PDA

View Full Version : Mafia to the Philly auto show?

zhpnsnv
01-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Howdy -

Any interest in gathering for a trip to the Philly auto show? Believe it runs from 1/20-ish until the end of the month or into Feb.

Sent from the freaking Catalina wine mixer.

kayger12
01-07-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm in.

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3

nike001
01-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I usually forget about this every year until like the last day of it and I'm never able to make it.

I'll make a mental note now to make sure I get down there

zhpnsnv
01-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Awesome. Here's the info.

NEWS RELEASE
Attention Philadelphia: It’s Time to Find Your Vroom!
--2013 Philadelphia Auto Show returns January 19-27 and will be bigger than ever--

E. Norriton, Pa., January 7, 2013 – The Automobile Dealers Association of Greater Philadelphia (ADAGP) is proud to announce the return of the Philadelphia Auto Show to the Pennsylvania Convention Center from January 19-27.

“We are back and bigger than ever,” said Michael Chapman, chairman of the Philadelphia Auto Show. “The display floor of this year’s event is a sprawling 630,000 square feet of everything automotive, which is up 30,000 square feet from last year. This increase makes our 2013 Philadelphia Auto Show our biggest yet. Picture 11 football fields filled with every kind of car or truck you can imagine, and that is our 2013 event. Philadelphia, it’s time to find your vroom!”

The Show’s expanded display floor, which has grown by 100,000 square feet in just two years, will now utilize Halls A thru E of the Pennsylvania Convention Center as well as Hall F for the DUB Show Tour and the iconic Grand Hall where Mercedes-Benz and Lexus will return to host their displays for 2013. In addition, two ride-and-drive opportunities will take place indoors, hosted by Toyota and Jeep respectively, and outdoor test drive offerings from Cadillac, General Motors, Hyundai, Kia and Subaru will also be offered.

“We are thrilled by the increased interest from manufacturers to host ride-and-drive opportunities at our event,” said Mike Gempp, director of the Philadelphia Auto Show. “This increased interest and the growth of our show are parallel to the recent growth of the industry. Enhancements by the manufacturers, such as interactive ride-and-drive opportunities, are truly a testament to what auto shows are all about, which is putting consumers directly in touch with all of their vehicle options in one location. Some come to dream, others come with a notepad. In either case, it’s an informative and enjoyable day for all.”

As one of the nation’s biggest auto shows, the Philadelphia Auto Show has a proven track record of influence on consumers in the region. In 2012, nearly 91 percent of attendees in the market for a new vehicle reported that visiting the Auto Show influenced their next purchasing decision, according to exit surveys.

“Auto shows have never been more important,” said Kevin Mazzucola, executive director of the Automobile Dealers Association of Greater Philadelphia. “The auto industry is experiencing its best annual sales rate since 2008, partly because the average age of a vehicle today is 10.8 years old, which is the oldest it has ever been. People are returning to the market, and manufacturers are competing every day to gain that consumer market share. With that said, when you have an event like the Philadelphia Auto Show that literally allows guests to check out every major vehicle manufacturer side by side, it is an invaluable experience not only for consumers that are shopping, but also for manufacturers that are competing. “

Specific highlights of the 2013 Philadelphia Auto Show include:

Pre-Production and Green Models
For consumers who want to catch a glimpse of vehicles that will soon be available in dealerships across the region, the Philadelphia Auto Show is the perfect place to view the latest pre-production models. Examples of 2014 models that will be on-site at this year’s event include the Acura RLX, Chevrolet Impala, Ford Fiesta, Ford Transit Connect Wagon, Jaguar F-TYPE, Jaguar XFR-S, MAZDA6, Porsche Cayman, Subaru Forester, Ford Fusion Energi and Land Rover Range Rover. Some of the hottest models in the ever-popular green technology sector will also be on display, including the 2014 Audi A6, A7, A8 and Q5 TDI models, Ford C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi and Ford Fusion Energi.

Concepts, Classics and Exotics
A chance to see both old and new, the Philadelphia Auto Show will again offer guests the opportunity to view some of the latest concept models to hit the market, such as the Lexus LF-LC, as well as some favorite exotics and beloved rides from yesteryear. The Aston Martin DB9 Convertible, Bentley Continental GT Speed, Lamborghini Aventador, Maserati Quattroporte and Rolls-Royce Ghost are just a few examples of some of the exotics that will be on display. The Show will also proudly welcome McLaren to the display floor for the first time ever. Guests will be treated to the East Coast debut of the McLaren 12C Spider at the manufacturer’s exhibit. Examples of classics that will be on-site courtesy of Buckingham Concours d’Elegance, Burn Prevention Foundation Concours d’Elegance of the Eastern U.S., LRA Auto Museum, New Hope Auto Show and Simeone Automotive Museum range from a 1905 Queen Model E Light Touring and 1931 Lincoln K Murphy Dual Cowl Phaeton to a 1963 Jaguar Roadster and 1967 Corvette Coupe.

Philadelphia Auto Show “Face-Off”
New for 2013, local Mustang and Camaro clubs will compete in the first-ever Philadelphia Auto Show “Face-Off.” The clubs will proudly display their best cars on-site at the Show and after visiting both displays, attendees will vote for their favorite at the on-site kiosks. All attendees are encouraged to monitor the Philadelphia Auto Show’s Facebook page for voting updates and to see who will be declared the winner.

DUB Show Tour
Hosted by DUB magazine, the premier publication of the urban automotive lifestyle, this year’s DUB Live exhibit at the Philadelphia Auto Show will include 70,000 square feet of the hottest customized rides and celebrity vehicles today. This special feature will be located on the lower level of the event.

Philanthropic Giving
Continuing the tradition and demonstrating the heart of the automotive industry, the 2013 Black Tie Tailgate will take place on Friday, January 18, from 7:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Featuring an exclusive menu designed by Stephen STARR Events and entertainment by Jellyroll dance band, this event is the V.I.P. way to see the 2013 Philadelphia Auto Show. Tickets are $225 per person and are available for purchase on phillyautoshow.com. Proceeds will benefit the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia through the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation. This event is open to the public.

In addition, the ADAGP will continue its giving throughout the entire show by also donating $2.00 from every Auto Show ticket sold to the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation, which will use the funds to run a number of important programs throughout the year that benefit area children in need.

Event Sponsors
The Philadelphia Auto Show welcomes back AAA Insurance and AutoTrader.com as its 2013 premier sponsors.

About the Show
The 2013 Philadelphia Auto Show hours are:

• Noon to 10 p.m. on weekdays
• 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturdays
• 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays

Tickets are $12.00 for adults (age 13 and up) and $6.00 for children (ages 7-12) and may be purchased at www.phillyautoshow.com or at the box office. Children age 6 and under do not require a ticket. Senior citizens (age 62 and over) receive a special admission price of $6.00 on weekdays only. Senior citizen tickets are not available for purchase online.

Discount Coupons
Weekday discount coupons can be picked up at your new car and truck franchised dealer. Coupons can be redeemed at the box office at the Pennsylvania Convention Center for a $3.00 admission discount to the Auto Show. For a partial list of participating dealers, go to www.adagp.com. In addition, the Auto Show has again partnered with McDonald’s restaurants to circulate discount coupons of $2.00 off the regular adult admission price of $12.00. Show information will be featured on the restaurants’ tray liners and in the Entertainment Value Centers located inside area McDonald’s. The Auto Show will donate $1.00 from each discount coupon redeemed at the show from January 21 – 25 to the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House Charities.

Discount Weekday Adult Tickets Available at SEPTA
Tickets are available through SEPTA at the price of $9.00 for adult admission on weekdays and $6.00 for child/senior admission on weekdays. An “Independence Pass” can be purchased for $11.00, which provides unlimited one-day travel on SEPTA buses, trolleys and trains. Limitations do apply. For more details, visit shop.SEPTA.org.

About the ADAGP
The ADAGP, established in 1904, is the oldest association of its kind in the nation. Comprised of 180 franchised new car and truck dealers throughout the Greater Philadelphia area, the Association leads lobbying efforts, provides education/training seminars and owns and produces the Philadelphia Auto Show.

**Editor’s Note – Information valid as of print date. Please check www.phillyautoshow.com for the latest updates on featured vehicles, event highlights and more.

###

Philadelphia Auto Show Brownstein Group
(610) 279-5229 (215) 735-3470 x118
andrea@adagp.com lvandepette@brownsteingroup.com

Meagan Sloan
Account Executive
215.735.3470 x172
_

Brownstein Group
215 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Website / Twitter / Facebook

kayger12
01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Looks good.

Pick a date that works for you and let me know.

Within walking distance. Just saying.
http://www.mcgillins.com/

danewilson77
01-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Looks good.

Pick a date that works for you and let me know.

Within walking distance. Just saying.
http://www.mcgillins.com/

Just saying :shifty

http://www.halfmarathons.net/usa_half_marathons_virginia_shamrock_marathon.html

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

az3579
01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
I might be down for this... depends on which day y'all choose.

kayger12
01-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Just saying :shifty

http://www.halfmarathons.net/usa_half_marathons_virginia_shamrock_marathon.html

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Lol, early carb loading, DW.

zhpnsnv
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
I am down for 26th or 27th. What say ye? BP - what day is good for you? I like going to these during the week, but that's not an option for me right now. Plus, Philly doesn't command huge crowds if I remember correctly (been there maybe 3 times).

Could be a fun drive - meet down @ Keith's, pile into BP's sedan, hit Philly. Or find some meeting point at some rest stop somewhere, roll out together.

M0nk3y
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
I wonder if the 2014 Subaru WRX STI would be there...take pictures if you find it :shifty

GSEN820
01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
HAHA DW what does half marathon have to do with auto show?????? LOL

kayger12
01-07-2013, 01:53 PM
HAHA DW what does half marathon have to do with auto show?????? LOL

He was brow beating me for consuming beer in the middle of my training program. :)

kayger12
01-07-2013, 02:00 PM
I am down for 26th or 27th. What say ye? BP - what day is good for you? I like going to these during the week, but that's not an option for me right now. Plus, Philly doesn't command huge crowds if I remember correctly (been there maybe 3 times).

Could be a fun drive - meet down @ Keith's, pile into BP's sedan, hit Philly. Or find some meeting point at some rest stop somewhere, roll out together.

Either day works for me.

Hornung418
01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Would be good for me to get out and explore.

Count me in as tenetive.

From a GS3, this was sent.

zhpnsnv
01-07-2013, 02:16 PM
He was brow beating me for consuming beer in the middle of my training program. :)

Sounds like effective training to me. Hops - it's gotta be healthy. Barley - isn't it an oat of some sort? Water - enough said. Yeast - at the worst this is health neutral. That's all that's in beer that you need to worry about!

zhpnsnv
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM

Count me in as tenetive.

BOOM!

az3579
01-07-2013, 02:42 PM

If it's one of those days, either is good for me. That's the weekend before I go on call so I'm good to go!

I'll be glad to drive if you guys want to take one car and grab a beer after. I don't drink so I'm game. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

kayger12
01-07-2013, 03:01 PM

Count me in as tenetive.

This makes me happy.

Sounds like effective training to me. Hops - it's gotta be healthy. Barley - isn't it an oat of some sort? Water - enough said. Yeast - at the worst this is health neutral. That's all that's in beer that you need to worry about!

One word, my friend: Poly-effing-phenols!!!

if you guys want to grab a beer

Yep, I laughed out loud.

Thanks, BP. Designated drivers are always appreciated!

Once we have a final head count we can figure out how many cars/meeting point, etc.

:like

az3579
01-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Yep, I laughed out loud.

Come on man, I know the beer drinker's language is a little backwards. "a" really means "multiple". :p

kayger12
01-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Come on man, I know the beer drinker's language is a little backwards. "a" really means "multiple". :p

:rofl :thumbsup

zhpnsnv
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
If it's one of those days, either is good for me. That's the weekend before I go on call so I'm good to go!

I'll be glad to drive if you guys want to take one car and grab a beer after. I don't drink so I'm game. :)

Well this is really coming together now, isn't it!? Beautiful!

And what the frack is a polyphenol and why would I ever care about it? If it's in beer, I don't wanna know it.

BP - don't want you to do all that driving in one day. I'm in north-ish jersey (exit 140something off parkway) - you're welcome the night before we head down. All sorts of beds @ not my house that I'm staying at.

az3579
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
BP - don't want you to do all that driving in one day. I'm in north-ish jersey (exit 140something off parkway) - you're welcome the night before we head down. All sorts of beds @ not my house that I'm staying at.

Thanks for the offer! It all depends on how long it takes to get to derty Jersey to pick y'all up and head over, do our thang, and head back. I will most likely be taking you up on this to make it a fully productive day. :thumbsup

kayger12
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Well this is really coming together now, isn't it!? Beautiful!

And what the frack is a polyphenol and why would I ever care about it? If it's in beer, I don't wanna know it.

Way to pull out the Battlestar Galactica expletive!

Polyphenols are powerful antioxidants present in beer-- especially hoppy beer.

"I'm not drinking! I'm neutralizing free radicals!!"

zhpnsnv
01-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Philly is about an 1:45 from me, not sure how far it is from Keith.

Might be good to try to meet someplace Saturday AM. I suggest saturday because traveling north on Sunday anywhere in NJ stinks.

kayger12
01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
55 minutes from my front door via 30 minutes of twisting back roads and 25 minutes on the AC Expressway.

Philly is fairly central to all of us. Might be better off just meeting in the city?

az3579
01-07-2013, 04:55 PM
55 minutes from my front door via 30 minutes of twisting back roads and 25 minutes on the AC Expressway.

Philly is fairly central to all of us. Might be better off just meeting in the city?

Parking in a city usually is 1) a PITA, and 2) sometimes costly, depending on the city. If you want to do that, then alright, otherwise I have no problem chauffeuring. Would be nice to take a trip with someone to talk to!

kayger12
01-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Parking in a city usually is 1) a PITA, and 2) sometimes costly, depending on the city. If you want to do that, then alright, otherwise I have no problem chauffeuring. Would be nice to take a trip with someone to talk to!

Agreed. I'm just thinking geography.

Marc is 90 miles north of me. Philly is less than 60 miles west of me.

We'll get it worked out. No worries.

I'm fine with driving/parking if need be. I go to Philly often. Parking isn't that bad.

Once we know who's in we can come up with a game plan.

Shaping up to be a good time.

nike001
01-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I'll most likely be in for this.

zhpnsnv
01-07-2013, 07:10 PM
It really might work if bp stays with me for us to come down to pick you up Keith.

kayger12
01-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Ok. Just damn far out of your way.

az3579
01-07-2013, 08:30 PM
It really might work if bp stays with me for us to come down to pick you up Keith.

If I can stay with you, then consider the driving no problem at all. Bowling and driving are my PASSIONS, so trust me, if there's a way to convince y'all to let me ferry some of the most awesome people I know, I will find do it!

So the game plan would be:
1) pick up Marc
2) pick up Keith
3) auto show (of course pick up anyone else that requires it)

Then a trip to the spot for "a" beer,

Then drop off Keith
And finally crash at Marc's

Do I have it right?

kayger12
01-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Sounds like a game plan.

zhpnsnv
01-10-2013, 04:15 PM
If I can stay with you, then consider the driving no problem at all. Bowling and driving are my PASSIONS, so trust me, if there's a way to convince y'all to let me ferry some of the most awesome people I know, I will find do it!

So the game plan would be:
1) pick up Marc
2) pick up Keith
3) auto show (of course pick up anyone else that requires it)

Then a trip to the spot for "a" beer,

Then drop off Keith
And finally crash at Marc's

Do I have it right?

OR you could:

1. Drive down Friday night
2. Get your ass whooped @ GT5
3. Pick up Keith Saturday
etc...

Either way is good for me. Just offering up my place so you don't have too much of a drive.

az3579
01-10-2013, 05:15 PM
OR you could:

2. Get your ass whooped @ GT5
etc...

Either way is good for me. Just offering up my place so you don't have too much of a drive.

I don't like your plan one bit. Let me submit to you my version of it:

2. Whoop your ass @ GT5
etc...

There. Much better.
Careful now; I'm a beast a GT5. At least I think I am. :biggrin

az3579
01-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Hey Marc,
I saw you post in another thread about this being on the 27th. I thought it was the 26th?
Could you please clarify?

zhpnsnv
01-11-2013, 05:35 PM
I meant 26th. My bad.

az3579
01-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Oh ok, cool. Just wanted to make sure.
Do you have something I could bolt on my badass Logitech G27 wheel onto? :biggrin

zhpnsnv
01-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Coffee table?

az3579
01-12-2013, 01:39 PM
How high up is it? I imagine some floor action will be required. Lol

zhpnsnv
01-12-2013, 01:55 PM
How high up is it? I imagine some floor action will be required. Lol

It's a friggin coffee table. It's coffee table height. Use your imagination!! HahahAa

Hornung418
01-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Sit on the floooooooor.

brettbimmer
01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Gents, have you come up with an arrival ETA for the show on the 26th?

zhpnsnv
01-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Not yet - what would work for you? Doesn't have to be exact. We can all have cell #s and meet up once inside.

brettbimmer
01-13-2013, 06:50 AM
Well, if I can break away I should be about 2.5 hours away, so I was just curious as to what "yous guys" were thinking.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zhpnsnv
01-13-2013, 07:40 AM
We will probably arrive late AM early afternoon, I'd say.

brettbimmer
01-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Ok, just checking. Not sure if I can break away from work yet, but hopefully! I needz a good Philly pretzel too.

az3579
01-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Ok, just checking. Not sure if I can break away from work yet, but hopefully! I needz a good Philly pretzel too.

Pretzel is not what I was expecting. :shifty

328ioc
01-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Pretzel is not what I was expecting. :shifty

You must not have gone to the right place.

Wish I could be up there to go with you guys. Have fun.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

brettbimmer
01-15-2013, 06:16 PM
HAHA, I was born in Philly, so it's up there on the list ...aside from some questionable...I mean GREAT company! Well, there's always my longing for a true tomato pie. BTW, who did you think brought 'em to the family reunion? - (pretzels not pie).

brettbimmer
01-15-2013, 06:25 PM
HAHA, I was born in Philly, so it's up there on the list ...aside from some questionable...I mean GREAT company! Well, there's always my longing for a true tomato pie. BTW, who did you think brought 'em to the family reunion? - (pretzels not pie).

Costello23
01-15-2013, 07:18 PM

You havent had a Tomato Pie until you had Delorenzo's here in Robbinsville, NJ

brettbimmer
01-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks. Now I am drooling at my desk ...

kayger12
01-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Numero uno.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/10-Upcoming-Events-at-McGillin-s.html?soid=1102852756172&aid=_g6Aj4xNlnw

ryankokesh
01-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Stayed right next to the Boston auto show this week... Couldn't go but I'll sure as heck be at the Chicago one in February!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az3579
01-18-2013, 04:13 PM
You must not have gone to the right place.

I didn't mean that in a sense of me trying it and not liking it. I meant that I wasn't expecting him to say pretzel.

kayger12
01-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Looks like it's going to snow on our parade.

If this materializes it will push me from the definite category to maybe depending on work/personal obligations.

328ioc
01-22-2013, 04:35 AM
I didn't mean that in a sense of me trying it and not liking it. I meant that I wasn't expecting him to say pretzel.

Ah gotcha.

Looks like it's going to snow on our parade.

If this materializes it will push me from the definite category to maybe depending on work/personal obligations.

I am listening to Preston and Steve right now and I am freezing just listening to the weather report. .......and its 60 where I am.

Hope you guys still get to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kayger12
01-22-2013, 04:55 AM
Well, the good news is they've been wrong about every other storm this winter for south Jersey.

Maybe they'll keep their unblemished record.

brettbimmer
01-22-2013, 11:48 AM
^Haha, hopefully. The only job that they continually screw up and still have a job!

What is with this chilly weather anyway?!

kayger12
01-22-2013, 12:33 PM
^Haha, hopefully. The only job that they continually screw up and still have a job!

What is with this chilly weather anyway?!

I know, right?

I don't know how the people in the northern states do it.

Freakin miserable.

zhpnsnv
01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
What am I missing? Weather.com says snow shower friday.

az3579
01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
We'll be fine, guys. It's not gonna be a blizzard, assuming we get anything at all.

I'm still game Marc, you still want to get schooled in GT5 on friday? :)

danewilson77
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
We'll be fine, guys. It's not gonna be a blizzard, assuming we get anything at all.

^Pssst. Shit talking going on^

zhpnsnv
01-22-2013, 02:54 PM

Yup. Give me a ballpark on time.

az3579
01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Yup. Give me a ballpark on time.

Need an address so I could look up how long it'll take to get there. Didn't see any contact info in the contacts thread... Could you please PM me?

kayger12
01-22-2013, 04:14 PM
What am I missing? Weather.com says snow shower friday.

When I wrote that this morning the models were showing potential for 7-12" for the northeast and weather.com said "Potential Heavy Snow" for Friday.

The models have backed off during the day. We'll see how it sets up.

Still not convinced the chance for a good storm is out, but it's trending that way. Tomorrow night will tell the tale.
Have at it if you're a weather junkie:
http://www.liveweatherblogs.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewdiscussion&groupid=4331&topicid=17808&Itemid=179

Hornung418
01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Backing out. Have to work on Saturday.

zhpnsnv
01-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Listen if BP and I need to go on a man-date, so be it.

az3579
01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Keith -
How the hell could you understand any of that gibberish on that site??? :biggrin
Brain got scrambled by the first paragraph. Maybe I need moar edumacation.

Forecasts for snow sometimes move to entirely different days. I'm hoping that if it happens, it happens either on Sunday or Thursday. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Listen if BP and I need to go on a man-date, so be it.

Damn right, honey bun.

zhpnsnv
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
This is why snow tires were invented.

kayger12
01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Keith -
How the hell could you understand any of that gibberish on that site??? :biggrin
Brain got scrambled by the first paragraph. Maybe I need moar edumacation.

Lol-- admitted weather junkie here.

brettbimmer
01-22-2013, 07:27 PM
This is why snow tires were invented.

Umm...I thought they were referred to as "winter" tires. :foottap :ducking

zhpnsnv
01-25-2013, 03:35 AM
Ok let's figure out rendezvous times.

Keith, what time would you like us to pick you up? 11? Also text me your address.

danewilson77
01-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Ok let's figure out rendezvous times.

Keith, what time would you like us to pick you up? 11? Also text me your address.

Address here. Just a reminder.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6749

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

az3579
01-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Sounds like a plan, if Keith confirms timeframe.

kayger12
01-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Time frame works for me.

zhpnsnv
01-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Boom.

kayger12
01-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Like a well-oiled Rube Goldberg.

kayger12
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
I should have said, "like a well-oiled Rube Goldberg machine."

A well-oiled Rube Goldberg would just be silly.

brettbimmer
01-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Good evening gents. Still a possibility for me to join you depending on how the roads are. What time r u gonna be at the show? Feel free to text me as well. Number should be in the members contact thread.

zhpnsnv
01-25-2013, 03:00 PM
noon or 1ish I'd say

brettbimmer
01-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Sounds good Marc. Let me see how the roads shape up around here in the overnight & perhaps I will see you all tomorrow. I presume that your/BP/Keith's phones are listed in the members contact info. in case I need to communicate with you at the show.

kayger12
01-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Mine is but I'll PM you for good measure.

kayger12
01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm down in AC. The roads aren't too bad yet. Plenty of salt down.

I would think they'll be fine once the sun gets to them in the morning.

I'll report back after my travels home.

zhpnsnv
01-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Awesome day boys! Lots of cars, old Irish beer, and general good times!!!

az3579
01-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Awesome day boys! Lots of cars, old Irish beer, and general good times!!!

And the best Shepherd's pie I've ever had.

zhpnsnv
01-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Let's see, coolest thing we saw was probably a McLaren MP4somethingorother and then a stripped chasis-only version. Saw an M6 GC in Frozen Silver, which was cool. Then Keith drooled on and in the new Honda Accord.

All the while, BP was looking for the Ford display whilst standing in the middle of the Ford display.

Scene: standing in the middle of the Ford display having just sat in the sick recaros in the Focus ST.
Me: Where's the GT 500?
BP: Well we have to find the Ford display!
Me: Really BP?

hahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

danewilson77
01-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Lmao. Nice....

kayger12
01-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Great day and good times, gents!!

MB's car is SICK!! And she just sounds DIRTY!

After listening to that exhaust for a few hours I felt like I needed to go get tested for STDs.

I've been car researching all day (unfortunately for the wife, not for me).

Accord Sport, Mazda 6, Mazda CX5, Ford Fusion...

zhpnsnv
01-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Yea we had some fun overpass/tunnel action. BP and I had one more on the way home.

Hornung418
01-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Damn missed out on some good times :(

On to the next event then!

zhpnsnv
01-27-2013, 11:46 AM
I submitted this idea to BP and Keith: Mafia Formal @ my house.

Discuss....

hahahaha

kayger12
01-27-2013, 01:35 PM
I submitted this idea to BP and Keith: Mafia Formal @ my house.

Discuss....

hahahaha

Yes, yes, and yes.

az3579
01-27-2013, 01:49 PM
After listening to that exhaust for a few hours I felt like I needed to go get tested for STDs.

I did as well. Test results came back positive. Damn it, and I didn't even get down to the nitty gritty!

brettbimmer
01-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Damn missed out on some good times :(

On to the next event then!

Exactly what I was thinking.