PDA

View Full Version : New tires - Opinions on ContiProContact All Seasons

BlackNTan
01-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi folks, Long time since I checked in.

I've had 2 blowouts on the Falkens I had on the car when I bought my ZHP a little over a year ago and took the car in for her 60K service, and to replace a tire which had blown.

The folks at Atlantic Autowerks told me 2 of the remaining 3 tires were bald (one was less than 5 months old) and recommended getting rid of all of them. Well, what choice did I have? So they're being replaced and I should have the car back tomorrow.

They were very big on Contintental ProContact All Seasons, saying that all of their customers have been very happy with them (they service BMW only).

Any experience out there? I'd also recommend against the Falkens; they were 8/10 when I bought them, and I am not an aggressive driver under normal circumstances.

Thanks!

Mtnman
01-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Check out this thread

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7795-East-BMW-owners-unite!!!-gt-What-tires-are-you-running-gt-It-s-a-poll-really

And the dws are good tires. I had them on the zhp and just put them on the 135 last week, if that lets you know my opinion.

UdubBadger
01-06-2013, 09:17 AM
I'd prefer the conti dws over pro contact. The reason they are telling you that is likely cuz the oem tires are often the contiprocontact on newer BMWs and if they might get either a better wholesale price (more profit) or a kick back for selling um.

I'd seriously consider the dws, never seen a bad review on um.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Mtnman
01-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Maybe i was confused. I thought the pro contact was the extremene contact (dws), but maybe its not. Ill just call myself an idiot here, instead of editing post. Sorry op.

BlackNTan
01-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Sorry, they are the DWS you mentioned!

Crickett
01-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Then do it! Especially if they're giving you a good price on 'em. Haven't heard a bad thing about them from any owner, including myself! DWS FTW! :thumbsup

UdubBadger
01-06-2013, 01:14 PM
There is contiprocontact (grand touring a/s) and there is contiextremecontact dws (ultra high performance a/s). The procontacts are what bmw uses oem on most cars.

Extreme contact dws are the ones I'd recommend

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Torxuvin
01-06-2013, 03:06 PM
PO put Contiprocontacts on the ZHP. They get the job done, but they are not performance tires. I would not have bought them.

Mtnman
01-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Sorry, they are the DWS you mentioned!

If that is the case, you will be happy. Many many people run these and are content.