PDA

View Full Version : My Dynavin went kaput.

ryankokesh
05-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Anyone have any ideas? One day it just didn't work... The visible fuse is fine, the car's fuse in the glove box is fine, but the Dynavin does absolutely nothing. No lights, no audio, no disc ejecting, no nothin. I couldn't figure it out so I put the BMW Business head unit back in.

:confused

johnrando
05-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Oh man. Hope you find out soon.

ryankokesh
05-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Me too....

cakM3
05-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Ryan,

Is this the Dynavin or clone? The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to pull the trigger on the Dynavin D99 soon after doing some more research.

ryankokesh
05-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Real deal. V4 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BavarianZHP
05-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Dumb suggestion (as in you've probably already done it), but have you contacted Dynavin on the issue? I've heard only good things about their customer service. Since your stock radio works it must be something with the D99.

Pip
05-23-2013, 10:05 PM
I have a clone and I disconnected the battery one day and mine wouldn't do anything hit the lights around the knobs. Worked. I pulled the fuse in the back of the unit and put back in and it worked. Been fine ever since. Worth a shot.

ryankokesh
05-24-2013, 03:56 AM
Dumb suggestion (as in you've probably already done it), but have you contacted Dynavin on the issue? I've heard only good things about their customer service. Since your stock radio works it must be something with the D99.

Hmm, no, haven't tried that actually. It's a few years old now so I figured they'd just tell me to get a new one, lol.

ryankokesh
05-24-2013, 03:56 AM
I have a clone and I disconnected the battery one day and mine wouldn't do anything hit the lights around the knobs. Worked. I pulled the fuse in the back of the unit and put back in and it worked. Been fine ever since. Worth a shot.

So the fuse wasn't seated properly?

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 04:14 AM
Hmm, no, haven't tried that actually. It's a few years old now so I figured they'd just tell me to get a new one, lol.

:facepalm

V4 FTL

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 04:15 AM
Ryan,

Is this the Dynavin or clone? The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to pull the trigger on the Dynavin D99 soon after doing some more research.

FWIW buddy my D99 non andriod V5 has worked well in the last 15 months or so since I've had it. The updated software iGoPrimo is BAUSE compared to the older one it came with. Really kicks up the sound quality in the stereo as well. :thumbsup

ryankokesh
05-24-2013, 04:49 AM
Watch out... it's the 16th month that's the doozy.

Actually, it lived 2 years and 2 months. Guess you've still got some time on the clock :)

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 05:37 AM
A plague on the house of Kokesh for saying that. nono

Like I haven't had enough issues with this car already in under 3 weeks of ownership.

Pip
05-24-2013, 05:43 AM
So the fuse wasn't seated properly?

Well I think I tripped it but it should have blown but the fuse was fine. A simple remove and put back in fixed the issue. I believe. It had something to do with me taking the battery cable off when it was still on or something.

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 05:50 AM
oops