PDA

View Full Version : DICE

ZHP-FTW
02-03-2011, 01:35 AM
I have a DICE system for my ipod and it's awesome.

MisterMotorist
02-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I just bought my ZHP this weekend - It has some kind of Dice iPod connector and no CD changer. I am going to investigate how it works, but I don't have an iPod yet. I plugged in my wife's iPod and it played but I don't see any song listings and I could not control the iPod with the steering wheel buttons. I guess that I have a lot to learn...any tips would be appreciated...

az3579
02-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I have a DICE system for my ipod and it's awesome.

You don't have any problems with it?

ZHP-FTW
02-04-2011, 01:47 AM
I just bought my ZHP this weekend - It has some kind of Dice iPod connector and no CD changer. I am going to investigate how it works, but I don't have an iPod yet. I plugged in my wife's iPod and it played but I don't see any song listings and I could not control the iPod with the steering wheel buttons. I guess that I have a lot to learn...any tips would be appreciated...

Yeah the way mine is set up I can't see text/songs on the navi screen and don't have steering wheel controls for the Ipod either.

You don't have any problems with it?

No problems so to speak, just the above mention lack of features I guess. At first it took a few tries with different integration control modules because I got some nasty feedback sounds but eventually got the bugs worked out.

Washburn
02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Gald yours is problem free.
However, I have heard the DICE and I (being a rather picky person about sound) thought sound quality sucked ass compared to my USA Spec. Dice may have 1 or 2 more features, but it also seems laden with glitches (check out the threads on bimmerfest and $46fanatics, 90% of them are about problems) - my USA Spec has been rock solid and GREAT sound quality, and full steering wheel controls. It's also 100% metal, whereas the DICE is all plastic. If your DICE ever gets glitchy, I'd seriously consider the USA Spec.

Also read Delmarco's comparo of the 2 devices (just google "delmarco DICE USA Spec")

ZHP-FTW
02-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks, good to know

johnrando
02-05-2011, 08:32 PM
My DICE works just fine, hadn't heard the audio on the USA Spec so I couldn't compare, but it DOES show the track names, etc on the NAV screen... not sure if the installer had to do anything special for it, but I doubt it. I just look at the IPOD screen anyway. If my DICE does act up (occasionally but not enough for me to have serious issues, I just unplug/plug the cable to the DICE unit and that does the trick. john