light.

mr hish
12-04-2012, 09:07 AM
so mainly all coupes came with AL's right ?

Crickett
12-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Ninja'd.

nike001
12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
so mainly all coupes came with AL's right ?

for xenons... as far as i know, yes

mr hish
12-04-2012, 09:15 AM
ok great then i shouldn't face any problem . thanks a lot for your help mister.

RedTRex
12-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah bummer, only sedan lenses replaceable..... http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=BD53&mospid=47713&hg=63

Did you look at car-part.com yet?

az3579
12-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Just check the part number on the replacement headlight assembly and see if it matches.

jack.chris328
12-04-2012, 06:02 PM
No ZKW lights originally came on coupes, any year. That isn't to say I haven't put them on there. :shifty But for a facelift coupe there is no ZKW lights available. So if you find a facelift coupe light, be it xenon or halogen, the lens will work for a swap. They used the same lens on both. Just be careful when pulling the lens apart and make sure no mastic hangs down and attaches anywhere, as it is a son of a b*#ch to get off and could take some coating with it.

Avetiso
12-10-2012, 11:41 PM
How far are you from Sacramento, CA? Lot's of shops here. Other than that, you can try calling your local LKQ. They have salvage yards across the nation and can ship parts to you for free, usually.