Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Sound quality dropping in and out...

Original sound system. Harmon Kardon. The sound seems to drop out from great to eh! Really strange as it seems to work better when I drive through parts of PA and Canada. But live in MI and it seems to go in and out alot. Thought it might be the speed sensor adjusting to noise as it happens when i step on the gas. Not all the time though... Anyone else have this and found out what it might be?

I noticed something similar in my car and thought I was losing a few speakers or something. I noticed the DSP light was on and pressed the button to turn it off. The dropping in and out stopped. DSP seems to have issues if the car is not getting a strong signal from the radio station.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    I noticed something similar in my car and thought I was losing a few speakers or something. I noticed the DSP light was on and pressed the button to turn it off. The dropping in and out stopped. DSP seems to have issues if the car is not getting a strong signal from the radio station.
    I've noticed the exact same thing, and its only when listening to the radio. Probably FM switching from stereo to mono due to a weak signal if I had to guess.
    ~Will
    2004 Imola Red 330i
    6MT, Black Leather, Silver Cube, Cold Weather pkg, mostly Stock

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    I've noticed the exact same thing, and its only when listening to the radio. Probably FM switching from stereo to mono due to a weak signal if I had to guess.
    Right. It actually says just that in the owners manual too. That is what gave me the bright idea to turn off the DSP when the radio was having signal issues. I actually get nerdy pleasure reading through our owners manual every once in awhile to remind myself about all the neat tricks this car can do.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by notes2john View Post
    Thought it might be the speed sensor adjusting to noise as it happens when i step on the gas.
    There is a way to turn this function off, or at least, attenuate it I thought.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

My car is doing this, even on AM.. shouldn't it only be a problem in stereo on FM? I really wish the sound system were more modern. The latest Bluetooth-streaming setups found even in Hertz turds like the Chevy Cruze make me green with envy.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

You know, you might want to try lowering the sound sensitivity to it's lowest setting (1) and see if that changes anything. At least it could eliminate that, and maybe that could be the fix.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture