01-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Year(s):Any
Budget:10-25k, the less, the better..
Desired location of vehicle:West Coast, willing to travel
Desired Mileage:Under 75k
Transmission type: Auto
Desired number of Doors: 2
Desired Color combos:Natural Leather
Desired Packages:Beggers can't be choosers, best bang for buck and lower the price :)
Funds lined up? Yes
Have a car you need to sell first? No

danewilson77
01-24-2011, 05:42 PM
You will find one pretty quickly I think....but be patient and don't settle.

pleasecorrupt
01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
I've been staring this one down. Seller won't budge atm though. :\

here. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=798040&highlight=)

Marcus-SanDiego
01-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Yes. I know that car. I have analyzed it for another potential buyer.

Turns out that the seller put M3 mirrors on his car. However, they are not functional. You must adjust the mirrors by hand -- instead of through the controls inside the cockpit. You live in the Bay Area. It rains a lot there during the winter. If you're anything like me, you want functional mirrors. I had Shane, at Euro Auto Spot, transplant the motors from my stock ZHP mirrors and put them in my M3 mirrors. He then fabricated the inside of the M3 housing so that everything would look and work perfectly. It was an all-day project. You could use that factoid in your negotiations arsenal.

Additionally, the owner of that car said that he was overdue for an inspection on his car back in March 2010. It was 1500 miles over due. He may be anal but he wasn't there.

The owner also has 50% tint on the windshield. It's illegal in CA to have tint on the windshield. Will you remove it? I would. More costs.

I think $17K is a reasonable price. I paid $18,950 for my ZHP, which had 4,000 more miles on it. My car was also a year newer.

nk_zhp
01-24-2011, 07:35 PM
The seller also seems to be unsure if he wants to sell the car and move to an E9X. Which can make it difficult to deal. But then again, perhaps he has made a decision. The car looks super clean.

pleasecorrupt
01-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Offered 16.5 to begin with and he said hes been offered 17.5-18k and rejected those. fyi for any lurkers :)

Marcus-SanDiego
01-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I believe that he is going to be waiting quite a while if he's looking for more than $18K. I believe his selling price, if he sells it, will be between $17K-$18K.

silvere36m3
01-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I'd make an offer if it had a 6spd.

pleasecorrupt
01-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Almost triggered on 330ci w/o zhp but full loaded besides that w/ ~20k miles. Then someone came and swooped it from under my feet. still looking :\

Marcus-SanDiego
01-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Good luck on the continued search, PC.

JohnnyGraphic
01-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Marcus makes a good point. When you're shopping used, you're also shopping the previous owner. How did they maintain their car? Factory maintenance only? If so, depending on mileage, it may be very little. Then, you also know that the transmission, differential, cooling system and brakes system weren't changed. The transmission is a very important piece if you're going to buy an automatic. The cooling system is an issue at the mileage you're probably looking at. Make some time/funds available for this maintenance item.

Johnny