PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Sat. Receiver died?

Scorpius
04-24-2013, 07:35 AM
2004 330i with the sirius satellite radio (for cars with navigation).
A few weeks back it started throwing the SSR code which looking it up refers to overheating. once car sat for awhile or if i removed battery connections for 10 minutes it would clear it up and play nicely for a few days before the code would return.
now the system seems dead, when i turn it onto sat i see the channels menu but no stations showing or sound. Radio and cd work fine so it's definately the sat. rcvr.
Anyone know how to DIY repair this or a place to send it in for repair vs paying $600 for a new one?

brettbimmer
04-24-2013, 04:52 PM
FWIW, I bought a used Sirius receiver when I bought my car. Believe it was in the $150-200 range if memory serves me correctly. Location is driver's side trunk near storage bin (behind trunk carpeting) if you have not yet found the receiver unit.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Pip
04-24-2013, 05:17 PM
You looking for one of these? I took this one out of my 2005 sedan. I did not have nav and did not have the cd changer so the Blitz uses the cd changer. Let me know if this works for you.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?8683-FS-Blitzsafe-XM-Radio-Hookup-100-shipping

I'll take $600 :begging

M3TA5IN
04-25-2013, 08:11 PM
If you are in a bind and really gotta have Sirius. I believe a have one of the receivers you can take out, like you buy at best buy. I took it and the antenna off the M3.

You can have it until you can fix your real receiver.

Sent from my fancy city machine.

Pip
04-25-2013, 09:58 PM
By the way I was kidding about the $600. Let me know if I can help with my old XM radio setup since it is just collecting dust.