PDA

View Full Version : 2013: Southeast members heading to the Family Reunion, Williamsburg, VA

Ryans323i
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
At the moment I'm not sure of my exact departure date and times. This will be updated as necessary.

We'll use this thread to plan travel times and possible caravans.

This will be my route; Black Mountain, NC to Williamsburg, VA

- Take the ramp onto I-40 E , 131 mi
- Slight left to stay on I-40 E, 31.5 mi
- Merge onto I-85 N, 46.0 mi
- Slight left to stay on I-85 N, Entering Virginia, 124 mi
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-95 N/Richmond and merge onto I-95 N, 15.8 mi
- Keep right at the fork to continue toward E Wythe St 0.4 mi
- Turn right onto E Wythe St 0.6 mi
- Continue straight onto E Washington St 3.7 mi
- Continue onto VA-36 E/Oaklawn Blvd 0.8 mi
- Merge onto I-295 N via the ramp to Washington 18.4 mi
- Take exit 28 to merge onto I-64 E toward Norfolk , 34.1 mi
- Take exit 234 for VA-199/State Route 646 toward Lightfoot, 0.3 mi
- Turn right onto VA-199 E , 1.5 mi
- Take the US-60 exit toward Lightfoot/Williamsburg, 0.2 mi
- Turn right onto US-60 E/Richmond Rd

Important intersections

Greensboro, NC & I-85-
Durham, NC -
Fort Lee, I95 intersection @ Oaklawn Blvd -
Richmond, VA @ I-64 _

Times could be delayed due to traffic, meeting up with caravaners, and/or eating and restroom breaks.

Mtnman
01-25-2013, 11:23 AM
My route will be very similar, except mine will be:
Merge on 40east in asheville
Travel 8 miles
Meet ry cakes and kyle dog
Continue trip as outlined by ry

Edit: bathroom breaks? Does not compute

cakM3
01-25-2013, 11:36 AM
My route will be very similar, except mine will be:
Merge on 40east in asheville
Travel 8 miles
Meet ry cakes and kyle dog
Continue trip as outlined by ry

Edit: bathroom breaks? Does not compute

David...I'm jelly ;) Too bad I'm located in New England!!! The drive from your location up would be much more relaxed compared to me driving through NYC and DC...ahhhhhh! Someday my friends :thumbsup

Torxuvin
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
From Atl, it looks like I take 85 straight until I meet with your directions. We should plan out the schedule so we can meet up and convoy. I think we have a few other people from here and Greenville, SC.

BCAN
01-27-2013, 08:36 PM
What Cam said, that sounds like a good idea. Though, I think you may need to lead our group Cam..I would probably take us to China, judging by what happened the other day, lol.

cakM3
03-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Ry, looks like I will be going to the reunion meet this year with Kyle...:)

static667
03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Ry, looks like I will be going to the reunion meet this year with Kyle...:)

Imma actually have a two car caravan! W00t!

Sent from my yet to be hacked GS3.

Torxuvin
03-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Looks like I'm working out the rooming situation today. Getting excited :)

cakM3
03-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Imma actually have a two car caravan! W00t!

Should be lots of fun Kyle! :thumbsup

JupiterBMW
03-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Well, since I think I'll be the Southernmost attendee, my route will be as follows...

- Take I-95 N, 835 mi
- Take exit 46 and merge onto I-295 N via the ramp to Washington/Richmond Airport 27.3 mi
- Take exit 28 to merge onto I-64 E toward Norfolk , 34.1 mi
- Take exit 234 for VA-199/State Route 646 toward Lightfoot, 0.3 mi
- Turn right onto VA-199 E , 1.5 mi
- Take the US-60 exit toward Lightfoot/Williamsburg, 0.2 mi
- Turn right onto US-60 E/Richmond Rd

HokieZHP
03-15-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm located right off I-40 about 2 miles after the I-85 split off north so id love to meet up with the caravan. I met up with Ryan last year and it worked really well. I can meet almost anywhere around that area.

JupiterBMW
03-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Sounds good to me. I plan to leave my house around 10PM or so, get most of the boring driving done at night when its cooler and less traffic... So, perhaps a late morning/lunch time meet up for the last little bit of the drive...

I'm sure we'll all have cell phones and Tapatalk so that we can find out where everyone's at...

Hot damn I'm getting excited!

HokieZHP
03-15-2013, 10:16 PM
yeah, we should get a cell phone number list going so we can all communicate quickly.

But I'll let you all decide where is convenient for me to meet up with you guys!

JupiterBMW
03-17-2013, 07:27 AM
yeah, we should get a cell phone number list going so we can all communicate quickly.

But I'll let you all decide where is convenient for me to meet up with you guys!

Agreed... Mine is in the members contact info thread.

3ZHPGUY
03-21-2013, 05:28 PM
I just made reservations for Thursday night in Williamsburg so, as of today we are planning to be heading through Knoxville at noon. We will pick up I-40 about an hour-in-half west of I-81 and following Ryans directions or the GPS once we get on I-81.

danewilson77
03-21-2013, 06:16 PM
I just made reservations for Thursday night in Williamsburg so, as of today we are planning to be heading through Knoxville at noon. We will pick up I-40 about an hour-in-half west of I-81 and following Ryans directions or the GPS once we get on I-81.

Good. We can get an early start on beers.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA

3ZHPGUY
03-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Good. We can get an early start on beers.

Sounds good, I'll need one by then

danewilson77
03-22-2013, 04:04 AM
Sounds good, I'll need one by then

I think Rando is going to be in town on Thursday night as well :)

johnrando
03-22-2013, 05:32 AM
I think Rando is going to be in town on Thursday night as well :)

Yup!

JupiterBMW
03-22-2013, 06:25 AM
Hmmm, if I turned this into a 4 day weekend, the wife might not be too happy. I'll have to stick to my original plan of driving up through Thursday night and arriving midday on Friday... See you then!

wertyu78
03-22-2013, 06:36 AM
I wasn't too sure if I was going to go.... but after seeing this thread I cannot resist. I'm in.

This would be my route. Members south of me could meet up along the way...
cell: 404-660-4743
1. Head northeast on N Church St toward E Elford St
0.2 mi
2. Turn right onto N Academy St
0.2 mi
3. Turn left onto E North St
0.3 mi
4. Continue onto I-385 S
5.3 mi
5. Take exit 36 to merge onto I-85 N toward Spartanburg
Entering North Carolina
176 mi
6. Keep right to continue on I-85BUS N/US-29 N/US-70 E, follow signs for Greensboro
Continue to follow I-85BUS N
12.0 mi
7. Merge onto I-85 N
Entering Virginia
170 mi
8. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-95 N/Richmond and merge onto I-95 N
15.8 mi
9. Take exit 67A to merge onto VA-895 E
Toll road
8.1 mi
10. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-295/I-95 and merge onto I-295 N
Partial toll road
2.9 mi
11. Take exit 28 to merge onto I-64 E toward Norfolk
38.7 mi
12. Take exit 238 for VA-143 toward US-60/Camp Peary/Williamsburg/Colonial
0.2 mi
13. Slight right onto VA-143 E/Merrimac Trail
0.5 mi
14. Turn right onto VA-132 S
2.2 mi
15. Turn right onto W Duke of Gloucester St
476 ft
16. Turn left onto S Boundary St
62 ft
17. Take the 1st right onto Jamestown Rd

danewilson77
03-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Please add name. Will see you here :)

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7354-ZHPMafia-Family-Reunion-2013-May-17-18-19-Williamsburg-VA-GENERAL-INFO&p=249461#post249461

Ryans323i
03-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Yay Wyatt!

@Jon: Have you figured out a Route yet? A quick google map check says you'll be running up I95 and wont intersect my route until Richmond I295. That's a lot of distance, but I think is we time it right we can meet up around that intersection. What time are you planning on leaving Jupiter?

Mtnman
03-22-2013, 08:59 AM
I will be following ry. Or ry will be following me. Or we will be in tandem. All the way there.

JupiterBMW
03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Yay Wyatt!

@Jon: Have you figured out a Route yet? A quick google map check says you'll be running up I95 and wont intersect my route until Richmond I295. That's a lot of distance, but I think is we time it right we can meet up around that intersection. What time are you planning on leaving Jupiter?

Hey Ry... Yeah, I posted my route and proposed schedule already... I'm planning on going for the shortest/fastest route, just as its already such a long drive. I was planning to leave Jupiter around 10pm or so. That gives me plenty of time to get the wife and little one tucked into bed, get all packed up and ready to roll, and get on the road. I want to get as far North as I can before sunrise, that way I don't have to drive in the hot part of the day... Not to mention, Florida is boooooring driving. Here's the I-95 breakdown for my route...

Florida- 296 miles ~ 3 hr 57 min
Georgia- 112 miles ~ 1 hr 30 min
South Carolina- 201 miles ~ 2 hr 41 min
North Carolina- 183 miles ~ 2 hr 27 min

So, just over 10 and a half hours gets me to the Virginia border, which is about 9am on Friday. Not sure how that works with your schedules...? Of course, I can always delay a bit, or just take my time and plan to meet a little later...

I have been asked to help Brett park the cars at Dane's, so I should be there earlier than most. Besides, I'll want to check into the hotel and take a quickie nap before heading to Dane's...

Thoughts?

I will be following ry. Or ry will be following me. Or we will be in tandem. All the way there.

Excited to see all of you again! I assume Cam will be driving North and meeting up with you guys as well??

Mtnman
03-24-2013, 04:21 AM
Jon. Only prob i see is the hotel is a 4pm normal check in and 1pm early check in.....so the nap part might not work out perfectly. Unless maybe the condo is vacant the night before and you can call and really really sweet talk someone.

328ioc
03-24-2013, 04:27 AM
Hey Ry... Yeah, I posted my route and proposed schedule already... I'm planning on going for the shortest/fastest route, just as its already such a long drive. I was planning to leave Jupiter around 10pm or so. That gives me plenty of time to get the wife and little one tucked into bed, get all packed up and ready to roll, and get on the road. I want to get as far North as I can before sunrise, that way I don't have to drive in the hot part of the day... Not to mention, Florida is boooooring driving. Here's the I-95 breakdown for my route...

So, just over 10 and a half hours gets me to the Virginia border, which is about 9am on Friday. Not sure how that works with your schedules...? Of course, I can always delay a bit, or just take my time and plan to meet a little later...

I have been asked to help Brett park the cars at Dane's, so I should be there earlier than most. Besides, I'll want to check into the hotel and take a quickie nap before heading to Dane's...

Thoughts?

Excited to see all of you again! I assume Cam will be driving North and meeting up with you guys as well??

Jon.

It will be about 13 hours to Danes house give or take one hour.

Based on my drive to his area over Christmas break.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Ryans323i
03-24-2013, 05:01 AM

Thoughts?

Like David said, the hotel might be a no go for a nap, but Dane has a nice couch if you ask nicely.? I think you're going to need that nap too, the weekend had me whooped last year. Late nights and early mornings are hard for this old body!

So, I say, we'll just see you in Williamsburg. I don't think we'd meet up until Richmond and then it's only a hour or so to Dane's.

cakM3
03-24-2013, 05:48 AM
... Late nights and early mornings are hard for this old body! ...

:rofl

I must be a fossil then :shifty

JupiterBMW
03-24-2013, 06:40 AM
Jon.

It will be about 13 hours to Danes house give or take one hour.

Based on my drive to his area over Christmas break.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

No way homie. I typically set the cruise up around 80-82 and I don't stop for anything but gas. I eat and do bathroom breaks when gas is needed. I calculated the times above based on a 75mph average. If anything it might take us 11 hours, but no more.

As for the hotel, that sucks but I might still try to see if they'll let me in early. It's still early so things may change but I'll figure it out as I go.

Torxuvin
03-25-2013, 06:43 AM

I don't think anyone answered. Yes, that is the plan. Bcan and I are caravaning from ATL with the intention of meeting up with the rest of the NC group. Not sure if we have any others. We may pick up Wyatt on the way?

JupiterBMW
03-25-2013, 11:11 AM
I don't think anyone answered. Yes, that is the plan. Bcan and I are caravaning from ATL with the intention of meeting up with the rest of the NC group. Not sure if we have any others. We may pick up Wyatt on the way?

Bcan.... Brenan right? Sweet... Looking forward to seeing all of you again and meeting the new faces!

wertyu78
03-26-2013, 04:46 AM

Yes sir. Ill meet up with you and we'll head that way.

Ryans323i
03-26-2013, 06:24 AM
So what time is everyone thinking of leaving their respected areas? Last year I left around 8am. Doing that this year will put me at our condo at 2pm. And since it has a 4pm check in, I think I could leave later. But I'm also curious how the early check in works. I like getting to williamsburg, wiping the car down and freshening up, before heading to Dane's.

JupiterBMW
03-26-2013, 06:40 AM
So what time is everyone thinking of leaving their respected areas? Last year I left around 8am. Doing that this year will put me at our condo at 2pm. And since it has a 4pm check in, I think I could leave later. But I'm also curious how the early check in works. I like getting to williamsburg, wiping the car down and freshening up, before heading to Dane's.

Early check in is always an option and all you have to do is call them the day or so before. Like I said, I'm planning on dropping in there earlier than even the early check-in time so that I can hopefully catch a nap. Usually they'll accommodate, seeing as how that's their business.

BimmerWill
03-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Just did a quick check on my navigation and the quicker route for me would be to go up I81 then down, if I come up 85 it will make my trip an extra hour. Ill talk to the gf and see what she thinks about getting off work earlier or just leaving friday morning. Would love to caravan so we'll see what happens! I'll keep you all updated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Torxuvin
03-26-2013, 07:08 AM

So we would meet up in Greensboro? That's about 5 hours from ATL

I am going to plan it around when you guys leave as I haven't made the trip up there before. I don't mind getting up as early as needed. I just would like to avoid morning Friday rush hour in ATL if possible. Was that including time for lunch? Having a brief respite before heading over to Danes is a good idea.

Brenan, we need to pick out a solid meeting spot as it gets closer too. ;)

HokieZHP
03-26-2013, 08:26 AM

I'll meet up with you all whenever you roll through Durham around the same spot we met up last year.

I also like getting there and freshening up the car before going to Dane's

Mtnman
03-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Check in can be as early as 1pm if we call that morning. They said they will Try to accommodate the request, but also acted like it wasnt a big deal to do so. Ry, i was thinking the same thing. Leave at 7am or 8am. I need to check with DW to see how much if any cooking he needs me to do for Friday. Let me see what he is thinking and ill see if that alters my timing. Will post back.

danewilson77
03-26-2013, 01:54 PM
I thought you were doing LB's? No?

Mtnman
03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Yes. Planning on it. Ill pm you.

HokieZHP
05-06-2013, 12:00 PM
So I won't be coming from Chapel Hill anymore. I'll be in Va Beach for a friend's 21st and will be heading to Dane's from there on Friday.

cakM3
05-06-2013, 12:28 PM
It's confirmed....I'll be staying at Kyle's the week of working on a project for my ///M he's helping me with... so I will be heading up with Kyle to Dane's on Friday...:thumbsup

static667
05-06-2013, 01:10 PM
It's confirmed....I'll be staying at Kyle's the week of working on a project for my ///M he's helping me with... so I will be heading up with Kyle to Dane's on Friday...:thumbsup

Its like a mini caravan from my house! :headbang

johnrando
05-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Awesome. Kyle, you're my ride back to the airport on Sunday. I have a 6:00 flight out of Norfolk so s/b plenty of time for hanging/maint. Sun morn/afternoon before we go.

Torxuvin
05-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Any other Atlanta people planning to attend? It looks like Brenan, Shaun, and Wyatt may not be attending. Please let me know if you are out there, because if not, I'm probably going to head up to Asheville on Thursday night.

Mtnman
05-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Sweet. We can pre-party and prep the London broils...... (And watch a 3yr old)

Torxuvin
05-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Sweet. We can pre-party and prep the London broils...... (And watch a 3yr old)

:cheers I work from home (or remotely) Thursday too, so my plan will be to wash/wax and head your way whenever. (and do work in btwn of course ;))

JupiterBMW
05-13-2013, 05:27 PM
:cheers I work from home (or remotely) Thursday too, so my plan will be to wash/wax and head your way whenever. (and do work in btwn of course ;))

I'm calling your boss... :shifty

The true SOUTHEAST caravan will leave my house (me) at 10pm on Thursday night. Pick up Devlin around 11:30 and then we'll be jammin' all night long.. Can't wait to see all you fools!

MiniD
05-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Wish I was going..

elric
05-14-2013, 03:34 AM
Hoping to meet up with Ry and crew around Butner, NC ..... and add 2 Imola ZHPs to the caravan.

Ryans323i
05-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Hoping to meet up with Ry and crew around Butner, NC ..... and add 2 Imola ZHPs to the caravan.

Look like we're leaving Black Mountain around 8-8:30. Puts us in Butner around 11:30-12. How long will it take you to reach Butner?

Sent from my walkie talkie.

Mtnman
05-15-2013, 11:49 AM
We need walkie Talkies.

elric
05-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Look like we're leaving Black Mountain around 8-8:30. Puts us in Butner around 11:30-12. How long will it take you to reach Butner?

Sent from my walkie talkie.

I will be in Butner by then. Driving from my house to Raleigh, meet up with Strider88 and his son .... then we will head to Butner.

Torxuvin
05-15-2013, 01:01 PM
We need walkie Talkies.

Jon's been working on some smartphone programs. I think we're using vortex (Edit: voxer :rofl) right now. More audio message rather than walkie though... Little man doesn't have any?

BTW, Have I mentioned how nice it is for us to just follow Ryan around all the time? :innocent :chillin

JupiterBMW
05-15-2013, 01:04 PM
YES... For those caravanning and that have a smartphone (works on Apple and Droid phones), download the "Voxer" app. Devlin and I have been using it for a couple days now to test it out, and it works well. Its a walkie talkie app and allows for communication without needing to dial/call... push and talk. And as long as the app is open, messages back to you automatically play through the speaker.

I will send requests to all that I know in this area...

JupiterBMW
05-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Ok, on second thought, I can't send 'requests' for the app, so, download the app on your own. Once you do, search for me by name "Jon DiNisio" or my cell number. Once you do that, I will add you to the ZHP Mafia Reunion group chat...

Mtnman
05-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Downloading now.

wertyu78
05-15-2013, 01:52 PM
I would be coming but I didn't anticipate on my ARP rod bolts to take a week and a half to get here. Can't drive a ZHP without an engine! have fun and take plenty of pictures!

3ZHPGUY
05-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Leaving Manchester, TN between 06:00 and 07:00 central time tomorrow morning, with a total route time of 9 hours and 15 minutes!
Rt. 55 E 33 miles
Rt. 70S E 21 Miles
Back roads 27 Miles
Rt. TN-1 E 75 Miles
I-40 E heading to Knoxville 37 Miles
I-81 N heading to Bristol, Roanoke 286 Miles
I-64 heading to Winchester, Richmond 165 Miles
I-295 heading to Washington 90 Miles
I-64 heading to Norfolk 31 Miles
Croaker Road 2.4 Miles

johnrando
05-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Voxer? What happened to Zello? I'll add voxer. Edit: Done.

danewilson77
05-15-2013, 07:14 PM
I thought Zello was what was being used?

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA

Mtnman
05-15-2013, 07:21 PM
APparently we are all on Voxer. Dig it.

elric
05-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Downloading now!

danewilson77
05-15-2013, 07:28 PM
APparently we are all on Voxer. Dig it.

K

3ZHPGUY
05-16-2013, 03:34 AM
Hitting the road shortly, I'll drop key points on the way. See Y'all later or tomorrow.

johnrando
05-16-2013, 04:37 AM
Been using the app, works fine. 5:30 AM, waiting for my taxi to the airport.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

3ZHPGUY
05-16-2013, 05:49 AM
Currently in Crossville, TN and still haven't hit the interstate yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiniD
05-16-2013, 06:34 AM
^You'll pass by my exit (Campbell Station) just after entering Knox Co. :grooving:hi

3ZHPGUY
05-16-2013, 07:32 AM
Danbridge, TN I-40 at I-81

BimmerWill
05-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Danbridge, TN I-40 at I-81

Nice. That's the exit for our lake property. Safe travels.

3ZHPGUY
05-16-2013, 08:47 AM
In Virginia. Just put away radar detector. :(

johnrando
05-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Landed in Dallas....

Marcus-SanDiego
05-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Rando, see ya soon. Just flew over San Antonio. Heading to Atlanta, where I have a 40-minute layover.

3ZHPGUY
05-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Stopped traffic due to road construction I-77 at I-81.

johnrando
05-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Over 1 hr delay in Dallas, incoming plane late.

Johnmadd
05-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Over 1 hr delay in Dallas, incoming plane late.

That sucks, have a beer or two.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Meanwhile, our flight will be landing in VA about 20 mins early.

I hate flight delays, Rando. See ya soon.

Sent from my ZHPMafia.com iPhone

3ZHPGUY
05-16-2013, 11:35 AM
I-81 and I-64. Looks like rain.

3ZHPGUY
05-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Rain and traffic, 25 mph max. :(

BimmerWill
05-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Rain and traffic, 25 mph max. :(

Boooo :(

3ZHPGUY
05-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Stopped in Charlottesville, VA for food and the rain is gone

Torxuvin
05-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Enjoying seeing all the movement. I made it to Asheville about 2. Washed and waxed the car.

elric
05-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Car is washed/waxed and packed. Will be getting on the road about 8am, in order to stop by my shop in Raleigh for a oil change. Then meetup in Butner around 11:30.

BimmerWill
05-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Be safe fellas. Glad the rain let off.

3ZHPGUY
05-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Arrived, checked in and unloaded, let the party begin. :)

Johnmadd
05-16-2013, 04:11 PM

Ha! See you tomorrow.

cakM3
05-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Drive safe everyone!!!! See you guys tomorrow!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Torxuvin
05-16-2013, 05:11 PM

:party David and I are finishing prep.

3ZHPGUY
05-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Just hit the Tennessee boarder, sunny and 77 :)

MiniD
05-19-2013, 10:25 AM
^That won't last for long. Tons of bad storms in Knoxville.

3ZHPGUY
05-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Yep, just passed through Knoxville

3ZHPGUY
05-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Finally home, 12 hours exactly and no traffic problems at all thanks to Garmin traffic assist.

Great to finally meet everyone and what a great time. Pictures from Friday night and yesterday will be posted in the next day or two.

And last of all a great big thanks to everyone that made this happen.

-guy-

danewilson77
05-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Finally home, 12 hours exactly and no traffic problems at all thanks to Garmin traffic assist.

Great to finally meet everyone and what a great time. Pictures from Friday night and yesterday will be posted in the next day or two.

And last of all a great big thanks to everyone that made this happen.

-guy-

Great to hear you're home safe.

ELCID86
05-20-2013, 06:44 AM
Great to hear you're home safe.

+1