PDA

View Full Version : Jko zhp

JKO_ZHP
01-02-2013, 02:56 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/4b9e6a7380fbb999edbedc485e7a5b2d/tumblr_mg0sfyWVNx1r2z3guo1_500.jpg

Lighting:
6000K Orion V2s
CREE LED reverse lights
LED interior (trunk, foot wells, glove compartment, rear plate, dome, reading lights)
LED (front) turn signals
Osram CBI D2S bulbs
Projector fog lights
-Morimoto 35W 6000K HID kit

Performance: (more to come)
BMW Performance strut bar
BMW Performance intake

Visuals:
Gloss black vinyl wrapped roof (not rails though)
Custom plate
Blackout roundels
Clear reflectors
Hamann replica CF fog duct covers (painted silbergrau)
Gloss black grilles
Rho plate tow hook (side mounted front plate)
CF splitters

Next on the list in no particular order:
VMR VB3 in hyper black
Exhaust (undecided on brand)
Lower race mesh
Clear or smoked side markers w/ LED
Illuminated door sills
Recaro Pole Position
Schrick cams
CF wrap or overlay interior cube trim
Suspension (undecided on brand)
V1
Shark injector
Vorsteiner trunk (unless some other brand has good fitment)
Debadge "330Ci"
Vinyl wrap entire exterior (metallic blue? matte blue? TBA)

Random:
-MFEST windshield decal - because M logo on wheels/steering wheel. :p
Jk. Hung out with the guys at a couple meets in my backyard, been on the forums, like the group.
-IMPEX MOTORSPORTS rear passenger window decal - where 99% of the mods have been done.
-Khoalty rear passenger window decal - where 75% of the aftermarket parts came from.
-ECSTuning rear passenger window decal - because +55 HP gain. (courtesy of Dane) :roundel

*Decided not to Twin-Screw the ZHP even if money wasn't an issue. This vehicle is auto for a reason and was (still is) meant to be my DD and means of transportation from point A to point B. SC'ing will decrease the life of the ZHP and I can't trust myself with 300+ HP just yet.

Torxuvin
01-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Looks like you're off to a good start. It's so easy to get carried away modding. You seem to have a good reminder about the purpose of the car. (I have to remind myself quite often)

My vote on the wrap is a bright metallic blue. Then again, I am pretty much in love with estoril so I'm a little biased.

JKO_ZHP
01-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Looks like you're off to a good start. It's so easy to get carried away modding. You seem to have a good reminder about the purpose of the car. (I have to remind myself quite often)

My vote on the wrap is a bright metallic blue. Then again, I am pretty much in love with estoril so I'm a little biased.

I am too, any blue works for me actually like interlaces blue. Just not smurf blue.....
The pic above was teasing me, the blue reflection of someone's AE's was like a mini preview haha

derbo
01-02-2013, 11:55 PM

I bought my ZHP with the intention of not modifying it beyond rims and coilovers...so you how much I reminded myself..hahah .

Good start! What do you mean by lower race mesh on your to do list?

I always wanted the illuminated door sills too..

johnrando
01-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Nice list JKO. Keep us posted. You can find V1s at decent prices on e46f.c

az3579
01-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Good start! What do you mean by lower race mesh on your to do list?

I think he's referring to this kind of mesh:

http://www.trucktastic.com/images/P/RaceMesh%20E53%2520X5%2520kidneys.jpg

JKO_ZHP
01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Nice list JKO. Keep us posted. You can find V1s at decent prices on e46f.c

Doesn't Valentine update their V1's with new software every now and then? I was told to buy new since buying an old one at a lower price may still carry the risk of having an obsolete version if it didn't have the latest detection software (something along those lines) that works with K-band radars.

I think he's referring to this kind of mesh:

http://www.trucktastic.com/images/P/RaceMesh%20E53%2520X5%2520kidneys.jpg

Yep. The factory plastic is fading and becoming discolored; forgot what the site was, but the one I found last time lets you customize it too. From matte black to gloss black, chrome, etc. and is also much stronger material, doesn't stain, etc.

johnrando
01-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Buy an older one and you can update the s/w direct from valentine (if it needs it). Get the serial number of the unit, punch it into the Valentine website, and it will tell you the s/w version it's on and the recommended upgrades. The one I bought had the 2nd to latest s/w and the only upgrade really was for POP, which we don't really need here.

Pip
01-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Buy an older one and you can update the s/w direct from valentine (if it needs it). Get the serial number of the unit, punch it into the Valentine website, and it will tell you the s/w version it's on and the recommended upgrades. The one I bought had the 2nd to latest s/w and the only upgrade really was for POP, which we don't really need here.

Upgrading is pretty expensive. You have to send the unit back to the company and they upgrade or give you a new one. I'd at least check into it before you decide to go this route. It is cheaper than buying a new one, but if you pay for a used one and then upgrade it might just be worth it to buy new.

johnrando
01-07-2013, 07:50 PM
That is true... I should be clear in saying that I'd get an "old" one that is recent enough that it likely doesn't need upgrading. Then, down the line, you can upgrade it later. That's what I meant by the example of mine. It was used but didn't need a upgrade.

Pip
01-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Yea just remembered an easy way to check this out. Ask for the serial number before buying to check to see if it is in good standing and check what upgrades it needs. John is right and this is definitely a cheaper way and you know everything before buying because of the serial tracking at V1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk