PDA

View Full Version : My Guys at getBMWparts.com

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 03:00 PM
I know this isn't a specific product review but I wanted to take a minute to tell you all about "my guys" even though they are not site sponsors here.

Copied from e46f.c:

Most of the BMW world knows them (unless you've had your head under a rock for the last several years), they are Evan and Jason of getBMWparts.com/BMW Silver Spring. Nothing unusual about me telling you all what you likely already know - they have the best pricing on OEM goods, the best customer service around and are always available to help out by answering questions about products and such. They've gained this reputation for a few reasons, one - they are truly passionate about what they do, two - they are just genuinely good guys, and three - they believe in the principle that a satisfied customer is a return customer and that is all too often forgotten in this world of aftermarket parts. I have purchased many products from many vendors over the years, some are great to work with and some really could give a shit after you've paid them and they shipped your stuff out. These two guys surpass anyone I have every worked with.

Evan and Jason have always been there for me, no matter what. When I got my 1st BMW, it was they who helped guide me through all the noob questions about modding it. When I moved on, they helped me set up my new ride with some great deals and Evan and I started talking pretty frequently. He became more than a vendor that sold me stuff and a lot like a friend I just had never met in person. He was gracious enough to seek me out and offer me the 1st set of brand new parts that were just hitting the US shores, and he has come to my rescue when I've been in a bind many times with items that needed fixing or replacing. But even more, we've gotten to be some sort of pen pals over the years and shared more about our personal lives with each other than we have talked about BMW stuff, and to me that's pretty cool. I really wished they gave him more time off at work because he was invited to my wedding a while back and really wish he could have made it.

I've been going to both of these guys for anything I possibly could for the last 5 years on 4 different BMW's (yeah I go through cars rather quickly) and most recently for an M3 that was purchased and then I later discovered about 100 different hidden issues that the PO didn't disclose. Needless to say I am in a bind to get it fixed up now. Evan was the 1st guy I sought out as usual, and as usual he took care of me like I was his own blood. However, this time around something was different. He PM'd me a few days ago after telling him I got my order of parts and thanking him, and gave me a tracking number and said "Happy 5 Year Anniversary bro". I figured he'd send me a key chain and some of their newer stickers because even though I have about 1000 of them already and have always sported them on my car, he's always doing stuff like that.

Well today I came home and found a package at my door from BMW Silver Spring and opened it up to find no stickers, but something he sent me as a personal gift. I'm not going to say what it was, but I will say it's FAR beyond what I could have expected even from a friend, let alone a guy I buy car parts from, half way across the country and have never actually met in person.

This is the kind stuff guys like BOTH Evan and Jason do without even thinking twice, and that is why I will always go to them first for anything I need. If you are not working with either of them you are truly missing out on something special in the line of great service and great guys to get to know, the amazing pricing is just icing on the cake IMO.

Evan, thank you from the bottom of my heart man. You probably already know how much it means to me but it's likely still more than that. We keep talking about meeting up for Timmayfest every year and me buying you some drinks as a thank you but I really have always owed you way more than just that. I know you and the lady bird will be out of town this year so yet again, we will miss each other so here is my offer to you. I have a home in suburban Chicago with plenty of space, a stocked fridge of food and beverage, a beautiful city 20 min away to explore and keys to an E46 M3 that you have helped me repair to explore it in, at your disposal WHENEVER you are willing to take me up on the offer. All you have to do is get here and I will make sure everything else is taken care of for you.

You are a good friend Mr. WinSTUD, thanks again MY MAN!

To both of you... Thank you for being the place I can always count on for my BMW!

ryankokesh
05-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Annnnd you've successfully bumped up my faith-in-humanity meter for the day.... kinda needed it :)

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Well thank Evan for that one... he's bumped mine up a few notches as well.

ryankokesh
05-24-2013, 03:39 PM
I'll go buy something from them.

BCS_ZHP
05-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Real good folks there, about an hour drive for me. Stuart lives nearby and visits them regularly, Wagone has their fingerprints on it...

brettbimmer
05-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Long-time satisfied customer with them, though never met either one either! Good outfit, (as today's UPS box on my doorstep will attest). Perhaps we need to add them as members on the Mafia?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 04:27 PM
I will talk to Ev about it to see. Need to find out from the new bosses about pricing to sponsor.

NorCalZman
05-24-2013, 04:40 PM
I do believe getbmwparts customer service reputation is well earned based on my past dealings. Unfortunately, I found out about another BMW dealer online parts dept that has significantly cheaper prices on parts I will be ordering this weekend. I think I need to give them a try. Who knows, I might get what I paid for and come crawling back to getbmwparts. Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ELCID86
05-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Great story. On my list of go-to places now.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 05:16 PM
I do believe getbmwparts customer service reputation is well earned based on my past dealings. Unfortunately, I found out about another BMW dealer online parts dept that has significantly cheaper prices on parts I will be ordering this weekend. I think I need to give them a try. Who knows, I might get what I paid for and come crawling back to getbmwparts. Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To each his own but I will publicly post this:

5/26/11
Seriously man, can’t thank you enough for all the support you’ve shown us. Kinda like vendors, many customers are our friends until someone else has a slightly lower price – then everything we’ve done in the past and all the great service we try our best to offer is completely forgotten about. (oh well…such is the world we live in these days I guess).

Anyone is free to buy from wherever they please. I just know even if I am spending $8 more buying rubber mats from Tischer over somewhere else, I am glad to pay that $12 for the superior level of service I get from Evan and Jason. So with that being said I will say, is the $8 worth it to save buying somewhere else if it means you don't get the superior service?

Again not hating on you trying other places, just attesting to my support for the 2 best guys in the biz. ;)

Also if you find it cheaper somewhere else the worst you could do is ask them to price match. They'll likely beat it if they can (which I assume they can as they all get same pricing from BMW) but now you have me curious as to what "significant" means in your book... I've RARELY seen anything more than a couple of bucks difference in what they charge on anything anywhere else.

WOLFN8TR
05-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Good customer service is hard to find these days. Usually when I find a place that has Good customer service I will stick with them over the other guy that has items for a few bucks cheaper. I recently encountered this with a vendor on eBay. I ordered a pedal set for the ZHP. The wrong set was sent by mistake, the correct set was sent no questions asked. Then the brake pedal didn't fit properly, my money was refunded NO questions asked. His reply was "we are a honest seller and we will make it right or your money back". Awesome customer service!

I will go take a look and see what they have, Thanks...

Gary

trancenation
05-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Good to hear about your experience with GETBMWPARTs.com . Unfortunately, they forgot to include some pieces to my order today. Hopefully they will sort this out asap...

NorCalZman
05-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Also if you find it cheaper somewhere else the worst you could do is ask them to price match. They'll likely beat it if they can (which I assume they can as they all get same pricing from BMW) but now you have me curious as to what "significant" means in your book... I've RARELY seen anything more than a couple of bucks difference in what they charge on anything anywhere else.

Don't get me wrong. I love rewarding good customer service, but I'm not rich. Haha. And no it's not a couple of bucks. I priced out a car alarm and all the parts (individually) for an M3 strut bar and the alarm alone was like $40+ cheaper. I dont think im being a penny pinncher here. That is really hard to ignore. Know what I mean? If you want to see for yourself you can compare these parts yourself at ebmwparts.com.

I had considered asking them if they price match but...I dunno. I guess I could.

PS. I did buy the car cover from getbmwparts and then discovered it was 10 bucks cheaper at this other dealer too.

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Good to hear about your experience with GETBMWPARTs.com . Unfortunately, they forgot to include some pieces to my order today. Hopefully they will sort this out asap...

I am sure they will fix it ASAP on Tuesday if you call in or email (sucks its a holiday weekend). Mistakes happen, it's happened to me too before.

UdubBadger
05-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love rewarding good customer service, but I'm not rich. Haha. And no it's not a couple of bucks. I priced out a car alarm and all the parts (individually) for an M3 strut bar and the alarm alone was like $40+ cheaper. I dont think im being a penny pinncher here. That is really hard to ignore. Know what I mean? If you want to see for yourself you can compare these parts yourself at ebmwparts.com.

I had considered asking them if they price match but...I dunno. I guess I could.

PS. I did buy the car cover from getbmwparts and then discovered it was 10 bucks cheaper at this other dealer too.

Hahaha, you're talking to the king of "ballin on a budget" so I feel ya there. I'm surprised it's such a gap, maybe they haven't updated their pricing on it? Either way, I'm sure they'd match it.

I am deal savvy as well but I just keep finding the best deals with them for some reason.

illirep
05-24-2013, 08:14 PM
They are my go to guys as well. Evan and Jason have been helping me since my first zhp many moons ago!

UdubBadger
05-27-2013, 02:22 PM
^Seems like this is true for a lot of guys in the BMW world.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

330i ZHP
05-28-2013, 05:28 AM
They are both good family guys. I do live close by as Bruce mentioned and I do go see them often. And I do sneak up and around to their hidden office when I go up to Tischer just to say hi if nothing else

Could I get things cheaper online - likely yes...maybe no...I don't usually look unless the price seems way off

UdubBadger
05-28-2013, 06:53 AM
:thumbsup

trancenation
05-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Update: They are shipping out the correct part today and provided me with tracking. Good guys to work with!