PDA

View Full Version : BavAuto High Performance Ignition Coils

iZHP
12-16-2012, 08:35 AM
This is mostly a warning to stay away from this product.

I had 3 ignition coils that were bad, so I thought to get the high performance kit from BavAuto, since it was on sale.

When I unboxed the first one, I wasn't too happy.

After replacing all the coils and boots, I had worse rough-running issues.

I ordered up OEM Bremi coils, swapped those in, and my car was back to being itself again.

Had I known these were Chinese aftermarket, I wouldn't have ordered them. Nothing against BavAuto, I go to them first for everything, and they are terrific with their customer service. Took the coils back no problem.
These may work for someone else, but my car didn't like them at all.

Also changed the cabin filter while I was in there

-Sent via iPhone 5

quikryptonite
12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Good to know. Thanks.

Torxuvin
12-17-2012, 01:50 PM
That's disappointing. I picked up their floor mats and like them. They are from Germany though.

Vas
12-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for sharing. Now I will stay away. OEM coils FTW.

kayger12
12-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Good info. Thanks for posting.

johnrando
12-17-2012, 03:19 PM
+1

danewilson77
12-17-2012, 03:22 PM
You don't know how many times I've gotten their magazines and almost bought these. Glad I didn't. Thanks for confirming.

CERF04ZHP
12-20-2012, 05:55 AM
You don't know how many times I've gotten their magazines and almost bought these. Glad I didn't. Thanks for confirming.

+1

JupiterBMW
12-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Wow great post, thanks for posting. But perhaps someone else has used them and can post reviews. ONE set is hardly indicative of the product as a whole. Never a good idea to juat have 1 test subject before making a determination. Perhaps other have real reviews from friends or even another forum??

Sent from my hybrid iPhone 4/4S... :shifty

webster
12-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Wow great post, thanks for posting. But perhaps someone else has used them and can post reviews. ONE set is hardly indicative of the product as a whole. Never a good idea to juat have 1 test subject before making a determination. Perhaps other have real reviews from friends or even another forum??

Sent from my hybrid iPhone 4/4S... :shifty

if you do a search on E46f.c or bf.c you will find unanimous reviews that the Bav Auto coils are POS

JupiterBMW
12-21-2012, 06:09 PM
if you do a search on E46f.c or bf.c you will find unanimous reviews that the Bav Auto coils are POS

Hah, that'll do! Thanks for posting! Parts now considered as garbaggio!

danewilson77
12-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Hah, that'll do! Thanks for posting! Parts now considered as garbaggio!

Kind of surprised they still sell them if they're crap. You would think BavAuto would have pulled them from their lineup.

JupiterBMW
12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Kind of surprised they still sell them if they're crap. You would think BavAuto would have pulled them from their lineup.

I agree, but sadly there will always be someone that doesn't take the time to do research...

danewilson77
12-21-2012, 06:33 PM
I agree, but sadly there will always be someone that doesn't take the time to do research...

But wouldn't they refund if the product is bad. I mean it seems like more trouble than it's worth....though I'm sure they've adequately cost analyzed this.

JupiterBMW
12-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Yeah you would think... I've never ordered from BavAuto, but this thread is making me not want to...

danewilson77
12-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah you would think... I've never ordered from BavAuto, but this thread is making me not want to...

Lol... There's people that literally swear by them. This may be just an oddball bad product they offer.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

iZHP
12-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Lol... There's people that literally swear by them. This may be just an oddball bad product they offer.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Definitely a bad product that should be pulled, but in no way reflects their company.
They have some of the best prices, customer service, and FAST shipping. And I mean fast...I'm in NJ (they're in NH) and if I place an order today, I'll have it tomorrow.
They gladly took the bad coils back, which makes me believe they've had customer complaints in the past.
I would consider my experience a good "review" of them, since the car became un-drivable with them installed.
It's been 2 weeks with the OEM Bremi's installed, and the car is running like a top.

-Sent via iPhone 5

Torxuvin
12-23-2012, 06:56 PM

I had a great experience ordering from them. Good job answering questions. Got it pretty quickly. Well packaged items.

JupiterBMW
12-24-2012, 04:37 AM
Definitely a bad product that should be pulled, but in no way reflects their company.
They have some of the best prices, customer service, and FAST shipping. And I mean fast...I'm in NJ (they're in NH) and if I place an order today, I'll have it tomorrow.
They gladly took the bad coils back, which makes me believe they've had customer complaints in the past.
I would consider my experience a good "review" of them, since the car became un-drivable with them installed.
It's been 2 weeks with the OEM Bremi's installed, and the car is running like a top.

-Sent via iPhone 5

Can I ask what symptoms you had with the bad coils? My brother has an S2000 that is running like crap right now, throwing misfire codes all over the place. Its a known issue with those cars, but I still think his coils are failing. We just replaced the plugs which helped a lot, but not nearly enough. When you drive it now, it runs ok at times, and then craps out and barely accelerates at other times. But you can definitely hear/feel the cylinders cutting in and out, which makes me think its the coils versus the valve lash (something else they say to check).

Yass_ZHP
07-18-2013, 07:14 AM
Wow, about to click on the proceed to checkout on the BavAuto website when I thought to my self, ¨Better check what the mafia thinks about them¨ good thing I checked, Im getting OEM then....