PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2003 330i ZSP Red/Blk, 5MT, 120k mi, $?? (DFW, TX)

aurelius
02-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Another interesting possibility, for a buyer who's willing to hassle with arranging paint and body work. Based on casual inspection a few days ago in-person and on info from the owner's son, who is my mechanic's assistant:

Front end damage, needs hood, front bumper cap, various bumper trim, and either new RF fender or repair of same. Appears also to need new cross member that runs across the front of engine bay, behind headlights. Speaking of headlights, they're AL's and, amazingly, are intact. Not sure if RR fender needs paint or just some body shop magic. Needs fuel filler door. Paint is otherwise in very good shape. Almost nothing in terms of dents or dings. Minor scratches here and there, many of which might disappear with the proper paint detailing products.

Wheels are all in excellent shape, minor curbing on LR. Has the (rare in E46 world) reverse warning system. Leather is in good shape. Owner is older female who bought it from Carmax 2 or 3 years ago. Might be a 6-spd, I don't recall when all E46 330 manuals went from 5 to 6 gears.

Lots of documented maintenance, including full cooling system replacement, all new ignition coils, CCV and related hoses. Can find out much more on that topic, for anyone who's genuinely interested.

Price is unknown but given what it needs, it's worth very little. Some TLC tho and someone's got a pretty cool car for not a ton of cash. Paint and body work can be arranged locally, our guy works way out in the burbs (low overhead, uses a dealership paint booth on weekends). His work and pricing are both excellent.

I have a soft spot for red E46 sedans and really hope someone brings this thing back up to par. PM or email if you want to pursue: Mark at Z1USA dot net. I'll be up at the shop again on Monday (Feb 18), can shoot more pics upon request.

Japan Red, not Imola:

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l584/aurelius3/Random%20BMW%20Pics/file_zpsf3d2155f.jpg

danewilson77
02-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Is he thinking of parting it out, or is he against that?

aurelius
02-16-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't know. Not his call since it's his mother's car and her insurance policy, etc. But I assume he has some sway.

I'm all over those headlights if they part it out or if insurance sends a flatbed for it.

aurelius
03-26-2013, 09:00 AM
UPDATE: looks like this one will be on the market after all.

Thanks to insurance money, it will be fixed properly by a very good paint and body guy for whom I can and do vouch. I'll find out what I can as to asking price but that hasn't been determined yet.