PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Meet Car Photos

DasMechaniKer
05-20-2013, 01:21 PM
I managed to get a couple nice shots at the meet. Albeit I'm VERY new at car photography. Let me know what you think. I'll post them as I process them.

This is Brettski's Imola

Oli77
05-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Massive gorgeousness with a dab of angled acceleration in a colorful display of beauty.

Two thumbs up! and you're new at this?

fredo
05-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Man, that's a very cool picture !

I wonder if my son could be upset if I replace his pic with this one on my screen saver.

wsmeyer
05-20-2013, 01:31 PM
That's a great shot, would be perfect as desktop wallpaper.

I would photoshop out the transponder below the rear view mirror and the sticker in the left rear window.

Also, I'm not wild about the flair but that's just personal opinion. I also think it would look cleaner with the license plate photoshopped out but it does identify it as HIS car so I don't know.

JupiterBMW
05-20-2013, 01:41 PM
New at this my butt! Looks amazing!

DasMechaniKer
05-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Charlie and Stuart's ride outside Belissimo's

Ryans323i
05-20-2013, 02:02 PM
The picture of Brettski's car is amazing. Love it honey.

I meant to say this before, but the picture almost captures how clean Brettski's car is. Looks like he just drove it off the lot, inside and out.
Sent from my walkie talkie.

DasMechaniKer
05-20-2013, 02:06 PM
That's a great shot, would be perfect as desktop wallpaper.

I would photoshop out the transponder below the rear view mirror and the sticker in the left rear window.

Also, I'm not wild about the flair but that's just personal opinion. I also think it would look cleaner with the license plate photoshopped out but it does identify it as HIS car so I don't know.

Thanks for the input. If Brett wants them edited out I will. Kinda lets you know it's his car though.

DasMechaniKer
05-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Jeff's Imola

Johnmadd
05-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Awesome shots Kyle, just wow! :drool
I'm new to all aspects of this but you my friend have shooting experience shooting wildlife, and it seems you have a knack for cars also.
I have no idea about processing, but you definitely have skillz there too.
Did you happen to get a shot of mine?

Ryans323i
05-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Awesome shots Kyle, just wow! :drool
I'm new to all aspects of this but you my friend have shooting experience shooting wildlife, and it seems you have a knack for cars also.
I have no idea about processing, but you definitely have skillz there too.
Did you happen to get a shot of mine?

I know Kyle got a few night shots at Belissimos, but imo they suck. And i know he really wanted to get some rolling shots on Sunday, and he's bummed it didn't happen. He didn't get any of Rob and Kris's cars either.

Johnmadd
05-20-2013, 02:45 PM
I know Kyle got a few night shots at Belissimos, but imo they suck. And i know he really wanted to get some rolling shots on Sunday, and he's bummed it didn't happen. He didn't get any of Rob and Kris's cars either.

Its all good, he'll get more chances. I wanted to do the same, did not know anyone else did.

DasMechaniKer
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the compliments John. And no I don't have any shots of your car. I really regret not getting the chance to take you out for photos on maintenance day like we talked about. I was elbows deep in Cam's rotor removal after I shot Brett's car and when I looked up it was time to go.

Get that sucker shined up for next year (or maybe Bimmerfest East if we can make it) and I'll def shoot it then. By that time I'll even have more practice at this car photography thing and should be able to give you something better than what we missed out on this weekend.

Johnmadd
05-20-2013, 02:54 PM
So Bimmerfest it is then :biggrin

johnrando
05-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Kyle, great shots! Next year, let's think about doing official rolling shots again.

Torxuvin
05-20-2013, 03:38 PM
I really regret not getting the chance to take you out for photos on maintenance day like we talked about. I was elbows deep in Cam's rotor removal after I shot Brett's car and when I looked up it was time to go.

:facepalm I don't wish rusted retainer bolts on anyone. Thanks again. Wait til you see the pictures of how we took the driver side off. :rofl

DasMechaniKer
05-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Kyle, great shots! Next year, let's think about doing official rolling shots again.

That sounds like a great idea Rando. Maybe Casey will come so they can be done more effectively. I don't trust my car shooting skills just yet. I'd rather leave it to the professionals.

JupiterBMW
05-20-2013, 06:16 PM
I have to be honest, I think a "photo ops" time is a great idea. For rolling shots, time for the true pro's to work on stuff. I honestly didn't take ANY photos of cars because I don't have the skills or the gear, and I know there are so many amazing photographers in the Mafia. I was hoping to see a few pro quality shots of my car too, but no worries. I like how my car photobombed the pic of Charlie & Stu's cars... :biggrin

Mtnman
05-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Looking great kyle! Keep them coming.

cakM3
05-20-2013, 06:31 PM
... I like how my car photobombed the pic of Charlie & Stu's cars... :biggrin

I found this amusing Jon :)

brettbimmer
05-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Kyle, the photo looks awesome on a larger screen! Blurred background, glossy paint, and Xenon headlight flare really make the car pop.

A huge THANK YOU to both you and Ryan for volunteering to get some beautiful photos during the meet.

Personally, I prefer the photo in it's natural form, with EZ-Pass, front plate, and family reunion sticker showing. It will always remind me of when the photo was taken, and who the camera man and chase-car driver were - two very special Bimmer enthusiasts and extraordinary folks down in western NC!

I am looking forward to the night shots at Belissimo's pizza after the rain!

johnrando
05-20-2013, 08:10 PM
I have to be honest, I think a "photo ops" time is a great idea. For rolling shots, time for the true pro's to work on stuff. I honestly didn't take ANY photos of cars because I don't have the skills or the gear, and I know there are so many amazing photographers in the Mafia. I was hoping to see a few pro quality shots of my car too, but no worries. I like how my car photobombed the pic of Charlie & Stu's cars... :biggrin

Jon, Casey did that last year and they came out great. I don't have a horse in this game as my car stays in LA, so I'm open to suggestions. As you know, a professional would want to be paid for their time/shots. Some of our amateurs are pretty darn good.

JupiterBMW
05-21-2013, 06:12 AM
Jon, Casey did that last year and they came out great. I don't have a horse in this game as my car stays in LA, so I'm open to suggestions. As you know, a professional would want to be paid for their time/shots. Some of our amateurs are pretty darn good.

Yeah, I meant "professional" as anyone with skills and a nice camera... Tony, Chris, Kyle, etc etc... All these guys are light years ahead of my skill! I would be willing to pay some for a real professional though, but hopefully by next year I'll be fairly crafty with our new T5i.

johnrando
05-21-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm sure you will! BTW, Matt took GREAT shots last year. We haven't yet seen his from this meet.

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Just to let you all know, it takes a lot of work to shoot photos. If someone took the time to shoot everyone's cars it would take all day no problem.

For instance. I took 40+ shots of Brett's car and the photo above was the only one that everything came together on. Some of your photos will not be in the best focus, the car won't be in the right spot, or there will be something in the background that detracts from the photo. You'll even get the photo that looks great but is too dark or light in places and can't be saved in photoshop.

So there is a day taking photos.....then there is processing. It took me about a hour a photo to process these three. So there's even more time to look at for the photographer. It also took me about a hour to look through my shots and see what was worth messing with and what didn't turn out how I wanted. I took about 75 shots all together at the meet. To have three shots that I'm happy with is very good. Not everything works out as well as you'd think, even if you know what you're doing.

I'm sure that Marc and Casey will attest that they take thousands more photos than we'll ever see or hear about.

danewilson77
05-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Agree to a point.

I think Mark is very good at getting the shot he wants.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if he went to the Grand Canyon, 1000 miles away, to take 2 clicks. One sunset, one sunrise.....and have both be winners.

1 M Mike
05-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Wow! That lead-off shot is great! :like

I've heard of 'Rolling Thunder', but that one could aptly be titled 'Rolling Lightening'.

Somehow even if it hadn't been mentioned as Brett's ride I would have guessed it anyway. :)

UdubBadger
05-21-2013, 09:25 AM
these are great nice work

kakashi169
05-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Wow awesome. May I photoshop my car in one of your car lots? Since I live so far away. HAHA

Marcus-SanDiego
05-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Agree to a point.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if he went to the Grand Canyon, 1000 miles away, to take 2 clicks. One sunset, one sunrise.....and have both be winners.

I'm going to address this comment in a different thread. Will post the link when I'm done.

danewilson77
05-21-2013, 10:48 AM
And just so no one takes my comment the wrong way, I do agree, that photography is a hell of a lot of work, and the photo's you took at the meet are greatly appreciated.:)

UdubBadger
05-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Agree to a point.

You find a "process" that you can rely on 99% of the time for the most part. When it's your job or serious hobby, it's like being comfortable working with any kind of tool: a, wrench a computer program, a chef's knife, a rifle... I'm sure you all get what I mean.

The issue I see far too often is that the DSLR has become so easily available to all consumers that they most of the time believe they can pick one up and not learn how to properly use it and be Ansel Adams.

Ryans323i
05-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Kyle's pretty good at getting the shot he wants too. It just takes more than one stutter opening.

jayjay_dee
05-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Great shots Kyle... I think you have an advantage as you have Ryan and her sweet car to use as a subject to practice your skillz.... keep it up buddy!!!

Mark showed me some pics on his iPad and believe me, they are freaking gorgeous... im not into photography, but the Boss Emeritus and I agreed that its not just the camera that makes a good pic, the photographer also needs to have the 'eye' to see things differently and capture it... and obviously, he has both...

Whitexi
05-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Those shots look good, great work Kyle.

johnrando
05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
You find a "process" that you can rely on 99% of the time for the most part. When it's your job or serious hobby, it's like being comfortable working with any kind of tool: a, wrench a computer program, a chef's knife, a rifle... I'm sure you all get what I mean.

The issue I see far too often is that the DSLR has become so easily available to all consumers that they most of the time believe they can pick one up and not learn how to properly use it and be Ansel Adams.

I'm pretty certain all you need is a good camera to get great shots. :biggrin As Mark said, just because you have a good oven doesn't mean you're a good chef.

JupiterBMW
05-21-2013, 03:29 PM
I agree with all... Having a good camera doesn't even come close to doing the trick. You need a lot of practice and skill for sure. I have neither. In addition, you need to have the right editing software and again, tons more practice and skill...

Photography is NOT easy, that's for sure...

Props and thanks to all of you that do it so well.

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm pretty certain all you need is a good camera to get great shots. :biggrin As Mark said, just because you have a good oven doesn't mean you're a good chef.

For me it's more of what I'm used to honestly. I don't shoot cars that often, it's not what I'm into. I think that including this meet I've shot cars a total of 7 days. I will admit that I had a good time shooting cars at the meet but it's not something I'd wake up for in the morning and do on my own. I enjoy shooting cars for the people that are in them I guess. That's what I've found to be the case thus far at least.

Ryan will attest that I will however wake up before dawn and hit the woods for the photography that I love to do. That mostly consists of wildflowers, birds, waterfalls, etc. I'm just getting into landscape photography a little more but it doesn't really do it for me either, not yet.

I'm trying to branch out on what I photograph...get out of my comfort zone....and I'm really glad that you guys like the photos. I appreciate it a bunch.

Johnmadd
05-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Here is the best I got with my d5100 and phone editing app

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc407/johnmadd1979/DSC_0975_1.jpg

danewilson77
05-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Here is the best I got with my d5100 and phone editing app

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc407/johnmadd1979/DSC_0975_1.jpg

So you shot with a D5100 then edited with your phone?

Johnmadd
05-21-2013, 04:29 PM
So you shot with a D5100 then edited with your phone?

Yes, I suck :facepalm

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 04:41 PM
That's a pretty sweet shot for processing on your phone my man.

Here is the other night shot I got before the rain started back again. It's not the best but it's kinda neat. I was excited about shooting at night but not excited enough to get my not-waterproof lens wet.

It would have been better but I had Kristen's car farther forward then the rest for a head on shot, which didn't turn out well at all for me. By the time I starting thinking angles it was too late to want to move them around again.

Mtnman
05-21-2013, 04:47 PM
That a lot of water beading! Kyle, the shots looks great. Keep at it. I cant imagine how they could be better, but im sure you will start snapping them like second nature. Im impressed already.

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 04:49 PM
That a lot of water beading! Kyle, the shots looks great. Keep at it. I cant imagine how they could be better, but im sure you will start snapping them like second nature. Im impressed already.

Thanks David. I'll keep crackin at it. That just means more mountain drives for us to go on.

I'll put up some of my wildlife shots on the forum in a while. I talked about them a bit at the meet and some of the members said they'd like to see some of it. Ryan said I gotta get a watermark for those first though.

OH AND I LIKE THAT SIG!!!!

Johnmadd
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Yes Kyle. Bird Is the word!

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Now the rest of these shots I'm not happy with for one reason or another. But I'll put them up none-the-less.

Mtnman
05-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Yeah, kyle. All my sig is missing is YOUR WATERMARK!

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Working on the watermark. Might have to have outside forces for that. I'm not creative in that manner at all.

More pics.....

az3579
05-21-2013, 05:15 PM
I think each one of these pictures is stunning in its own right. Then again, I'm not a photographer; I'm just the dude who looks at the pictures. So, to me, (your target audience), I think you hit the mark.

Wish I knew y'all were doing rolling shots. lol

Washburn
Sad that I couldn't be there...
Someday, Someday...

Awesome pics !

Johnmadd
That's a pretty sweet shot for processing on your phone my man.

Here is the other night shot I got before the rain started back again. It's not the best but it's kinda neat. I was excited about shooting at night but not excited enough to get my not-waterproof lens wet.

It would have been better but I had Kristen's car farther forward then the rest for a head on shot, which didn't turn out well at all for me. By the time I starting thinking angles it was too late to want to move them around again.

Now the rest of these shots I'm not happy with for one reason or another. But I'll put them up none-the-less.

:drool :drool :drool trifecta

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 05:19 PM
More....and I tell ya black is a bitch David....hardest to photograph by far

Mtnman
05-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Dude! That's awesome kyle!

And people say the E82 is ugly....bullshit!

ELCID86
05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Is that Mini? ;-) --kidding-- Nice car and picture!

JupiterBMW
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Amazing shots Kyle!

Johnmadd
05-21-2013, 05:32 PM
I got this lol

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc407/johnmadd1979/DSC_0975_1_1-1-1.jpg

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 05:33 PM
One more of the trip up.....

Mtnman
05-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Hey kyle, do you have that shot in true colors? I'd love to see Lucy's top and all the cars in their true form if it's worth a shit.

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Gimme a sec...prob was that it's hard to get Imola and Lucy's Red to both come out. I'll put it up though.

Here's another night shot...

danewilson77
05-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes, I suck :facepalm

No. Not at all.... But why not process on your computer with Lightroom, CS5, or a free program like Paint.net?

I actually really like the shot. It just seems counterintuitive to take pics with dslr then process on phone. That's all bud.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 05:45 PM
No. Not at all.... But why not process on your computer with Lightroom, CS5, or a free program like Paint.net?

I actually really like the shot. It just seems counterintuitive to take pics with dslr then process on phone. That's all bud.

For sure...I've got a copy of Photoshop 7 laying around my house somewhere that would work if you don't wanna buy anything and still be able to play.

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Here you go....

Johnmadd
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM

I know. :facepalm

Johnmadd
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
For sure...I've got a copy of Photoshop 7 laying around my house somewhere that would work if you don't wanna buy anything and still be able to play.

Plaese sir!

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Plaese sir!

No prob....I'll find that sucker and get your address.

Johnmadd
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM
No prob....I'll find that sucker and get your address.:cheers

DasMechaniKer
05-21-2013, 06:11 PM
I think each one of these pictures is stunning in its own right. Then again, I'm not a photographer; I'm just the dude who looks at the pictures. So, to me, (your target audience), I think you hit the mark.

Wish I knew y'all were doing rolling shots. lol

All the rolling shots were when we were heading up to the meet Botond.

When we went bowling Ryan and I were thinking about the colors of cars we had with us. One white, two red, two black and that it would make a cool photo. Brett and John were all about it too. That ended up manifesting itself into a rolling shot for Brett the next day and some night shots later on that night. I had intentions of getting my camera out more but it's hard to visit and run a camera at the same time. The crappy Sat. weather was also a factor.

I was also on the fence on how they'd turn out man. I didn't want to waste anyone's time.

zhpnsnv
05-21-2013, 06:13 PM
I don't know anything about photography, but I know these pics made me really happy, Kyle! Keep them coming!

johnrando
05-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Kyle, we can all be perfectionists, especially when it comes to our own photos and putting them out there on a site where there are so many good photographers. BUT, those are very worthy shots, regardless of whether or not they meet some high standard either imagined or set upon them by you. We can be "pics of cars" enthusiasts just as much as "car" enthusiasts... doesn't mean either has to be perfect. And these are just dang nice pics, by golly! :biggrin

Mtnman
05-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Kyle, they are good enough that i already stole your pic of my 1 and changed my sig. Once again i need you to invent a sweet watermark for your pics. I will add watermark immediately
Very happy with pics

illirep
05-21-2013, 07:23 PM
I managed to get a couple nice shots at the meet. Albeit I'm VERY new at car photography. Let me know what you think. I'll post them as I process them.

This is Brettski's Imola

This is hands down the best shot of imola I've ever seen. Great job.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-21-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?9920-My-Photography-Skills

DasMechaniKer
05-22-2013, 08:30 AM
This is hands down the best shot of imola I've ever seen. Great job.

Thank you sir. It's much appreciated.

Kyle, they are good enough that i already stole your pic of my 1 and changed my sig. Once again i need you to invent a sweet watermark for your pics. I will add watermark immediately
Very happy with pics

Don't worry about watermarking this stuff. These are still practice pictures. And they are YOUR BMWs!!

Kyle, we can all be perfectionists, especially when it comes to our own photos and putting them out there on a site where there are so many good photographers. BUT, those are very worthy shots, regardless of whether or not they meet some high standard either imagined or set upon them by you. We can be "pics of cars" enthusiasts just as much as "car" enthusiasts... doesn't mean either has to be perfect. And these are just dang nice pics, by golly! :biggrin

Thanks John. I'm glad you guys are enjoying them. Like I said...I'm very critical of my photography. Maybe it's the same way you all know where all your paint chips are on your Bimmers??

I don't know anything about photography, but I know these pics made me really happy, Kyle! Keep them coming!

Thanks!!! I do believe these are all my good shots though. Until next time!!

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?9920-My-Photography-Skills

Great read Marc.

Ryans323i
05-22-2013, 09:19 AM
One more of the trip up.....

On this forum, if we don't have anything nice to say, we're not supposed to say anything at all. But......this shot....wtf? :dunno "That's that sh*t I don' like". Weirdo.

Mods: Come at me bro!

Fwiw, I told Kyle this pic sucked to his face.

danewilson77
05-22-2013, 09:25 AM
OK. Didn't he just blow it out with an "ART" edit?

Ryans323i
05-22-2013, 09:35 AM
OK. Didn't he just blow it out with an "ART" edit?

Yeah, it's all in the editing. He said he thinks it looks neat.

danewilson77
05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
So...it's subjective and in your opinion it sucks.

The pic....unedited, probably looked pretty good.......IMO.

Ryans323i
05-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Werd. The original picture is really washed out, Post #62.

johnrando
05-22-2013, 09:59 AM
If you and Kyle "can handle the truth" with each other, who are we to intervene? :biggrin

Torxuvin
05-22-2013, 10:11 AM
I like them :shifty

elric
05-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Jeff's Imola

Absolutely beautiful shot .... Thanks Kyle.

DasMechaniKer
05-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Absolutely beautiful shot .... Thanks Kyle.

My pleasure.

330i ZHP
05-22-2013, 07:23 PM
any more pics of my car?

HokieZHP
05-23-2013, 05:27 AM
any more pics of my car?

Matt took a bunch but he hasn't touched them yet I don't think. He's too busy enjoying the first week of summer off at the lake with his friends. I'll ask him when he plans to upload the pics he took.

DasMechaniKer
05-23-2013, 08:26 AM
any more pics of my car?

Sorry Stuart. I didn't take any of your car but that one. Sure know I wanted to though, that wagonE is badass!

UdubBadger
05-23-2013, 11:18 AM

Ah yes the "because full frame" logic. :starbucks :facepalm

ryankokesh
05-23-2013, 12:58 PM
I've decided I'm gonna make "Because 1.6x Frame" t-shirts. Or rather, t-shirt, singular, as I'm guessing I'll be the only one to want one.

danewilson77
05-23-2013, 01:18 PM
I've decided I'm gonna make "Because 1.6x Frame" t-shirts. Or rather, t-shirt, singular, as I'm guessing I'll be the only one to want one.

You're (us) the only one that would get it.

UdubBadger
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
#because1.6xcropfactor

ryankokesh
05-23-2013, 02:56 PM
tweet dat shit

HokieZHP
05-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Matt says his pics will be up shortly

danewilson77
05-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Good deal

:happyspidey

BCS_ZHP
05-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Matt now has some motivation to post pix, via Chris today I said every day that goes by without his pics being posted equals how many other people I call before him when the time comes to sell my wagon (not now, maybe later this year).

johnrando
05-23-2013, 04:43 PM
:rofl

BCS_ZHP
05-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Why the rolf?

danewilson77
05-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Why the rolf?

Because that was funny.

BCS_ZHP
05-23-2013, 04:54 PM
I was being dead serious. Got a guy pinging me weekly, offered more than I have in it. When the time comes to part it'll be Matt's option first, he was first here to express serious interest.

GMATT
05-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Good deal.....nice to take care of family!

Sent from my fancy telephone!

danewilson77
05-23-2013, 05:46 PM
I was being dead serious. Got a guy pinging me weekly, offered more than I have in it. When the time comes to part it'll be Matt's option first, he was first here to express serious interest.

Ok Bruce.

Imola.ZHP
05-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Nice work!

DasMechaniKer
05-25-2013, 03:17 AM
Here's one to quote....

kayger12
05-25-2013, 04:03 AM
Here's one to quote....

DW: Mark, I see three of you.

Mark: Completely normal after that much whiskey, Dane. Just talk to the one in the middle.

Sent from the Last Next Best Thing.

UdubBadger
05-25-2013, 05:08 AM
hahaha

danewilson77
05-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Thanks to all that took and is sharing pics from the meet.

DasMechaniKer
05-25-2013, 05:16 AM
Here's one to quote....

I was thinking more along the lines of...."One day you will take over this business we have built."

UdubBadger
05-25-2013, 05:19 AM
Here's one to quote....

If I may offer some suggestions.

This photo is possibly suffering from 2 things. Blues tend to jump out (in other colors) when your white balance is off, or when you have too much saturation going on in a photo. Notice the Silver Grey car now looks blue water metallic, that would be this effect happening.

If you are using lightroom or raw editor in PS, it's a very easy fix by either 1. adjusting the white balance properly, 2. not raising the overall saturation too high or 3. working with each color individually. Personally I would start with white balance and move on from there but here are examples of all 3.

original

"auto" white balance (if it was a raw image you could use more settings than just auto)

overall reduction of saturation by -30

individual reduction in saturation of blue by -50 and luminance by -25

DasMechaniKer
05-25-2013, 05:26 AM
If I may offer some suggestions.

This photo is possibly suffering from 2 things. Blues tend to jump out (in other colors) when your white balance is off, or when you have too much saturation going on in a photo. Notice the Silver Grey car now looks blue water metallic, that would be this effect happening.

If you are using lightroom or raw editor in PS, it's a very easy fix by either 1. adjusting the white balance properly, 2. not raising the overall saturation too high or 3. working with each color individually. Personally I would start with white balance and move on from there but here are examples of all 3.

original

"auto" white balance (if it was a raw image you could use more settings than just auto)

overall reduction of saturation by -30

individual reduction in saturation of blue by -50 and luminance by -25

Thanks for the info....I didn't do much besides crop it, I think my polarizing filter was on when I took it though. Looks a ton better after you tweaked it.

UdubBadger
05-25-2013, 06:03 AM
if that is the case you need to check your camera settings as your saturation is through the roof. also per the white balance you should make sure you're either on auto or that you are changing it with changing light conditions. the polerizing filter could be a little of the issue but would likely make the photo darker before it made it over saturated in blue.
:thumbup

DasMechaniKer
05-25-2013, 02:48 PM
if that is the case you need to check your camera settings as your saturation is through the roof. also per the white balance you should make sure you're either on auto or that you are changing it with changing light conditions. the polerizing filter could be a little of the issue but would likely make the photo darker before it made it over saturated in blue.
:thumbup

Good info, I'll look into that right now. Maybe my color settings are off or something. Only been running the 7D for a couple months now.

cakM3
05-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Here's one I managed to sneak in with my ///M and Lucy ;)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/M3%20Trip%202013/IMG_6612_zps503784ae.jpg

danewilson77
05-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Here's one I managed to sneak in with my ///M and Lucy ;)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/M3%20Trip%202013/IMG_6612_zps503784ae.jpg

Both super clean.

DasMechaniKer
06-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Here's another shot I took, must have missed it when I was looking through the files. Jayjay's I think?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e284/Quattro15/JayJayJpeg_zps55507e79.jpg (http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Quattro15/media/JayJayJpeg_zps55507e79.jpg.html)

danewilson77
06-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Nice Kyle!

Johnmadd
06-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Here's another shot I took, must have missed it when I was looking through the files. Jayjay's I think?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e284/Quattro15/JayJayJpeg_zps55507e79.jpg (http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Quattro15/media/JayJayJpeg_zps55507e79.jpg.html)

John likey!

az3579
06-04-2013, 06:05 PM
^ That is Gary's car.

cakM3
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
^ That is Gary's car.

Yes, that's Gary's car.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

jayjay_dee
06-05-2013, 06:57 AM
I wish that was my car, so sexy... lol...

Great job taking that pic Kyle...

Ryans323i
06-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Looks great. I forgot JayJay had a front plate, so that error is on me. Did anyone else notice the sweet "Body & Sol" placement? I thought that was very fitting.

johnrando
06-05-2013, 07:33 AM
I did catch that. :thumbsup

DasMechaniKer
06-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the ZHP owner correction guys! Glad you like the photo!!

Dave_B
06-05-2013, 12:39 PM
It took me from the Performance Center event, to this thread to realize the username - person.

OMG Kyle! These look awesome! Having read all the pages now... I'd like to see some of your "wilderness" pics in an OT section. :) The salamander in your sig looks awesome!

And a slight nudge since I know you have a couple... some of the pics from that Performance Center event pretty please?

DasMechaniKer
06-05-2013, 01:53 PM
It took me from the Performance Center event, to this thread to realize the username - person.

OMG Kyle! These look awesome! Having read all the pages now... I'd like to see some of your "wilderness" pics in an OT section. :) The salamander in your sig looks awesome!

And a slight nudge since I know you have a couple... some of the pics from that Performance Center event pretty please?

I've been putting wildlife shots up in the Official Photo of the Day Thread.....here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?4591-Official-Photo-of-the-Day-(Potentially-NSFW)-NO-CARS)

As for the performance center photos....

I haven't looked through those photos too hard either Dave, it was a crazy bright day and my polarizing filter wasn't in my freakin bag! I may have something salvagable, but I don't know. I'll look for ya though!

Dave_B
06-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Even your "crappy" photo's I'm sure will do. :)

I'll take a look at the wildlife stuff.

DasMechaniKer
06-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Even your "crappy" photo's I'm sure will do. :)

I'll take a look at the wildlife stuff.

Sounds good Dave! I'll look at the autocross stuff tonight if it stays rainy today.

GMATT
06-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Kyle can you send me that pic via email? If so I would like to use it as my sig. Picture ...ok?

DasMechaniKer
06-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Kyle can you send me that pic via email? If so I would like to use it as my sig. Picture ...ok?

PM sent my friend