PDA

View Full Version : ebay 2000 "ZHP" Sprt wagon

ELCID86
04-22-2013, 02:06 PM
According to the ad, this is a "Very Rare 330it ZHP Sport Wagon". Very rare indeed!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-BMW-3-0-ZHP-330it-Sport-Wagon-/190826093939?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c6e1f1d73#v4-41

Avetiso
04-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Front end has obviously been repainted; very poorly, I might add.

Avetiso
04-22-2013, 03:24 PM
If anyone is looking at this, be warned: Left side of car shows obvious repainting, while right side does not. Leads me to believe that the car was side impacted or angle impacted. Possible suspension damage. He said he worked at a garage, and that it has ZHP suspension and diff. Putting the info together, here is what I think:

Car was involved in accident with suspension damage. He had a parts only ZHP laying around. He pulled suspension off ZHP and put it onto the wagon, along with the diff. Also took the bumper, I assume. Then he put the car back together and got a bad paint job. That is also why the other side does not have the paint mismatch.

midlandtech
04-22-2013, 03:24 PM
That's in my area... I wanna go see it now so i can laugh in person

Avetiso
04-22-2013, 03:27 PM
That's in my area... I wanna go see it now so i can laugh in person
I thought I was being harsh. Get it on video! :rofl

alexandre
04-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Plus this is a coupe cluster. Meaning coupe suspension, etc. (maybe they're the same though).

I'd love to have an RWD 6-speed ZHP wagon, but this car is garbage. LOL

I thought I was being harsh. Get it on video! :rofl

Plus you have to show up in your ZHP for the laughs!

My guess is that it was a front accident involving motor damage as well.

Avetiso
04-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Plus this is a coupe cluster. Meaning coupe suspension, etc. (maybe they're the same though).

I'd love to have an RWD 6-speed ZHP wagon, but this car is garbage. LOL
How can you tell about the cluster? Is it the slanted font?

alexandre
04-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Yup. Sedans are straight, coupes are italic. Look at yours :)

Edit: this isn't even a ZHP cluster. WTF is that car!

Edit 2: NVM, he says it's a ZHP wagon, but it's got a standard 3.0L engine. Who wants a FrankenBMW ?

NorCalZman
04-22-2013, 03:36 PM

Learn something new every day.

Avetiso
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Learn something new every day.
That's how I felt. I was under the impressions that ZHP clusters were the same for both coupes and sedans. I thought only non-ZHP E46s had the differentiation between slanted and standard font? Or are coupe ZHP clusters also slanted?

Mike V
04-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the car that a former service advisor at Baron BMW built (waiting for confirmation of that). If it's the same car, it does indeed have a 3.0 in it. It took quite a while for them to get it running right but as far as I know, it is solid. KC Autosport is a respected shop in town as well. Might be worth checking out. I'll post again if I hear further details.

echo46
04-22-2013, 04:13 PM
He could at least put some gas in it when he shot the pictures.

az3579
04-22-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't think y'all should be knocking that car. He was straightforward about what was done to the car. Maybe he didn't know the car was repainted. I personally can't tell from the pics, so perhaps he's just not sensitive to that sort of thing.

Looks like a solid daily driver to me.

That's how I felt. I was under the impressions that ZHP clusters were the same for both coupes and sedans. I thought only non-ZHP E46s had the differentiation between slanted and standard font? Or are coupe ZHP clusters also slanted?

That is correct. ZHPs have the same cluster. Only non-ZHP's have the slant differentiation between the coupe and sedan.

alexandre
04-22-2013, 04:18 PM

You're right actually. My bad. However, for non-ZHP, I believe this holds true.

midlandtech
04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
I can ask around up at the dealership and see too... Perhaps i was a bit brash with my comment, my beef is the obvious respray/poor color match as well as the advertised rare ZHP wagon when the car is a one off. I would be leery of a car with that much swaping done to it but to each their own I suppose.

jsfbmw
04-23-2013, 04:26 AM

I have a coupe (2006) and the instrument cluster font is normal. As far as this re-worked touring, if there are no show-stopper issues, e.g., mechanical, and it drives well, for the right price it could be a nice choice. Wouldn't have to worry about door-dings or taking it through the car wash.