Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The bolt I bought was under the Stainless Steel section and there was a clear 8.8 indent on the head.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    The bolt I bought was under the Stainless Steel section and there was a clear 8.8 indent on the head.
    Cool......in that case you should be alright then. I would be surprised if it is truly stainless though. Usually they have more of a silver grey finish.

One of these days I should tackle my pulleys/idlers. I have the parts, just haven't gotten around to doing them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    I would be surprised if it is truly stainless though. Usually they have more of a silver grey finish.

One of these days I should tackle my pulleys/idlers. I have the parts, just haven't gotten around to doing them yet.
    I hope it is SS too. LOL. If it isn't...what's the worse to happen even if it's covered by a nice little plastic cap in the engine bay? I assume the moisture in the air could play a role in degrading this bolt in the future? It's easy to do all the pulleys/idlers/belts. Just get start taking off the intake collector and radiator fan and you'll get into the mood! LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Got a bolt... Not SS but it does say 8.8 on the head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that mean if it doesn't strip...now it'll rust on? LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Prolly... Will have to do for now though as I'm gonna put pulleys on and I don't think the bolt on there has two more removals left in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe what you can do it protect it with some kind of grease or coating that'll make it more water resistant. That with the plastic cover on it should work ok for a decently long time.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

BUMP!!

I changed the OEM bolt (allen key type) on my ///M today. I only torqued the tensioner bolt twice in my lifetime of owning the car and it was showing metal fatigue. I'd give it maybe 3 more times of torquing the belt tensioner until it got really sketchy. Now the same 17mm bolt that holds the lower alternator and + terminal to it is used for the belt tensioner. I won't have to worry about that stripping out on me.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123