PDA

View Full Version : The thank you thread

Johnmadd
05-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks to everyone for making this a predictable best weekend of the year once again. Next year needs to officially extend to 4 days.

Thank you Dane for allowing us to do this at your house every year.

I had such a good time meeting everyone.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-19-2013, 04:29 PM
We got a four day reunion this year, since my flight got delayed until tomorrow.

Sent from my ZHPMafia.com iPhone

Johnmadd
05-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Still in Richmond?

Avetiso
05-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Even though I wasn't there, thanks for the pictures!

cakM3
05-19-2013, 04:54 PM
A very big thank you to the following people:
- Dane and Morgan for hosting the reunion meet.
- Kyle for the time and quality of the stereo installation for the ///M. Couldn't be happier with the install and good times spent while staying at the outer banks. You da man!!! :cheers
- Katie for putting up with Kyle and I while we tore into my ///M ;)
- Ryan for the awesome carbon fiber ebrake handle...you're the best! :wub
- Joop for taking off my old ebrake handle like a bauce! :thumbsup
- Cam for the carbon fiber fog light surrounds (///M fitment)
- Jon (Au2bahn) for rolling my fenders today and helping me to hatch a plan for the ZHP :thumbsup :ninja

This weekend turned out to be one of the best BMW-related weekends so far :biggrin

edit: and most importantly Marcus for founding this incredible forum where incredible people gather to form a unique "BMW family". Thank you from the bottom of my heart brother!
:chuck

M3TA5IN
05-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks everyone for an awesome weekend! As always we loved seeing everyone and having a good time.

I'd thank the individuals but everyone makes this happen, so I thank you all for being part of and making such an awesome group.

Sorry for anyone that had to deal with drunk Cody Saturday.

Sent from my fancy city machine.

BCS_ZHP
05-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Dane, thanks again for opening up your home to all of us, you are special & unique brother.
Bosses, thanks for the top notch support all around, you guys were everywhere, literally couldn't throw a corn hole bag without hitting one of you.
Everyone, thanks for being part of this wonderful forum and making another Reunion so much fun. A year apart is too long, we'll have to do something in between.

Strider
05-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Dane and company,

I wanted to also say thanks for everything. You were a gracious host, a hell of a cornhole player, and I enjoyed the entire weekend. It was my first time attending, and meeting everyone, and I really felt at ease and part of the group. I am sure you had great help pulling it all together, and they have my gratitude as well.

Also, the road rally was very cool. I know that took some planning, and we really enjoyed zooming around trying to decipher the clues.

I am looking forward to future events. Fair winds and following seas...

Tnhl1989
05-19-2013, 10:07 PM
I would like to thank everyone for caring for me and supporting me with everything. Unfortunately I am stuck on the side of i95 now due to a fuel pump going dead on me after the meet. I had a feeling that it was close when I was on my way down and stopped in Jersey. Strange thing that it had a hard time starting after being off for 2-3 hours. Well tow truck was called and getting it towed to turnersville BMW to get a fuel pump in the morning. Chad and Tovah has been behind me and caught up to me when I broke down the first time a few hours ago. We then filled up with gas and planned on going to NYC for food. The fuel pump went again right after a tow booth. We replaced the fuel filter since I had one in the trunk and thought that it was clogged. That did not solve the problem. Tested the pump voltage and pressure rail. Still nothing because we knew that the pump was getting electricity. Still waiting for the tow and has been about 45 minutes. Chad and Tovah ended up getting a hotel. Looks like we are crashing for the night till I can get the parts to put in the fuel pump. Contacted my job that I won't be making it in today due to that. Sucks that I only started two weeks ago and I ended up crapping out a day already. Well again Chad and Tovah are awesome people and it helps so much that I was ahead of them and they were able to give me a hand with everything. :) front and rear tow hooks set up and ready.

Whitexi
05-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Tony, best of luck and hope you car is back ASAP. After all that work too but it will be good as new.

This years meet was a great turn out, and its everyone's helping hand that got it to where it was. Thank you all and especially Dane for allowing us to invade his home again! It was nice to catch up with people and meet new members.

ELCID86
05-20-2013, 03:21 AM
Thanks to Dane (and family) for hosting--hope your lawn recovers and the recycling guys don't boycott your place and leave you with all those cans and bottles. Really nice meeting many of you--great group of ppl.

GMATT
05-20-2013, 03:32 AM
THANKS...............to my fellow ZHP Mafia!

*Dane and Morgan for the generous hospitality!
*All the new people I got to meet
*Kyle and Katie........repairs and Mods, made the ride home great! 1 touch rears ftw!
*BP......Coding, you da man!
*Charlie.......well Charlie!:pimp
*Bruce and Preston, nice "fleet" LOL
*JayJay what a great outlook you have
*David.......one word, London Broil (I know it's 2)
*Ryan and Kyle, great job on name tags, oh, and Lucy!
*Rando...........congrats on your new status, you will be a great asset
*Jon.....Jupiter what can I say, your car "Rocks!
*Brett...........The parking "wizard"
*To all those responsible or great pics, thanks!
*Bryan/snowboarding what a ride!LOL

And to our great Godfather, Mark you had a vision, and like a true leader have turned the controls over to very capable people.

Thanks to all those mentioned and for those I missed.

Next year!

Gary

johnrando
05-20-2013, 06:50 AM
-Mark, for all you've done and handing the site over to Dane/Keith.
-Mark/Dane/Keith: for having confidence in me for my new title
-All: for your vote of confidence or votes of congratulations
-Dane/Morgan: for opening your home to us
-Cars/rides
- not having my car at the meet is a bummer, but the plus is you get to ride/drive many a great car.
- airport pickup - Dane.
- airport drop off - Charlie.
- rides/drives - Dane, Charlie, Vinny, BP, Jon, Sean, Jay Jay
-Games
- Dane - road rally was awesome
- BP - road rally partner. You drove like a gentlemen the whole time and we still placed.
- David - awesome cornhole partner
-Friendships/kindness/conversation - everyone there. What a great group!

kayger12
05-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks to Dane and his family for once again opening their home to the hordes.

Thanks to those who watched me play corn hole and didn't laugh TOO hard when I threw bags in the grass.

Thanks to Jon for making sure I didn't have the ugliest toe at the meet.

Thanks to those who laughed at all of my jokes. Even the lame ones. Especially the lame ones.

Thanks to those who went out of their way to talk to the newer members and first time attendees and ensure that they felt welcome.

Thanks to the members who step up every year to help with cooking, parking, name tags, and all of the other logistics.

Thanks to BP for doing some kick-ass coding of my baby.

Thanks to Mark for paying for virtually every morsel of food and several of the beers that I ingested the whole weekend... oh yeah, and for giving me a website.

And finally, thanks to each and every one of you and your significant others for making this the best meet yet.

Can't wait for next year!

Mtnman
05-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Thank you to Dane first and foremost. You are most gracious with your home and its grounds. Once again, it looked great and it had everything we needed. It even had new knives......which i could not have sliced 10 London broils without. Thank you. And my favorite part of Sunday was you spitting out your beer at a joke, and feeding my lady beers (like that was hard to do). And don't worry, she likes you a lot. (Even if you are a little bossy, lol)

To mark. Thanks for starting this. When i signed up i had no idea this site had less than 100 members. Your baby sure has grown. Thank you for leaving it in capable hands. Oh, and thanks for spending $1800 of my money. Damn you.

Keith. My abs still hurt. You are the comedic relief for those of us who like dry, vulgar, and smart ass humor. You made my weekend because you kept kate and me entertained till the end. I laughed more this weekend than i have in a long time. Thank you for that. Ill hit you up on the bat phone next week from the beach.

Rando. PARTNER! Thanks for driving my girl to the meet saturday morning. Sorry Jon screwed up our communication about that. Your personality is infectious, as you seem to be always happy. Yu are a great cornhole partner. Cant wait to defend our title. Glad we let dane and Keith think they had a chance.....
And congrats on the new boss-ness.

Cam, Jon, devlin. Awesome housemates. Had a great time. Hope we can do it again if Kate and i aren't too much for you guys. Cam, thanks for helping prep the broils. Jon, thanks for ferrying us to dinner sat night. Devlin. Well, one word....FIREBALL!!!!!!

Ry, kyle, kpro and socket. Didnt see you guys much, but enjoyed the house together. Hope we hang more next year. Kpro and rob, best of luck with the twins. Ry, thanks for the awesome drive in friday. That last hour was perfect.

Gmattt. Thanks for cooking the real dinner friday! Excellent as always!

Kyle. Bread is perfect. I mean it. Dipped in the meat drippings. Damn. Thanks for that again.

BP thanks for ferrying my lady to the ABC store saturday night. Crucial. Even if you are the slowest taxi in Virginia, it was worth it.

James and jeff. Glad we caught up on the way down. Great to meet both of you as you are some of the closest people to us. 5 car train into VA was perfect. Hope to see you two sooner than next year. Jeff, thanks for cleaning up after my cooking.

To everyone else there. I had a great time. It is because of all of you that i did. Thanks for putting up with Kate and My shenanigans all weekend. We had a blast with all of you. Glad i got to spend some personal time with many of you either at the meet or back at the condo. Can not wait until next year.

David

johnrando
05-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Holy cow! I knew I'd forget.... THE FOOD and the music!
Thanks to David for the London Broil, delicious! Thanks to Gary for cooking all the burgers, meat, etc. Thanks to Kyle for the bread and all the desserts. Thanks to Dane's kids for the music.

Torxuvin
05-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Dane: The house is great. We all appreciate the hospitality. I went in to the weekend unsure if I was making a mistake by going all the way up to Virginia. Had a fantastic time. Thanks for all you do behind the scenes. And I actually really enjoyed the scavenger hunt. Great weekend.

Tony: Dude. Crazy trip back up. Glad you made it alright through everything. Thanks for the coding and for letting me borrow tools.

Rob/Ryan/Brett/Kyle/Chad/Jon/Dane/Everyone else. Those brakes. Wow. I feel like I took a crash course in problem solving. Every time I learn how to work on a new system of the car, I feel empowered. It's so much easier after the first time. I really appreciate the help and direction. I probably would have ended up at one of my indie shops without you guys. Going to tackle the rears in the next few weeks on my own. Should be interesting.

BP: You're a gentleman and a scholar. Love the lights. Now I just need to find a decent set of side markers. ;)

It was so great seeing/meeting all you guys. Lots of great people I have many other thanks to give out. Definitely plan to pay it forward.

JupiterBMW
05-20-2013, 05:04 PM
This is going to be a long post... Oh boy, here we go..

Marcus- Seriously, look at how incredible of a community you started. Its pretty amazing and we all owe you ultimately for investing not only money but time, effort and emotion into such a wonderful family affair. Your send off note on Friday night really showed how much you care. So, thanks for that.

Dane- Bud, your words to me on Friday afternoon shortly after we arrived really made me feel good man. You are an incredibly giving person and your family reflects that. Your wife is a Saint for handling this, not only once but every year... Your kids are awesome, even though one of them hangs with a guy that wears skinny jeans. :facepalm Tell Logan he has a future in detailing, his wheel cleaning work was top notch. But seriously, thank you for hosting this, taking the time and effort to organize it, and also for being the face of the Mafia Reunion every year. A lot of stress can ride on that, and hopefully we didn't leave your town in shambles. So, thanks for putting your faith in us! Seriously, I can't thank you enough for not only the Reunion, but also for holding the forum together as well every day.

Keith- Geezus your humor is too much. Thanks for also keeping this family together. I can only imagine how much work it is for you guys, and you all do it with ease. Thanks for bringing such a sexy car, all the goodies were nice to oogle over.

Rando- Thanks for being such a friendly guy. You always offer to get together when I'm over in CA, and you've been a great friend ever since. Thanks for the expertise with the fender rolling, couldn't have done it without you, or at least I'd still be doing it...

David, Gary, and Kyle- Without your cooking, I wouldn't have gained all that weight this weekend. So, thank you guys for the reason to keep my gym membership... The london broils, the bread, the burgers and the extras were all amazing. Food might be one of my favorite activities of the weekend, so yes, thank you a million times over.

Shawn- Dude, at the LAST MINUTE you jumped in my car for the rally (obviously you chose the best looking car there, so I can't blame you! :rofl). Without you, I would still be looking for historic Jamestown. Thank you for your incredible knowledge and history smarts, you really pulled off the win for the rally scavenger hunt. I of course had to do nothing but point the car in the right direction and GO... Granted, we all know I don't have the best track record for keeping the car pointing straight, but we outwitted and outdrove the competition for the win!

David, Kate, Cam, Devlin, Liza- Thanks for being great housemates for the weekend. The David antics were wonderful comedic relief and of course, we had ridiculous fun with all of you. Kate still managed to make me drink some Fireball, but maybe next year I'll have some willpower... Most likely not.

Ryan, Kyle, Rob, Kristen- Thank YOU guys for being insanely understanding of our downstairs antics. I have no idea how you guys put up with us. You guys are such good people, great seeing Ryan/Kyle again, and of course, Lucy is still gorgeous. Rob/Kristen- Great meeting you guys and loved checking out your cars. Thanks Rob for letting me drive you car, I loooove how she sounds and rides. No thanks for making me want to buy suspension now, you're contributing to my obsession and empty wallet! :biggrin Congrats on the twins, and here's to a safe and healthy delivery.

Chad, Tovah, Cody & Mrs. Cody (I'm sorry your first names escapes me at this point)- You guys brought even more entertainment to the condo, thanks for making it out and joining in the antics. Cody, your E90 is so sexy :drool. Tovah, next year we will NOT miss the outlets... :biggrin

Charlie- Thanks for being a great friend all year and helping me out with all kinds of stuff. Thanks for NOT giving me a ride in the ///M as I'd surely be looking to buy one right now like I'm sure Devlin is. :rofl It was great to finally meet you man, and can't wait to see you next year.

BP- Your coding wizardry is amazing, and thanks for taking care of my car at the last hour of the meet.

Tony- Thanks for setting me up with coding software and the cable. I hope I was able to help you out as much as you helped me. Thanks again for the many hours of computer magic leading up to and at the meet. And thanks for the photo tips, you're clearly really good at what you do.

Bruce, Stu- You guys make station wagons SO EFFING PIMP... 'nuff said. :thumbsup

Thanks to everyone else that came out and made my first Reunion unforgettable, and definitely NOT my last. As we've all said a hundred times now, the people here make this all what it is, and you guys are the best. I hope others read this thread and decide to come next year, it'll be great to meet you as well. Thanks to the wives and girlfriends for putting up with this ridiculous obsession that all of us share. And for those of you ladies that are ALSO into this, props to you!

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of people, but I hope I've conveyed that you all make this group awesome, so thank you. I hope I can give you guys half the help and kindness you've all given me.

cakM3
05-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Holy cow! I knew I'd forget.... THE FOOD and the music!
Thanks to Dave for the London Broil, delicious! Thanks to Gary for cooking all the burgers, meat, etc. Thanks to Kyle for the bread and all the desserts. Thanks to Dane's kids for the music.

+1000! :thumbsup

We must not forget these guys....the London broil was awesome David!!! Gary, you always come through with the burgers and everything else....great job to the both of you guys!!!

@ Jon....I will let you drive the ZHP next year since I will be bringing it (DSC will be engaged)....remember....it has the sprint booster/sport button mod....if you haven't done this by the next meet you will have to check this out :ninja

JupiterBMW
05-20-2013, 05:22 PM
....it has the sprint booster/sport button mod....if you haven't done this by the next meet you will have to check this out :ninja

I drove rando's car with this mod last year... I will have it before the reunion, I promise! :biggrin

wsmeyer
05-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks to everyone for keeping us updated with pics. Really hope to make it next year!

az3579
05-21-2013, 12:16 PM
To ALL of the BAUCEs:
ALL of you made it, despite a couple of you being on the extreme opposite side of the country. That shows the dedication you have to our members, and the fact that you'd give up a little family time to be with us. Thank you for making and keeping this community what it is.

Charlie:
Thank you so much for hooking me up with five star accommodations for the weekend! You made my attendance at the reunion possible.
It was a hoot to drive up VA with you on the way back, as always. Shake n' bake, brother.

Tony:
Dude, you kept me well fed on the way home and made sure I wasn't overloaded with coding requests. Thanks for helping out! It was awesome to see you and Sammi!!

Kyle and Katie:
You two crack me up. I'm excited to come see you in September!

Keith:
You have a remarkable energy that is incredibly infectious. I don't know what it is, but it's still staying with me.

Rando:
You are an amazing rally partner! Not only are you entertaining to talk to, but boy can you run to achieve a goal. I would be honored to have you as a rally partner if it happens again...

David, Kathleen:
I'll tell you what, you two are extremely entertaining to watch when you have some drinks in you. Lol
The London Broil was friggin' delicious, and it was an honor driving your 135i, David. Kathleen: I can't believe how much fun I could have on a short trip to the liquor store with you. I wonder how David responded to the gift you left him on his radio...

Brett:
You have an amazing personality. You're always so upbeat and helpful. Thank you for being there; you definitely bring a smile to my face.

Jon:
Dude, you have saved me countless hours of frustration by showing me how to take out headlights an easier way with washer nozzles in place. I appreciate the tip, and enjoyed driving your ZHP! Very smooth machine, and is the pinnacle of a well maintained and tastefully modded ZHP. You give me something to stride for, both you and Charlie.

Cam:
Thanks for buying my lights! You funded my detailing products for the future so I could make my car look half as good as the rest of everyone else's! I hope you enjoy them!

I am missing some people but at this point I'm going on and on. I really want to thank each and every one of you for making this the best vacation I could ask for this year! I am very glad to have met some newer folks (Devlin, Cam, Adolfo, Sean, just to name a few) in addition to the other folks I've already known. Glad you all could make it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Ryans323i
05-21-2013, 12:45 PM
My turn.

I'd like to thank everyone. Kyle and I had a great time. Great conversations and good company. Can't beat it!

Some specifics:

BP: Thanks for coding Lucy. Already used the windows functions. However, I can't un-train my left foot for the clutch-less start!

John & Brett: You two made my freak'n rainy Saturday awesome. Thanks for spending time with us, and letting us get to know you better. Y'all are good people, and I'm so thankful for the time we spent together. I can't wait to see you both again!

Gary: The food on Friday was delish. There's three things needed for a great meet: family, cars, and food!

Dane: Again, being able to gather on your front lawn is great. I know it's a tax on your family and septic. Thanks!

Returning Mafia wives( GF's): Tovah, Katie, Katie, Anne, and JayJay's beauty. It was wonderful to see y'all again. You girls have put a smile on my face 2 years in a row.

New Mafia wives (GF's): Sammy, Jeanne, Liza, Alfredo's wife. Just so you know, you have to come next year too! Great to meet you.

fredo
05-21-2013, 01:29 PM
New Mafia wives (GF's): Sammy, Jeanne, Liza, Alfredo's wife. Just so you know, you have to come next year too! Great to meet you.

Wait a second, do we have another Alfredo in the family ?

jayjay_dee
05-21-2013, 02:15 PM
I would think she is referring to Alfonso's wife, Don Alfonso...

az3579
05-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Damn it, I knew I was missing folks. Thanks for the awesome white and red hots, Gary!! Yumm

Marcus-SanDiego
05-21-2013, 06:37 PM
It was a bittersweet reunion for me.

On the one hand, I enjoyed seeing everyone (I always do). On the other hand, it was the end of an era for me. The next time I see you guys, I will be unaffiliated with management. I'm sure new management will consult with me from time to time, but I will no longer be involved on a daily basis. I know I'll miss that.

When I made the announcement that I was handing the forum over to Dane and Keith, I understood (in a small way, I'm sure) how it must feel for a parent to send their kid off to college. You've raised the child, and given him or her all of the tools to succeed, but it's time for the child to be on his or her own. The hard work -- for the parent -- is done. The parent simply hopes that the kid does well after that.

Anyhow, enough of that.

It was great spending extended periods of time with people. I have rarely been able to do that at previous meets. I went out of my way this time, though, to spend some quality time with people.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again at a future meet. It will be nice to be there as a regular member of this forum.

All the best to everyone.

az3579
05-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Well, it's not like you'll never see us again, right? Right??

Ryans323i
05-22-2013, 04:26 AM
I would think she is referring to Alfonso's wife, Don Alfonso...

Yes, yes I am. :facepalm

kpro
05-22-2013, 05:43 AM
I would like to thank everyone for caring for me and supporting me with everything. Unfortunately I am stuck on the side of i95 now due to a fuel pump going dead on me after the meet. I had a feeling that it was close when I was on my way down and stopped in Jersey. Strange thing that it had a hard time starting after being off for 2-3 hours. Well tow truck was called and getting it towed to turnersville BMW to get a fuel pump in the morning. Chad and Tovah has been behind me and caught up to me when I broke down the first time a few hours ago. We then filled up with gas and planned on going to NYC for food. The fuel pump went again right after a tow booth. We replaced the fuel filter since I had one in the trunk and thought that it was clogged. That did not solve the problem. Tested the pump voltage and pressure rail. Still nothing because we knew that the pump was getting electricity. Still waiting for the tow and has been about 45 minutes. Chad and Tovah ended up getting a hotel. Looks like we are crashing for the night till I can get the parts to put in the fuel pump. Contacted my job that I won't be making it in today due to that. Sucks that I only started two weeks ago and I ended up crapping out a day already. Well again Chad and Tovah are awesome people and it helps so much that I was ahead of them and they were able to give me a hand with everything. :) front and rear tow hooks set up and ready.

I wish I would have seen this yesterday, I work at turnersville automall could have helped you out. Thats the BMW dealer I worked at, next door at Acura now. Good to hear you're back home though.

Sockethead
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Thanks Dane for another stellar meet.
Mark, along with the other guys, you've built a great site and how noble of you to pass the torch to Dane and Keith.
John, thanks for the roll! It's great that you make the trip every year.. It wouldn't be the same without you
Ry and Kyle, there aren't enough words to describe how Kpro and feel about you guys, it was great rooming with you and we can't wait to see you guys again.
John, it was fun driving each others cars sorry I ruined the Dinan exhaust for you lol.
Stu, quit worrying about that damn LSD mixup! Yer car is awesome! I want a ride next time!
Dave, good to see you back in a Bimmer!
Kyle, I don't know what I liked better, the bread or the banana pudding thing...
Brett and John, I'm glad you guys were at the pizza shop after everyone left. Bowling was a blast ... Next time maybe I'll keep it out of the left gutter, eh?
Charlie, BP, I always look forward to seeing you guys...Bimmerfest?
To everyone else that I've forgotten (because to have a shitty memory and I'm writing this at work) it was great hangin ' wit ya!
We'll see some of you at Bimmerfest as long as Kpro doesn't pop by then, to the rest: I can't wait for next year!

DasMechaniKer
05-22-2013, 01:31 PM
I have to say that I came this year with much more excitement than I did last year. I know I don't post on here a lot but I hear about you guys all the time, I feel like I'm more a part of this place than I show and I'm gonna try to change that!

Anyway,

Dane: You are a very generous host. Your hospitality knows no bound. I hope that after we call come crash your place for a couple days that it doesn't take your family too long to get back into the swing of things. And Logan is one hell of a young man. I didn't really talk to any of your other children but I'm sure they are a great image of their father as well.

Rob and Kristen: You two "SLIP CLUTCH BEATISES!!" I love you guys, what can I say. I loved sharing the condo with you two and enjoyed all the talk about Bacon and Eggs. I'm so excited for you two and let us know how we can help out for sure. It's always a pleasure to be in your company and I can't wait to see you both again later this year. Watch out for those blown rear main seals in the meantime, I hear they can be awful smelly.

Charlie: You are the M3 MAN brother. I'm so happy your livin life to the fullest and lovin every minute of it. Thanks for calling me family. Can't wait to see you again bro.

Rando: It was great to see you man. You always have kind words to share and deeply care about so many of the Mafia members on a totally different level. Our talk about how life was going back home really touched me. You are truly a thoughtful and unique man. Thank you.

Marc: We never talk much, I don't know why...probably just how things work out. Thank you for bringing all these great people together on ZHPMafia and thank you even more for giving it to such capable guys to take care of. I'm sure they'll do you proud.

David, Cam, Jon, Kate: You guys were some good roomies. Thanks for putting up with the old farts upstairs. The ride in was great too! John you missed out on that my man!

David, Kyle, Gary: The food was to die for guys! I'm usually the one doing the cooking at the house and I totally appreciate not having to cook this weekend and still eat so well. Thanks guys!!

Brett and John: Thanks for missing the group photo! I don't think I would have gotten to know you two on a more personal level if you hadn't. Bowling was a blast and I enjoyed shooting your ZHP Brett.

And thank you all for allowing me to shoot your BMWs this weekend. It was an honor and I really had a good time with it.

As I said after last year's meet....This place is very unique. So much love, so many friends, and very good times. We all need to try to get together more often. You are all missed already! A huge THANK YOU to everyone for coming and making this meet so memorable.

OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT......

Ryan: Thank you for introducing me to this crazy bunch. Thank you for dragging me with you last year for the first time even though I thought we were heading into a mass of axe murderers. Thank you for loving me, you are the love of my life.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Marc: We never talk much, I don't know why...probably just how things work out. Thank you for bringing all these great people together on ZHPMafia and thank you even more for giving it to such capable guys to take care of. I'm sure they'll do you proud.

My guess is that we don't talk much at these meets because I tend to spend my available time with those I have known for years. That we don't communicate at ZHPMafia.com very much, is part of the reason I don't know you very well -- and why I don't spend a lot of time with you at the meet. It's just a familiarity thing.

Having said that, I do enjoy talking to you when I do have the chance to converse with you. Next year, I imagine that I will spend more time with you because of our recent interaction at ZHPMafia.com. Up until the past week, I only knew you tangentially through Ryan. That has recently changed.

Looking forward to talking with you more in the future.

DasMechaniKer
05-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Looking forward to talking with you more in the future.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Ryans323i
05-23-2013, 03:30 AM
Smh Kyle. You're a dork, and you're welcome. :wub

Sent from my walkie talkie.

Sockethead
05-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Smh Kyle. You're a dork, and you're welcome. :wub

Sent from my walkie talkie.

Forum couples... Geeze!

johnrando
05-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Forum couples... Geeze!

lol

brettbimmer
06-02-2013, 03:45 AM
Wow, this is waaaay overdue, but better late then never!

Wilson family, thank you once again for opening your home and allowing a bunch of BMW car nuts to commandeer your home for the weekend. Your generosity is much appreciated. I truly hope that we didn't leave you with too much of a mess once we wrapped up on Sunday.

DW, thank you for putting this wonderful event together for a third year! I know it takes a considerable amount of time, money, and energy, and this year's event was definitely a success. Mark (Boss Emeritus), thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for the mafia. Without your hard work, we never would've had this family come together in the first place. (Mafia Father) Keith, thanks for the good laughs as always. Thanks for keeping us in check on the forum. John Rando (New Boss), it was a pleasure to spend the weekend with you, and congrats on joining the forum bosses. I am sure that your positivity will continue to abound in your new roll!

JupiterJon - Hey man, it was a pleasure to finally meet you in person, and a big THANK YOU for all of your help with parking logistics over the weekend. I could not have done it without ya. By the way, your AW baby looks really beautiful in person. I continue to enjoy reading about the mods to her online.

BP - Great to see you as always buddy! Thanks for the help and offer to run the mafia ring taxi! Likewise, thank you for your work with all of the coding. It is awesome that you are able to work your magic on all of our cars. Hope to see you before next May...perhaps at another BMW event, or a driving school.

Johnmadd/(The Stig) - It was great to see you buddy. Thanks for driving for the rally. We are like Lewis & Clark...except slower, LOL! I had a great time with that on Saturday, even if we didn't bring home a trophy. Likewise to our mafia bowling league - good werk Saturday afternoon! Keep up the good progress on the E30. Maybe next year you can take me out for a ride in her.

Ryan & Kyle: I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with you both on Saturday afternoon, and getting to know you both beyond the forum. You two make a wonderful couple and complement each other quite well...and a wicked bowling team to boot! Kyle, thanks again for the rolling photos of my car. You have a gift with the camera, and I will look forward to seeing more of your work on the forum. Thanks to the chase-car driver too! Lucy looks awesome as always!

Kristen, Rob, Bacon & Eggs: Much like what I just said to Ryan & Kyle, it was really wonderful getting to spend more time with you both on Saturday afternoon & evening. Thanks for tolerating my unpredictable bowling practice/scores. The ZHP & the One are both beautiful. Good luck with the progression with Bacon & Eggs! I hope to see you at the next event - Bimmerfest East?

Gary, thank you for making your annual trek to Williamsburg, and keeping us all fed with excellent health food! Maybe one day I will get to enjoy The Glen from the eyes of a veteran instructor.

Corolla, NC Kyle - Like I have said to Gary above, thank you for assisting me in gaining a few pounds over the weekend. You have a gift in the kitchen, and thank you for sharing that with the family. Hope that the new wiring harness has fixed the engine problems. I'm keeping an eye on the OBX meet - would love to make it down if I can break away from work!

Cody, Katie, Chad, and Tovah - It was great catching up with you all on Saturday evening. I'm sorry that I did not see you more during the weekend. Oh well, hopefully at Bimmerfest, OBX meet, or another time soon. Beware of the C.T.'s. Thanks for the laughs!

Charlie - The M3 is beautiful. Not sure I can top that statement, except to say that she sounds as good as she looks...both under the hood and with the stereo on! Watch out for the carbon fiber fairy - she can be quite costly! It was wonderful to see you as always, and good luck keeping the Bavarian ladies in good shape. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Ryan & Ann - Great seeing you both this year, and love the new MINI. She looks awesome! Sorry about the tree sap on Friday. Hopefully it wasn't too tough to remove from the paint! Hope to see you before next year's meet.

Jayjay & The Mrs. - Wonderful to see you both this year. Car looks great! Hope that the fender roll fixed the rubbing issue on the ZHP!! Thanks for bringing a very positive attitude and a great sense of humor to the meet. If you ever find yourselves in MD, please look me up!

Bruce & John (Auto2bahn) - Sorry I did not get to see you guys much on Sat, but glad that I was able to as least say a quick hello at Cars & Coffee. Thanks for all that you do for the mafia!

Cam - Great to meet you. Hope that the brakes are now working well! As to the CDV, perhaps you will have a chance to get it removed (if it is still in place) in the near future. Hopefully it will not be as big a fight as the bolts on the front brake rotors!

To everyone that I have omitted above, thanks for being in attendance and making the 2013 meet a success! It was awesome meeting all of the new attendees, and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

:wave

Ryans323i
06-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Brettski, again, I wouldn't have had that day go any differently. Hope to see you before the next meet.