PDA

View Full Version : The New Baby (BMW 330cic ZHP) is Home

BCS_ZHP
01-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Again, I'm not the best of picture takers but got the newest acquisition home this afternoon and bedded down next to the other one. And we had snow, so didn't want to get too close up cause they're all dirty. So here are some shots of the 5 vehicles currently in my possession, probably one of the few times for a while where I'll have 3 Bimmers in one shot. The '03 non-ZHP vert is going up for sale soon.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Great cars, Bruce. Only one more acquisition to go: a ZHP for you.

ZSP-Mafia
01-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Aaaaah, another ZHP finds a good home.

mimalmo
01-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Nice. Just needs a ZHP sedan to be complete. :)

BCS_ZHP
01-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Hope this isn't blasphemy, but what I'd really like to do (if I had the time) is find a totaled ZHP sedan and mate it with an XIT to make the ultimate little grocery getter.

mimalmo
01-30-2011, 08:17 PM
That car already exists (sort of). There's a guy in the DC area that put a ZHP engine into a Touring and then added an ESS Supercharger. It's currently going under the knife for a widebody setup (all metal - no fiberglass).

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=522195

Marcus-SanDiego
01-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Hope this isn't blasphemy, but what I'd really like to do (if I had the time) is find a totaled ZHP sedan and mate it with an XIT to make the ultimate little grocery getter.

As long as it's a ZHP, sir. All good.

jvr826
01-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Nice collection. I have serious garage envy. THAT is a proper 2-car garage!

MrMaico
01-31-2011, 03:48 AM
Nice! I'd have to think that is pretty rare......Vert with Alcantara. It looks like only 8 of 63 in the Registry are Alcantara. I bet it looks awesome.

Barry

nk_zhp
01-31-2011, 06:17 AM
Yup, vert with alcantara... you don't see often. There are 8 known alcantara verts in the registry now.

johnrando
01-31-2011, 07:33 AM
My vert has leather. I'm curious as to how the Alcantera holds up to the elements, being that at some point in time, your top will be down and your interior will definitely get damp, wet, too much sun, dirt, or some kind of exposure to the elements you don't want. John

mr hish
01-31-2011, 09:49 AM
nice collection bro!!!

danewilson77
01-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Funny if you read the thread title "the new baby is hone" followed by post #12.

I guffawed...then tittered.

MasterC17
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Funny if you read the thread title "the new baby is hone" followed by post #12.

I guffawed...then tittered.

I'll admit, I had to go look up two of those words...:eeps

BCS_ZHP
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
John,
Yeah, I'm curious on the stamina of the alcantara too because its going to experience the elements. This is the wife's toy, she never puts the top up during the warmer months, drives it to work top down, parks it that way in a covered area, then returns home to park it in the garage that same way. Plus, Virginia has oppressive humidity in the summer. On cleanliness, I'm pretty fastidious about keeping the corral clean, so that shouldn't be a problem. But have already promised her if wear becomes an issue, then we'll just recover it in leather, a lighter color though.

az3579
01-31-2011, 07:41 PM
John,
then we'll just recover it in leather, a lighter color though.

Just out of curiousity, why in a lighter color? With a red exterior, the darker the better. Anything lighter doesn't look right. Tan on red, especially...
I've never understood this "bright exterior, bright interior" thing. There is no proper contrast. White on tan, red on tan... I'm not seeing it. :dunno

BCS_ZHP
01-31-2011, 08:33 PM
If we have to go that route, and I hope we don't, it will be a lighter color to help keep the interior cooler. I've had convertibles with black interiors before, albeit leather or vinyl, and its not nice to your legs when wearing shorts and you first sit on those black seats if the car has been sitting in the sun with the top down.

On color contrast, its a personal thing. You might prefer the bright exterior, dark interior combo but I'm positive my wife would love an IR exteror with a sand or light gray leather interior (she's mentioned it before). Of course the leather would hold the heat of the sun moreso than the alcantara but she's a woman, so there's no reasoning with them. If you by chance are smart enough to figure them out though, then you my brother will become an instant millionaire.

kayger12
02-01-2011, 03:32 AM
she's a woman, so there's no reasoning with them. If you by chance are smart enough to figure them out though, then you my brother will become an instant multi-billionaire.
^^^^
Fixed

MasterC17
02-01-2011, 05:18 AM
John,
Yeah, I'm curious on the stamina of the alcantara too because its going to experience the elements. This is the wife's toy, she never puts the top up during the warmer months, drives it to work top down, parks it that way in a covered area, then returns home to park it in the garage that same way. Plus, Virginia has oppressive humidity in the summer. On cleanliness, I'm pretty fastidious about keeping the corral clean, so that shouldn't be a problem. But have already promised her if wear becomes an issue, then we'll just recover it in leather, a lighter color though.

Why not just swap interiors between the Coupe & the Vert? I'd love some Alcantara.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Guys, I moved the PHX yellow discussion to the proper thread. Find it in the ZHP Classifieds forum.

MrMaico
02-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Why not just swap interiors between the Coupe & the Vert? I'd love some Alcantara.

The headrests are different and the way the front seatbelts mount is different since there is no b pillar on a vert. The rear headrests have the built in rollbar that pops them up in a rollover. Not sure though if the front seat itself is any different or not. I think the rear seat has a different shape to it also.

MasterC17
02-02-2011, 01:24 PM
The headrests are different and the way the front seatbelts mount is different since there is no b pillar on a vert. The rear headrests have the built in rollbar that pops them up in a rollover. Not sure though if the front seat itself is any different or not. I think the rear seat has a different shape to it also.

:eeps Umm...I knew that all along I was just testing you ;)

BCS_ZHP
02-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Master,
Yes, as Maico said the seatbelts are different -- conv's have the seatbelt mounted to the headrest of the front seats. Believe the rest of the front seats are the same. Along with the pop up roll bars in the rear seat headrests, the rear seat width is not as wide as a coupe because part of the conv top mechanism goes down behind the rear interior side panels. This width difference extends down to the side rails of the car -- a conv floor mat set is narrower than the same set for a coupe. Plus the rear seat has distinct cutouts for only two people and only 2 sets of seatbelts, not 3 sets like on a coupe.

johnrando
02-05-2011, 08:18 PM
This is a little off the main thread but I have to say two comments about the posts on the interior:
1st) I have a black leather interior and it does not bother me in the least in the heat, although I do try to keep it out of the sun just for wear n tear... I'm sure the high humidity heat would feel much worse on a black seat though.
2nd) I love the light/dark combo such as tan interior/red (or black) exterior). Now, for a vert, I personally wouldn't go for a light interior just because of the hassle of keeping it clean (my top is down as much as possible, which is a LOT in SoCal), but i DO love that look. John

Mike V
02-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Nice addition! What's the asking price for the other 'vert?

Nice collection. I have serious garage envy. THAT is a proper 2-car garage!

Every time you post, I think to myself, "damn his car looks good." :) Your wheel choice is just perfect for your car color.

BCS_ZHP
02-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Mike,
Sorry for the delay, just getting back tonight, have been in the middle of no-where-ville Nevada high desert country -- Nevada Automotive Test Center. The name's a bit deceiving, its a military vehicle test range with limited cell coverage, no wi-fi, and cold as heck. We were testing some of my company's vehicles, all good stuff, but was pretty much out of touch with the world for a week.

I put the '03 non-ZHP vert on CL for $12.5K, got a few hits, one is supposed to look at it this weekend. The Indy I use wants to consign it, might clear a little more if I decide to go that route. My wife dropped the car off at his shop this week for him to conduct an assessment. Mechanically the car is fine and all up to date, cosmetically I suspect his recommendation will be a full detail and fix some stone chips on the front. If you're interested, PM me and we can talk more details and a better price for a fellow member.
Bruce