PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal Summer Event

Avetiso
02-27-2013, 06:17 PM
So, what's everybody doing this summer?

I'm out of school from May 22 ( not sure if it's main classes or finals, but it's generally around that time ) and start summer school June 10. End summer school on August 8 and start Fall semester on August 24.

Any interest for something in those two dates? I'm in Sacramento, so is Pip, and I know there are a few members in the Bay, which is anywhere between 1.5 hours to 3 hours away from Sacramento.

Pip
02-27-2013, 07:57 PM
I know Dennis would be down. I could easily do April 13th weekend, but that doesn't fit your schedule.

Let's see who else pops in and work from there.

Avetiso
02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
I could technically do something during the semester, there is just no way for me to know how busy I will be at that time, however.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

NorCalZman
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
I always keep an eye for activities happening in the Bay Area. I travel a lot so it is always hit and miss. We will see.

I am going to see if I can go to that Car Control Clinic in April at Candlestick.

LivesNearCostco
02-28-2013, 02:28 AM
If you mean beyond driving stuff, about every 2 or 3 years I go canoeing on the Russian River. Every 5 or 6 years I go whitewater rafting on the American River. So why doesn't California have a Canadian/Korean/Tunisian/Argentinean River?

And about every 5 years I do the indoor "skydiving" in Las Vegas but you can do it in the East Bay Area (Union City) or Hollywood (Universal Citywalk). I just heard the California ones are better than the one in Vegas.

LivesNearCostco
03-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Forgot to add, every 17 or 18 years I jump off a tower in Vegas. Here's video from the 2nd jump (first was bungee by Circus Circus; second was cable decelerator from Stratosphere). Not sure if I will be going again in another 17 years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCbc-8P0RzY

And my most recent attempt at indoor skydiving. The staff told me the newer tunnel designs (i Fly, or www.IFlySFBay.com) are more efficient and easier to fly because they use multiple fans and there is no wind gap at the wides of the tunnel. Plus the walls are transparent so everyone can see you fly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ1vhgCWiEw

johnrando
03-01-2013, 03:23 PM
That was so cool. I've bungee jumped and parachuted, but not with the great cameras we have now. (That was back in the 80s). I might have video of the bungee jump. No way I'd jump off Stratosphere nowaways, so props to you!

danewilson77
03-01-2013, 03:36 PM
That was so cool. I've bungee jumped and parachuted, but not with the great cameras we have now. (That was back in the 80s). I might have video of the bungee jump. No way I'd jump off Stratosphere nowaways, so props to you!

Standing by for video.

Williamsburg, VA, Droid DNA, Tapatalk

JupiterBMW
03-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Not sure of exact dates, but when I get off the ship I will most likely be going up to the Bay for 1-2 days, probably around the first week of April. I need to take care of some work stuff up that way before I fly home to Florida. Would love to meet some of you if you're interested in getting together...

Avetiso
03-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Bump. Let's consider first week of April as well.

Pip
03-06-2013, 10:32 PM
1st weekend of April works for me.

Johal E32
03-07-2013, 09:57 AM
I always keep an eye for activities happening in the Bay Area. I travel a lot so it is always hit and miss. We will see.

I am going to see if I can go to that Car Control Clinic in April at Candlestick.

I will be at the CCC in Candlestick!

NorCalZman
03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
They filled up before I could sign up. Oh well. Represent for me!

Johal E32
03-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Damn. Same here..

I guess I'm not going either :(

trancenation
05-28-2013, 12:06 PM
bump for any updates? I'm down to have a Nor Cal event this summer!