PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Pickers

rvariverguy
01-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Not sure that this really should go under "projects" but we could make it one...

Anyone want to make a trip to go pick this guy's parts car clean? I could use several things. Honestly almost didn't share but I figured it would be more worthwhile to get a group together. :headbang

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/pts/3553499011.html

BCS_ZHP
01-24-2013, 08:34 PM
I sent him a note 2 days ago, inquired about buying the whole car. It looks intact so suspect the engine is bad. If I can get it for a reasonable price and since I have no sedans, my thought was to save it for the family reunion and let the folks pick it apart there while tossing funds into a kitty to pay for its cost. Any extra would go to the reunion fund. Oh course I'd have to get this idea approved by DW.

johnrando
01-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Great idea Bruce. If not, someone go get themselves that silver trim. Amongst the obvious other things,

Also, you could probably make money off of the 135 wheels.

Since Jon pointed out that those little engine caps tend to get lost, grab those too.

Avetiso
01-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Can you find out what he wants for the corners?

danewilson77
01-25-2013, 04:28 AM
Would love the steering wheel if the plastic is in good shape.

Bruce, that is fine.

Additionally, the ad specifically says the engine is good, so if were bargain shopping, he may want more for the car.

midlandtech
01-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Dibs on headlights if they are AL

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

BCS_ZHP
01-25-2013, 06:11 AM
He just got back to me, will not sell the entire car. I asked for prices on trim, headlights, steering wheel, will relay that when he responds.
Bruce

Hornung418
01-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Dash, carpet, rear deck, kick panels and lower B pillars?

midlandtech
01-25-2013, 06:34 AM
He just got back to me, will not sell the entire car. I asked for prices on trim, headlights, steering wheel, will relay that when he responds.
Bruce

Thanks for doing the ground work... Much appreciated

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

nike001
01-25-2013, 06:57 AM
Bruce

Damn you Bruce! You don't even have a sedan :shifty

2nd in line for trim

johnrando
01-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Any one going down want to ask him about a rear 135 wheel and what shape it's in?

danewilson77
01-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Would the headlights be ZKW since it's a sedan?

rvariverguy
01-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Damn, and I thought I had an original idea for the group haha. Goes to show how great this community is.

Bruce, let me know if you're going to make a trip. I'm fine to let others take major pieces but there are a few odds/ends I need.

Also John I have two rear wheels if you're in the market. I can post photos.

Can you swap a used windshield? My rear defrosters are toast.

midlandtech
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM

Didn't think about that...

rvariverguy
01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Yeah my reflectors seem to be toast so I was hoping to pick these up and swap out

aurelius
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM

At least some of the '05 sedans have AL's. And I noticed a while back the 4/02 E46 sedan I got for a family member has AL xenons. Or at least the covers have the AL logos. Haven't poked around the rear of the assemblies to verify.

johnrando
01-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Damn, and I thought I had an original idea for the group haha. Goes to show how great this community is.

Bruce, let me know if you're going to make a trip. I'm fine to let others take major pieces but there are a few odds/ends I need.

Thanks. PM'd.

BCS_ZHP
01-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Damn you Bruce! You don't even have a sedan :shifty

2nd in line for trim

Dalton - I don't need it, was just trying to secure it for someone in the family.

Vas
01-25-2013, 12:50 PM
I would live the silver cube trim out of it and the manual trans.

BCS_ZHP
01-25-2013, 03:09 PM
So finally reached him via phone, here's what he said:
- whole interior including trim & dash is sold
- headlights are sold
- steering wheel without airbag is $250
- wheels, all 4 with tires are $300, he said there are scrapes on them
- foglights not sold separately, being sold with the front bumper

Think that was all the parts various people mentioned. He is a used parts dealer, he knows what his parts are worth and said he has several BMWs to pull parts from. Told me he's located in Clinton, Maryland if any locals want to go out to look at the car. He mentioned something about the guy who bought the interior PayPaling him, so suspect he accepts PP.

My curiosity is satisfied, no great deal available since you can't buy the whole car, I'm out. His phone number is 571-242-6405.

rvariverguy
01-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks man. I didn't get a call back yet, probably because I said something along the lines of "group buy/bunch of cheap bastards."

But to follow up to my previous question, can you even swap glass or do you guys always buy new when you get a chip/crack or defroster stops working?

BCS_ZHP
01-25-2013, 08:06 PM
A new windshield is about $250 for our cars, how much is "used" going to save you?

danewilson77
01-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks man. I didn't get a call back yet, probably because I said something along the lines of "group buy/bunch of cheap bastards."

But to follow up to my previous question, can you even swap glass or do you guys always buy new when you get a chip/crack or defroster stops working?

So you need a windshield and a rear window.

I don't see why you couldn't buy used.

Depending in chip size, your insurance company should be able to have it filled for you. I think they say if it a crack or chip bigger than a quarter it shod be replaced.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

johnrando
01-26-2013, 07:10 AM

I found someone who wants the other real wheel, so you can sell both. LMK.

Bruce, thanks for checking things out.