PDA

View Full Version : Replacing shocks/struts on 01' 325xi

Crestwood1001
04-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Im having a harder then expected time finding replacement options that are XI specific, I know the usual contenders but im not looking to do a cup kit right now, id rather keep it OEM for the time being. Is it essential to be xi specific for shocks and struts or will a normal 325i setup work properly? Any helps appreciated.

johnnyrad
04-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Many parts for the xi models are only usable for the xi. Turner has specific options for shocks and struts for 3 series xi. I have koni yellows and HR springs in the rear and Bilstein sports in the front and am very pleased. Economical and the car stance is perfect for the xi IMHO.

johnnyrad
04-11-2013, 08:54 AM
My apologies, I guess I really didn't answer your question. My xi didn't come with sport package, and I wanted a slightly lowered look with stiffer sportier suspension. So I basically upgraded to a sport suspension. I would email Turner Motorsports or ECS and simply ask them you want OEM options.

Crestwood1001
04-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the response, for the time being my mechanic is installing Monroe shocks and struts, I don't have the time or funds to do it myself, he's doing all 4 corners with labor and an alignment for 550$ which is very reasonable

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2